What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL CHICAGO BLACKHAWKS PLAYOFF THREAD*** (2 Viewers)

Damn. Hate those goals with less than a minute to play.Killers.
Yep, can be a big momentum swing. Nucks are going to be bringing the house in the 3rd, imagine with the D being aggressive odd man breaks are inevitable.
Could be a blessing, maybe they won't fall asleep in the 3rd now. I don't think Buff is going to let them lose. He is mad and taking over, I love it. Glad I broke out my 33 shirt for the game.

Yep, can be a big momentum swing. Nucks are going to be bringing the house in the 3rd, imagine with the D being aggressive odd man breaks are inevitable.
Could be a blessing, maybe they won't fall asleep in the 3rd now. I don't think Buff is going to let them lose. He is mad and taking over, I love it. Glad I broke out my 33 shirt for the game.
We win tonight and you better wear that shirt for every game going forward. And yeah it could be, as long as the chances are limited to long outside shots and we clear the puck regularly.

Ok, you must wear this shirt for every game going forward. No excuses.

Ok, you must wear this shirt for every game going forward. No excuses.
:rolleyes: my brother told me I can't wash it. I will wear it for every game until a loss(unwashed now that its been ordered)

The defense has picked it up the last 2 games, compared to that 1st game when they were non existant. We need more of that tonight. GO HAWKS!!!!! Rip em a new one.

Wow, assuming the obvious happens...Sharks / Hawks will be epic, as both teams are playing at the top of their games at the moment, and both teams can fly, have amazing offensive talent, and are, quite simply, DAMN entertaining to watch. Boston/Pittsburgh will probably get the prime time slots due to San Jose's market, although Chicago trumps all...but that series will not make entertaining "TV" like the WCF, imo...

Awesome win.

3 games in 'Couver = 18 goals. Just awesome.

This SJ-CHI series is going to be something to watch. My biggest concern is the size & physical play of Clowe, Heatley, etc.

Pavelski vs. Toews.... this is going to be awesome.

:lmao:

Awesome win.3 games in 'Couver = 18 goals. Just awesome.This SJ-CHI series is going to be something to watch. My biggest concern is the size & physical play of Clowe, Heatley, etc. Pavelski vs. Toews.... this is going to be awesome. :lmao:
Don't think Pavelski will be on the ice when Towes is, that might be Bolland's line. Their size doesn't concern me as much, I think our speed counters that a bit, not too mention we can hit as well. Just ask Vancouver.

so listening to barry melrose this morning he has become the biggest fan of Niemi , WERE DOOMED. Niemei has played better, no doubt, but there was a lot of fortunate bounces, misses and great defensemen stick work in the 1st period last night. I really think the biggest thing is couver was so beaten down on the blue line. The 2nd period last night might have been the best period I have seen the Hawks play all season, just thoroughly out hustled the canucks. Was Kopecky a healthy scratch?

so listening to barry melrose this morning he has become the biggest fan of Niemi , WERE DOOMED. Niemei has played better, no doubt, but there was a lot of fortunate bounces, misses and great defensemen stick work in the 1st period last night. I really think the biggest thing is couver was so beaten down on the blue line. The 2nd period last night might have been the best period I have seen the Hawks play all season, just thoroughly out hustled the canucks. Was Kopecky a healthy scratch?
In the first there were also some fortunate bounces for the Canucks while the Hawks were in their zone. No idea why AV didn't try and get the Sedin line out against line other than the Bolland line, that was a problem for them as was Luongo's mental toughness or lack-thereof. And no one knows if Kopecky was a healthy scratch or not, couple of the beat reporters were saying they thought JQ wanted Brouwer for his size/hitting ability.

Hawks have to be aggressive like they were in the last game of the series vs. the Preds. Finish your checks in the offensive zone! Hawks are a quicker team, need to use that to their advantage.

:popcorn:

Well, even though Byfuglien and Versteeg will probably be dealt to keep the Hawks at an elite level(friggin cap, this team has dynasty written all over it...well Chicago versus Pitt....but the cap will probably keep the other squads somewhat close to the Hawks)...

Still, I think we will get PIT v CHI three times or so to determine the best of the 2010's, imo...maybe the Caps jump in to make an argument, not sure who will compete with the Hawks in West long-term...maybe LA? Phoenix? Colo? Detroint, of course...

Nevert thought they'd reach the top in year 3 of a 5/6 year plan. And even though they will lose some depth, I trust Scotty Bowman and company will keep the talent flowing in for quite some time. Plus, Toews/Kane/Hossa/Keith/Seabrook/Niemi anchoring? All young studs? I think the Hawks can win 2 or 3 titles over the next ten...I'm sure the Pens will as well...

Last edited by a moderator:
Do we know what the schedule will be, or does it still depend on Philly/Montreal? I'm definitely going to get tickets for either game 1 or 2--don't want to risk waiting for game 5.

Do we know what the schedule will be, or does it still depend on Philly/Montreal? I'm definitely going to get tickets for either game 1 or 2--don't want to risk waiting for game 5.
Radio says a Philly win tomorrow starts the series Friday. Sets up my Game 2 tix on Sunday before Memorial day very nicely! :thumbup:

Any nervousness about the possible Hossa curse?

I don't think there is any chance you guys can lose the SCF but weirder things have happened.

Radio says a Philly win tomorrow starts the series Friday. Sets up my Game 2 tix on Sunday before Memorial day very nicely! :shrug:
Thanks! :help: I think I'll try to hit Sunday's game, too. NICE.

Any nervousness about the possible Hossa curse? I don't think there is any chance you guys can lose the SCF but weirder things have happened.
If Flyers win then there is a chance of Winter Classic Curse. Curses will be even, so best team will win.

So is conventional wisdom Hawks in 4, regardless of who they play?
Hawks in 3. They're just that good. :shrug: Seriously, I don't like all this Hawks in 4 or 5 talk, though I wish it would be true. Seems overconfident. Philly is playing great.

Is Duncs going to hit the Dentist before the Cup Finals? He sounded like a 90 year old in his post game today.

Looks like it's time to jump back on the Blackhawks bandwagon that I jumped off of when the Stars moved to Dallas and brought in Belfour. It seems about time to get over the fire sale at the end of 1995-96.Wore my red Blackhawks jersey from the 1992 season during the game today. Great win.

Users who are viewing this thread