Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Tiger Woods

I've never understood how people can be such avid fans of a single person in an individual sport. This goes for tennis too.

Wouldn't it make more sense to say...

I've never understood how people can be such avid fans of a single person in a TEAM sport.

After all you are a fan of a team, not a player. But in an individual sport all you have is the individual. Your post seems backwards.

I just don't understand why someone is a fan of Tiger Woods (substitute any name you want here) and not anyone else. Maybe it's because I'm not a huge PGA fan, but I'm a tennis fan and I don't really have a favorite. Sure I have guys that I cheer for (fun to watch, seems like a nice guy, underdog, whatever), but I can't understand how someone can be a die-hard fan of Tiger Woods or Roger Federer or Jeff Gordon, for example. Maybe I'm just weird. Edited by Steve Tasker

I've never understood how people can be such avid fans of a single person in an individual sport. This goes for tennis too.

I've never understood how people can be such avid fans of a single person in a TEAM sport.

After all you are a fan of a team, not a player. But in an individual sport all you have is the individual. Your post seems backwards.

I just don't understand why someone is a fan of Tiger Woods (substitute any name you want here) and not anyone else. Maybe it's because I'm not a huge PGA fan, but I'm a tennis fan and I don't really have a favorite. Sure I have guys that I cheer for (fun to watch, seems like a nice guy, underdog, whatever), but I can't understand how someone can be a die-hard fan of Tiger Woods or Roger Federer or Jeff Gordon, for example. Maybe I'm just weird.
My grandpa was the super at cypress golf course, Tiger's home course growing up. Tiger was always super respectfull and nice to my grandpa and signed several dozen pictures over the years. If you treat my grandpa right, then I'm a fan for life. This list also includes Jeter, Petite, and the Rocket. :thumbup:

I just don't understand why someone is a fan of Tiger Woods (substitute any name you want here) and not anyone else. Maybe it's because I'm not a huge PGA fan, but I'm a tennis fan and I don't really have a favorite. Sure I have guys that I cheer for (fun to watch, seems like a nice guy, underdog, whatever), but I can't understand how someone can be a die-hard fan of Tiger Woods or Roger Federer or Jeff Gordon, for example. Maybe I'm just weird.
My grandpa was the super at cypress golf course, Tiger's home course growing up. Tiger was always super respectfull and nice to my grandpa and signed several dozen pictures over the years. If you treat my grandpa right, then I'm a fan for life. This list also includes Jeter, Petite, and the Rocket. :lmao:
The Rocket might still implicate your grandpa for providing an unsuspecting Clemens with steroids in Gatorade.

Or something.