What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

San Fran S's (1 Viewer)

jgb95

Footballguy
Michael Lewis SS

FS: ???

I read this the other day on Rotoworld.

The 49ers have penciled in Dashon Goldson as their new starting free safety.

They could still go after Malcolm Jenkins with the No. 10 pick or a Rashad Johnson in round two, but Goldson has the most upside of any safety

on San Francisco's roster. He's someone to watch in big-play IDP leagues.

Looking for someone else's thoughts

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't count on Goldson holding the job for long.

I'd be shocked if the 2nd/3rd round pick was not a FS...and if not, Smith might be moved from CB and given a shot at the job.

jgb95 said:
5Rings said:
Don't count on Goldson holding the job for long. I'd be shocked if the 2nd/3rd round pick was not a FS...and if not, Smith might be moved from CB and given a shot at the job.
Smith???
Reggie Smith, 3rd rd pick out of Oklahoma last year.

Anything new here?

Goldson has been scoring OK as the FS and Lewis may be out for a while with a concussion.

Goldson worth a play short and long-term? Who fills in for Lewis at this point?

Probably not. With Willis and Spikes in the LB core, its hard to get any tackles for Goldson. He's usually out there for pass coverage but the niner's corners have been playing well this year (aside from this weekend). Goldson is a big play kind of guy but he's not even the 5th best player on that defense.

Users who are viewing this thread