What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wesley Woodyard (1 Viewer)

SproutDaddy

Footballguy
What's his story?

Loved watching this guy at Kentucky, and just acquired him in a trade. I read in one of Cecil's threads a few weeks ago that he was seeing time at MLB during recent camps. Will he be a starter in the new 3-4 alignments the Broncos are incorporating?

Woodyard will back up DJ Williams at WILB (and WLB in 4-3 looks) and could see some time in the nickel packages, though that's yet to be determined. It looked like he may have had a chance to sneak into a starting role earlier in the offseason, but the signing of Andra Davis killed much of his potential value.

Thanks Jene.

I didn't realize they had signed Davis. So, he's definitely worth hanging on to, right? Davis isn't that young anymore.

Thanks Jene. I didn't realize they had signed Davis. So, he's definitely worth hanging on to, right? Davis isn't that young anymore.
Correction. He's not that GOOD anymore. There just might be a small glimmer of hope for Woodyard.

I wouldn't hold out much hope for Woodyard unless you're in a pretty deep league with a thin waiver wire and room to burn a roster spot. This isn't Barrett Ruud or Lawrence Timmons. Woodyard isn't a SILB and it's likely that this scheme stays in place for at least one full season and likely longer. I think, best case scenario, you've got a guy like Leon Williams or Stephen Nicholas right now. If Davis can't handle the job, Boss Bailey is a better fit for the other inside spot, as is Spencer Larsen.

SproutDaddy said:
So, who exactly are the starters at LB for the new scheme?
By the end of minicamp, it was Elvis Dumervil and Darrell Reid outside and Andra Davis inside, with Woodyard filling in for DJ Williams (rehabbing after rotator cuff surgery) at the other inside position. Jarvis Moss and Tim Crowder were also taking snaps at outside linebacker.

SproutDaddy said:
So, who exactly are the starters at LB for the new scheme?
By the end of minicamp, it was Elvis Dumervil and Darrell Reid outside and Andra Davis inside, with Woodyard filling in for DJ Williams (rehabbing after rotator cuff surgery) at the other inside position. Jarvis Moss and Tim Crowder were also taking snaps at outside linebacker.
Maybe an injury fill in. I have DJ Williams so I'll hang on to Woodyard for the time being.

Where does Nate Webster fit into the mix? I have he and Woodyard on the same squad I'm talking about. Guess I should drop one during my rookie draft tomorrow. Looks like Webster might be the one.

Where does Nate Webster fit into the mix? I have he and Woodyard on the same squad I'm talking about. Guess I should drop one during my rookie draft tomorrow. Looks like Webster might be the one.
Webster is still a free agent, I believe. Doubt the Broncos have much interest in bringing him back and he's unlikely to find a high leverage job at this juncture of his career. Woodyard has three down talent, should he get an opportunity again. He's a much better keeper than Webster at this stage.

Users who are viewing this thread