What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger Woods (5 Viewers)

Have to assume they're going to dry out and speed up the greens for the weekend. Will be interesting to see. They seem to like to see lower scores early.

Talk about moving the goalposts.

No way he makes the cut, he's a loser.

...12 hours later...

We'll he's had a better round today than nearly everyone, but what about Speith huh?!?!?!

...12 hours later...

We'll he's had a better round today than nearly everyone, but what about Speith huh?!?!?!
I think the goalposts have and always have been: He will not win another major. Those goalposts have cement holding them in place.

...12 hours later...

I definitely didn't write the second line. Comma splice.

Have to assume they're going to dry out and speed up the greens for the weekend. Will be interesting to see. They seem to like to see lower scores early.
Rain in the forecast for tonight.
I guess it depends on how much, but I'm pretty sure they can get them where they want even with some rain.
if that is the case, why didn't they get them that way for yesterday and today?
No idea. Maybe they can't. Might be tougher to do at Augusta than TPC, but I know they have a lot of control over them at Sawgrass.

Tiger's only falling 3 more strokes behind this round. The dam has been plugged.
Only 3 rounds better than him today at this point. What's he supposed to do, cut Spieth's hamstring?
What he would have to do is cut the hamstring on the back of his leg right at the bottom. He'll never play golf again, because his weight displacement goes back, all his weight is on his right foot, and he'll push everything off to the right. He'll never come through on anything. He'll quit the game.

One guy at -14 and another at -10. Yet we're excited because Tiger has a shot at -3. :lol:

Tiger has been pretty money on the weekends of majors lately. :lmao:

One guy at -14 and another at -10. Yet we're excited because Tiger has a shot at -3. :lol:

Two days ago there was a glut of cool guys in here laughing that he wouldn't make the cut. Yesterday everyone backed off that. Now he's sitting in 11th place. Not exactly brutally bad.

I'm very much rooting for Tiger to do well here and be in contention all the way until the end, and then lose. Will buy at least another 12 months and 100 pages for this thread, if not more.

Two days ago there was a glut of cool guys in here laughing that he wouldn't make the cut. Yesterday everyone backed off that. Now he's sitting in 11th place. Not exactly brutally bad.
(here let me save you the bandwidth):

YEA BUT HE'S NOT IN FIRST!!!

OK. But 11th place makes it sound closer than it is. He's 11 strokes off the lead. I said it one other tournament, and I'll say it again, Friday seems to be his scoring day in the majors of late.

(here let me save you the bandwidth):

YEA BUT HE'S NOT IN FIRST!!!
Not quite, cool guy. 11 strokes off the lead.

I don't know how anyone can think it has not been a positive two days (so far) for tiger. First rounds back in a few months, a lot of pressure and he looks healthy. He's playing pretty well. He's not the Tiger of old yet but if he can stay healthy he's only going to get more comfortable out there. Will be interesting to see what he does between now and the USOpen on courses he doesn't own like he owns augusta.

Friendly wager Oat. You pick Tiger's finishing position in the Masters and I will pick the side. $100.

I'm very much rooting for Tiger to do well here and be in contention all the way until the end, and then lose. Will buy at least another 12 months and 100 pages for this thread, if not more.
I'd rather see Tiger win. Otis cashing in on that would crush a mere 12 months and a scant 100 pages.

Aside from Charlie Hoffman, the ENTIRE FIELD is 9 strokes off the lead, so 11 back is pretty good company.
Sure. If you don't want to win, it's great company.

You guys are too funny. Talk about moving the goalposts!
I never expected him to win in his first tournament back, but he's playing a hell of a lot better than he was early in the year. 2000 Tiger would have a hard time keeping up with Spieth's pace.

Aside from Charlie Hoffman, the ENTIRE FIELD is 9 strokes off the lead, so 11 back is pretty good company.
Sure. If you don't want to win, it's great company.

You guys are too funny. Talk about moving the goalposts!
I never expected him to win in his first tournament back, but he's playing a hell of a lot better than he was early in the year. 2000 Tiger would have a hard time keeping up with Spieth's pace.
I said earlier in this thread today that he was playing well. But he's not playing great. He's not even playing very good. Sure he's tied for 12th. With like 5 other guys. So that means he's in a group of 17 other guys vying for the win. Of which, two of them are clearly way out in front. On top of this, Friday has been his scoring day in majors. He shot +1 yesterday and he's -3 today. These aren't great scores.

People can be upset with me all they want, but I'm sorry you're mad at facts. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread