What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chase Headley vs. Cameron Maybin (1 Viewer)

Maybin or Headley?

• Cameron Maybin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chase Headley

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Man In The Box

Footballguy
I have Ichiro who looks like he'll be back in the lineup sometime this week and I'm going to cut one of these two to make room. I'm pretty much sold on Maybin being the one to cut. He looks lost and swings at everything. Add in the fact that it looks like he'll be hitting in the bottom of the lineup. What do the gurus here think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybin plays on a better offensive team, and a much better hitters park. Marlins are doing him no favors sticking him in the 8 hole, I've been benching him a lot so far this year. I'd hate dropping either player, as Maybin has definite 20/20 potential (although this year 15/25 may be a better chance) and Headley has very good upside in the power department. I'd probably drop Headley to be honest.

Thanks guys, keep em coming. I guess I should add that this is a keep 3 league, but one of these two would have to have a really great season for that to be a factor. Would have to be better than Bay and Holliday, who are most likely going to be who I have to pick from as my #3 keeper for next year behind Miggy and Kemp.

Maybin: Probably hit around .255-.265, 15 HR's, 15-20 SB's, would score a good amount of runs if he was hitting higher in the line-up.

Headley: Expecting an average hovering around .280 and 15-20 HR's...

It would be a no-brainer if Headley was playing in FLA, but I'd still roll with Chase.

If he's a bench guy you're rarely going to play, Maybin has more upside.

If you're going to be relying on him to produce at least a couple-few days/week, Headley's the correct play.

If he's a bench guy you're rarely going to play, Maybin has more upside.If you're going to be relying on him to produce at least a couple-few days/week, Headley's the correct play.
Whomever I keep will be my #6 OF. We start 5. I'll have Kemp, Ichiro, Bay, Holliday, and Adam Jones starting.

If he's a bench guy you're rarely going to play, Maybin has more upside.If you're going to be relying on him to produce at least a couple-few days/week, Headley's the correct play.
Whomever I keep will be my #6 OF. We start 5. I'll have Kemp, Ichiro, Bay, Holliday, and Adam Jones starting.
Daily transaction league? or weekly?Daily - keep Headley, weekly - keep Maybin

Users who are viewing this thread