Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

I was just rear ended. :giggle:

Just dropped off the kids at daycare and while waiting to turn into my driveway, some donkey hits me.

Now I am the last person to file an injury claim, but my neck is starting to tighten up a little. My neck and shoulders just below. Should I visit the Doctor just in case?

I'm not looking to cash out here or make up a fake injury claim, just curious if you guys would recommend I go as a precaution?

Just dropped off the kids at daycare and while waiting to turn into my driveway, some donkey hits me. Now I am the last person to file an injury claim, but my neck is starting to tighten up a little. My neck and shoulders just below. Should I visit the Doctor just in case? I'm not looking to cash out here or make up a fake injury claim, just curious if you guys would recommend I go as a precaution?

go. think of the children.

You should definitely go. If you have any problems in the future from it (you never know), you will always be able to document that you went to the doctors and had initial pain from the accident.

Tough world we live in, but if it was the other way around and you hit the guy, he would have went to the doctors.

rub some dirt on it

I just did. Like I said, I'm not looking to cash out or make stuff up. My neck and shoulder area just below my neck feel tight, but that's all. As long as I don't wake up tomorrow and I can't move my neck, I think I'll be fine.

You should definitely go. If you have any problems in the future from it (you never know), you will always be able to document that you went to the doctors and had initial pain from the accident.Tough world we live in, but if it was the other way around and you hit the guy, he would have went to the doctors.

What is the allowable time line here? I'd rather not waste my day sitting in a Dr's office today if I'm fine. However, if I'm hurting tomorrow, will that seem "shady"?

Just dropped off the kids at daycare and while waiting to turn into my driveway, some donkey hits me. Now I am the last person to file an injury claim, but my neck is starting to tighten up a little. My neck and shoulders just below. Should I visit the Doctor just in case? I'm not looking to cash out here or make up a fake injury claim, just curious if you guys would recommend I go as a precaution?

Absolutely go. My wife was rear-ended about a year ago. While she felt OK at the time, just minor pain like you, both I and our insurance agent insisted she go to the ER and be checked out. She did and they cautioned her that it might stiffen up over-night. Sure enough it did and she ended up missing 2 days of work. The other driver's insurance ended up paying for that and the doc visits and muscle relaxant meds. Now, it may not have mattered but having it checked then and there forestalled any attempt of them saying "You were fine after the accident. You must have injured it later. We're not paying." Like you, we weren't looking to play the system, but it's nice to be compensated when you are due.

Seriously, skip the doctor and go to the ER......

I'd get checked out. Sometimes symptoms won't show up for a few days.

So what exactly am I going in for then? I'm leaning torwards waiting to see how I feel tomorrow. I have zero interest in sitting in the ER for hours.
Just make up stuff to get seen faster:"my vision is blurry""my left ear is ringing""I can't smell anything""I'm having trouble breathing"Once you get in with the doc, let him/her know those symptoms are bs, and that you just didn't want to wait around all day. :coffee:

Archived