Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Tiger Woods

So your "research" revealed nothing. Thats what I thought.

Phil Turned Pro in 1991. You would figure a historically important golfer such as himself would have finished first on the tour at least once, no? In 18 years of golfing this historical golfer has finished 2nd on the tour 3 times. His numbers are good. I just made a statement that he's not "historical". In a 3 year span Vijay finished 2nd 1st 2nd.

Couldn't confirm the amount before today's 2nd round, so I'll gracefully let Fin off the hook. It looks like he'll take enough of a beating as it is..

You think this was just like an open offer to anyone on the webs? Like you could just jump in without my confirmation and you're money would be good here? I'd have to confirm any bets.

I'm honestly not liking my chances but there's a decent chance we;ll see Tiger burying his 5 iron into the rough.

Which is taking more miles off the odometer, this guy or Fin's massive backpedaling effort in here? Guy is putting on a clinic.
Sorry Oat, we're not on. I only cleared one bet and that was with PizzaDeliveryGuy. Figured if I wanted to see anyone get lucky it should be the guy driving pies around for a living.

:coffee:

Never thought you'd pull a Chase here.
I'm just hoping we won't have to fire up one of these for Fin.

Phil Turned Pro in 1991. You would figure a historically important golfer such as himself would have finished first on the tour at least once, no? In 18 years of golfing this historical golfer has finished 2nd on the tour 3 times. His numbers are good. I just made a statement that he's not "historical". In a 3 year span Vijay finished 2nd 1st 2nd.
Well, Tiger is FINISHED now....so Phil should reel off 5-6 straight years of a #1 ranking. Its comin.

If Jack Nicklaus played in the Tiger era, what kind of impact do you think that would have had on his legacy?

I'm just hoping we won't have to fire up one of these for Fin.

That's not going to happen. Even though I'm poor and split my time between 7-11 and Burger King I should be able to make the payment. Unlike LHUCKS, the corporate big baller who travels extensively and has lived in most of the world's major financial/cultural hubs.

If Jack Nicklaus played in the Tiger era, what kind of impact do you think that would have had on his legacy?
A huge one. But if Phil was as dominant as Nicklaus he would have been the perennial runner-up, no? He's been a runner up 3 times in nearly 2 decades. I don't see that as historically significant. Good? yes. Historical? Absolutely not. I just pointed out Vijay accomplished more in a 3 year period right in the heart of Tiger's dominance ;)

A huge one. But if Phil was as dominant as Nicklaus he would have been the perennial runner-up, no? He's been a runner up 3 times in nearly 2 decades. I don't see that as historically significant. Good? yes. Historical? Absolutely not. I just pointed out Vijay accomplished more in a 3 year period right in the heart of Tiger's dominance ;)
Anyone?

A huge one. But if Phil was as dominant as Nicklaus he would have been the perennial runner-up, no? He's been a runner up 3 times in nearly 2 decades. I don't see that as historically significant. Good? yes. Historical? Absolutely not. I just pointed out Vijay accomplished more in a 3 year period right in the heart of Tiger's dominance :goodposting:
Anyone?
Not sure what you are looking for here...Are you talking about the top money earners per year?Phil has more wins and top 5's than Vijay in 25 less startsThey both have 3 majors...Phil has 18 top 5's in majorsVijay has 9 top 5's

Not sure what you are looking for here...Are you talking about the top money earners per year?Phil has more wins and top 5's than Vijay in 25 less startsThey both have 3 majors...Phil has 18 top 5's in majorsVijay has 9 top 5's

I was talking year end rankings.Tiger -8:Checkspaypalbalance::thumbup:

I was talking year end rankings.Tiger -8:Checkspaypalbalance::thumbup:
Year End Rankings is a little sketchy..There is the fedex cup rankings (Which havent been around for long at all)Money List Rankings (Which are flawed cause not everyone plays PGA tour events all year and people dont play the same amount)World Golf Rankings (Which have nothing to do with your yearly stats)Vijay is like the Samuel L Jackson of golf...dude plays any and all tournies looking for a paycheck. Tiger plays in 15 events all year usually.

Couldn't confirm the amount before today's 2nd round, so I'll gracefully let Fin off the hook. It looks like he'll take enough of a beating as it is..

You think this was just like an open offer to anyone on the webs? Like you could just jump in without my confirmation and you're money would be good here? I'd have to confirm any bets.

I'm honestly not liking my chances but there's a decent chance we;ll see Tiger burying his 5 iron into the rough.

Which is taking more miles off the odometer, this guy or Fin's massive backpedaling effort in here? Guy is putting on a clinic.
Sorry Oat, we're not on. I only cleared one bet and that was with PizzaDeliveryGuy. Figured if I wanted to see anyone get lucky it should be the guy driving pies around for a living.

:thumbup:

Fin redefining backing down in here.

Seriously also love the Fin redirect attempts in here. God if I were him, I'd also want this thread to be about Phil, or pretty much anything other than Tiger. Jesus this is bloodier than a virgin on prom night.

Fin redefining backing down in here.
Hey, at least he's showing a lot of character.

Tiger Woods- 248 evets, 70 wins.....28.2%

Jack Nicklaus- 594 events, 73 wins....12.3%

Phil Mickelon- 327 events, 36 wins....11%

Arnold Palmer- 734 events, 62 wins....8.4%

Tom Watson- 595 events, 39 wins....6.6%

Granted, the percentages come down as you play into your 50's and 60's....but nah, Phil is nowhere near as prolific a golfer as some of the all time greats. Get a clue guy.

Get a clue? Is this a list of the best winning percentages ever or did you just decide to grab a few popular names? I think you may have left a few people out of the mix, guy.
Who else would you like to see? These are widely considered some of the greatest golfers of all time...

Anyone who has a winning percentage better than Arnold Palmer is doing pretty well...wouldnt you say?

What kind of numbers did you uncover in you research? Anybody on tour today you would like me to look up?

Vijay? 8%

Sergio? 3.7%

Paul Casey? 1.2%

Who else would you like me to give you? Its not really even close. He is easily the second best player on tour. You just seem to have zero knowledge about the game of golf.

Knowledge about the game? Like sitting around watching golf all weekend? Subscribing to golf digest? I just asked a question. PizzaDeliveryGuy answered it like a normal person would answer a question. You're getting all fired up. Was thinking of starting a Phil Mickelson is overrated or is a choker thread but it probably already exists.

I never said I was a golf genius. I just really got back into it this year. I like to play golf. I don't generally sit home and watch it. If you're ever in my neck of the woods and have a couple thousand handy, look me up.

F'n A :thumbdown:

Is this how you play FF too? Bring that FF Index mag to the draft and :goodposting: .

Knowledge about the game? Like sitting around watching golf all weekend? Subscribing to golf digest? I just asked a question. PizzaDeliveryGuy answered it like a normal person would answer a question. You're getting all fired up. Was thinking of starting a Phil Mickelson is overrated or is a choker thread but it probably already exists.

I never said I was a golf genius. I just really got back into it this year. I like to play golf. I don't generally sit home and watch it. If you're ever in my neck of the woods and have a couple thousand handy, look me up.

F'n A :thumbdown:

Is this how you play FF too? Bring that FF Index mag to the draft and :goodposting: .

Ned, I was referring to him not me. I've never had a golf magazine in my life. I let my clubs do the talking.

So Rory McIlroy is walking into the clubhouse earlier, and the TNT announcers are talking about what a young talent he is...

Then his 16 year old girlfriend with large breasts comes into the shot and they started stammering over their words and chuckling while saying, "yeah talent".

F'n A :lmao:

Is this how you play FF too? Bring that FF Index mag to the draft and :thumbup: .

Ned, I was referring to him not me. I've never had a golf magazine in my life. I let my clubs do the talking.
Gotcha.

If you're ever in the Philly area, lets hook up for 18. I'd love to hear what your clubs have to say.

Gotcha.

If you're ever in the Philly area, lets hook up for 18. I'd love to hear what your clubs have to say.

Don't forget to bring your roll.

He's done. He'll be competitive but he lost the fear factor. Looks like The Gold Bear might be out of the woods.

This is what happens when the mods misses one in their daily sweeps for the Finless landmines.
What? 10 pages of glory?

He's done. He'll be competitive but he lost the fear factor. Looks like The Gold Bear might be out of the woods.

This is what happens when the mods miss one in their daily sweeps for Finless landmines.
What? 10 pages of glory?
Good hustlers make the big bets swhen they're in a slum. :kicksrock:Pie boy doesn't stand a chance. Edited by C P 3 O

STRAIGHT UP!!!!!!

:X
Okay, I'm in for a c-note. My credit should be good here. Are you sure you want to walk down this road on a pizza delivery guy's salary?

:pickle:

Lots of drama and suspense today.

On the links I mean, there always is in the FFA.

:kicksrock:

I've never understood how people can be such avid fans of a single person in an individual sport. This goes for tennis too.

Wouldn't it make more sense to say...

I've never understood how people can be such avid fans of a single person in a TEAM sport.

After all you are a fan of a team, not a player. But in an individual sport all you have is the individual. Your post seems backwards.