Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Woods 2 down with 3 to play. Good time for a sandwich.

:goodposting: Marino just missed another easy putt for eagle. This is getting interesting. Woods obviously in the hunt but most likely won't get it done again.I really don't understand why people don't embrace this? I find golf much more interesting when it's not a Tiger gimme.
  • Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You agreed to adopt 2 of my kids.  PM me your address.

Would you entertain 2 children, ethnicity and gender unknown?  

He's done. He'll be competitive but he lost the fear factor. Looks like The Gold Bear might be out of the woods.

People like to talk about what I don't know about golf. It appears I know a thing or two. Pretty sure I called out Els when he was 6 shots behind 3 days ago. He's at the top of the leader board now. Go figure :goodposting:

We heard you Mr. Golfer. When are you gonna step up and play me for real?
Why don't you use the PM portion of the website and try to set something up instead of hijacking a thread that seems to be 100% dead-on?

This is the "Tiger is done"-thread, not the "Binky is great" thread.

That accusation is flat out wrong so go back to your hole. My comment pertains to the rather lengthy discussion within this thread on Fin's golfing prowess - I'm not that good. This deals directly with the issue at hand - Fin's misplaced confidence about most things ...in this case, golf.
The only reason the thread ever turned to a discussion about Finless' golfing prowess is because someone tried to equate his golfing knowledge with his handicap. And you seem to be reiterating that 'someone's opinion because you're dwelling on a silly golf challenge. Who cares if you could beat him or not? Does it really have anything to do with this thread? Maybe Fin is full-of-#### about his handcap. Still doesn't earn Woods a major in '09.

People like to talk about what I don't know about golf. It appears I know a thing or two. Pretty sure I called out Els when he was 6 shots behind 3 days ago. He's at the top of the leader board now. Go figure :confused:

Why don't you use the PM portion of the website and try to set something up instead of hijacking a thread that seems to be 100% dead-on?

This is the "Tiger is done"-thread, not the "Binky is great" thread.

That accusation is flat out wrong so go back to your hole. My comment pertains to the rather lengthy discussion within this thread on Fin's golfing prowess - I'm not that good. This deals directly with the issue at hand - Fin's misplaced confidence about most things ...in this case, golf.
The only reason the thread ever turned to a discussion about Finless' golfing prowess is because someone tried to equate his golfing knowledge with his handicap. And you seem to be reiterating that 'someone's opinion because you're dwelling on a silly golf challenge. Who cares if you could beat him or not? Does it really have anything to do with this thread? Maybe Fin is full-of-#### about his handcap. Still doesn't earn Woods a major in '09.
I did PM Fin about this matter and place a fair bet - he backed off. I offered to allow him to adjust but he backed off that again - but yet he is continues. Yes - this is fishing, but he won't admit it for some reason. I just wanted to prove it.

The thread is fishing because I won't accept a $5,000, 10 year bet with someone over the internet named Binky? Seriously? You've taken this thread to a personal level trying to bet me about majors for Tiger which could take a decade and about gambling with ME on the course. It's a bit ridiculous. You don't even live near me, I have no idea who you are and somehow you've shown me! because I won't accept ridiculous bets through the internet. TWO WEEKS AGO I PUT MY MONEY UP AGAINST TIGER. What more do you want? Was I fishing with hundred dollar bills?

yeesh

The thread is fishing because I won't accept a $5,000, 10 year bet with someone over the internet named Binky? Seriously? You've taken this thread to a personal level trying to bet me about majors for Tiger which could take a decade and about gambling with ME on the course. It's a bit ridiculous. You don't even live near me, I have no idea who you are and somehow you've shown me! because I won't accept ridiculous bets through the internet. TWO WEEKS AGO I PUT MY MONEY UP AGAINST TIGER. What more do you want? Was I fishing with hundred dollar bills?

yeesh

Let's not exaggerate for effect. The bet wasn't for 10 years and asked you to make a fair offer of $ amount and years yet you declined. You don't bet someone based on their name? Yeah ok ..."Finless."

People like to talk about what I don't know about golf. It appears I know a thing or two. Pretty sure I called out Els when he was 6 shots behind 3 days ago. He's at the top of the leader board now. Go figure :eek:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

this Slocum guy used to a be a solid relief pitcher, no?

:eek: Anyhow I'd just like to put a few things to rest here, Bink. With the exception of wanting to drink the blood of teenagers you seem like a good guy and I don't want to have to go on continuing to own you in this thread. (Holy missed putt by tiger there....ooof) Anyhow, two weeks ago I offered up a bet, the field vs. Tiger. Even though I was due odds I offered the bet straight up. You didn't accept and I had to take the bet with Pizzahutguy, who immediately paid I might add. Anyhow, I'd appreciate it if we could just keep the discussion to Tiger. Lets not use ridiculous bets offered over the internet as a way to prove something. It proves nothing. The only proof I've seen recently is Tiger lagging behind the leader and a year gone by without a major. What more proof do we need? he just missed another simple putt that could have potentially given him the win.

:goodposting: Anyhow I'd just like to put a few things to rest here, Bink. With the exception of wanting to drink the blood of teenagers you seem like a good guy and I don't want to have to go on continuing to own you in this thread. (Holy missed putt by tiger there....ooof) Anyhow, two weeks ago I offered up a bet, the field vs. Tiger. Even though I was due odds I offered the bet straight up. You didn't accept and I had to take the bet with Pizzahutguy, who immediately paid I might add. Anyhow, I'd appreciate it if we could just keep the discussion to Tiger. Lets not use ridiculous bets offered over the internet as a way to prove something. It proves nothing. The only proof I've seen recently is Tiger lagging behind the leader and a year gone by without a major. What more proof do we need? he just missed another simple putt that could have potentially given him the win.
are you always this dramatic?

:goodposting: Anyhow I'd just like to put a few things to rest here, Bink. With the exception of wanting to drink the blood of teenagers you seem like a good guy and I don't want to have to go on continuing to own you in this thread. (Holy missed putt by tiger there....ooof) Anyhow, two weeks ago I offered up a bet, the field vs. Tiger. Even though I was due odds I offered the bet straight up. You didn't accept and I had to take the bet with Pizzahutguy, who immediately paid I might add. Anyhow, I'd appreciate it if we could just keep the discussion to Tiger. Lets not use ridiculous bets offered over the internet as a way to prove something. It proves nothing. The only proof I've seen recently is Tiger lagging behind the leader and a year gone by without a major. What more proof do we need? he just missed another simple putt that could have potentially given him the win.
I feel like I'm back in the courtroom for Christ's sake.

8 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 1 Anonymous Users)

7 Members: Oh Yes!, None_More_Black, Binky The Doormat, identikit, lod01, wazoo11, The Dreaded Marco

:goodposting: Edited by Oh Yes!

That approach was okay if you like birdie opportunities.

...and you were saying?:goodposting:
Another week, another disappointment.Loss to Yang, now a loss to Slocum. What's next? A loss to Mickelson?
Someone has to ask: "Where do we go from here, Tiger?" Would be a defining moment in sports journalism.

A week or so ago, I thought that Woods was still playing great golf, but couldn't seal the deal in majors by simply imtimidating the other Sunday leaderboard golfers anymore. Now it looks like it's trickling down into the piddly-tournaments, too.

Anyone else have the feeling he may be parting ways with Mr Williams soon? I think that firing the caddy will distract the media and golf fans from the real issues this offseason.

this is considered a piddly tournament? I thought it was the playoffs or something.

For future reference:If Tiger wins a non-major, it's practically an equal-in-importance to any of the majors.If Tiger loses a non-major, it's a non-important tournament.

this is considered a piddly tournament? I thought it was the playoffs or something.

Forget it man. The guy has zero knowledge of what he is talking about and may in fact be borderline mentally handicapped.
Your insults in this thread every time Woods blows another tourny are the equivalent of Tiger throwing his club after a bad shot. You're not representing yourself well.If I were you, I'd just stay out of this thread until Woods wins another major. Then jump up and down and have your revenge. But this coming in here bitter and frustrated and pulling the he-doesn't-know-anything-about-golf card again and again (or calling someone mentally handicapped. LOL) is really weak. Makes you seem like a bad sport with anger management issues. Just leave the thread, pizza boy. You're looking bad. :coffee:

Anyhow I'd just like to put a few things to rest here, Bink. With the exception of wanting to drink the blood of teenagers you seem like a good guy and I don't want to have to go on continuing to own you in this thread. (Holy missed putt by tiger there....ooof) Anyhow, two weeks ago I offered up a bet, the field vs. Tiger. Even though I was due odds I offered the bet straight up. You didn't accept and I had to take the bet with Pizzahutguy, who immediately paid I might add. Anyhow, I'd appreciate it if we could just keep the discussion to Tiger. Lets not use ridiculous bets offered over the internet as a way to prove something. It proves nothing. The only proof I've seen recently is Tiger lagging behind the leader and a year gone by without a major. What more proof do we need? he just missed another simple putt that could have potentially given him the win.

I feel like I'm back in the courtroom for Christ's sake.

You last comment certainly sheds some light here.

I am good with putting things to rest here, but not with the cheshire grinning, knife-in-the-back offer above. You lead people to believe you made an offer to me that I backed out on - simply not true. You then imply that I wouldn't pay.

I make this offering. If the good counselor will agree to the following statements I think we can wrap this up.

The basis of this thread is your premise that Tiger has lost something and he won't beat Jack's major record. It is not whether Tiger will win in any particular current week.

You are uncomfortable enough with the length of time it take to prove your premise (or any reasonable amount of time) that you will not back it up with a bet specifically supporting your premise.

You know that I know, that you know that I know - that this is a very sucessful fishing trip. Congrats.

You are fishing.

Forget it man. The guy has zero knowledge of what he is talking about and may in fact be borderline mentally handicapped.
Your insults in this thread every time Woods blows another tourny are the equivalent of Tiger throwing his club after a bad shot. You're not representing yourself well.If I were you, I'd just stay out of this thread until Woods wins another major. Then jump up and down and have your revenge. But this coming in here bitter and frustrated and pulling the he-doesn't-know-anything-about-golf card again and again (or calling someone mentally handicapped. LOL) is really weak. Makes you seem like a bad sport with anger management issues. Just leave the thread, pizza boy. You're looking bad. :coffee:
This is some real bad shtick.

Agreed. The guy is very tiresome.

Shtick? Calling out a guy for namecalling and insults? Nah, I've done that since Gore invented the innerwebs. Always found it to be a guy's last resort in a debate. The ultimate point of frustration. I've somehow managed to go 8 pages here without questioning anyone's golf-knowledge or calling them mentally challenged. I think we all can. :shrug:

Shtick? Calling out a guy for namecalling and insults? Nah, I've done that since Gore invented the innerwebs. Always found it to be a guy's last resort in a debate. The ultimate point of frustration. I've somehow managed to go 8 pages here without questioning anyone's golf-knowledge or calling them mentally challenged. I think we all can. :hot:

Well if isn't shtick then you deserve all the insults you have earned in this thread.

Your insults in this thread every time Woods blows another tourny are the equivalent of Tiger throwing his club after a bad shot. You're not representing yourself well.If I were you, I'd just stay out of this thread until Woods wins another major. Then jump up and down and have your revenge. But this coming in here bitter and frustrated and pulling the he-doesn't-know-anything-about-golf card again and again (or calling someone mentally handicapped. LOL) is really weak. Makes you seem like a bad sport with anger management issues. Just leave the thread, pizza boy. You're looking bad. :hot:
Agreed. The guy is very tiresome.
Shocking! Drummer, PizzaDeliveryGuy, and Binky (all major Woods-lovers) find me tiresome (obviously not a woods-lover).I'm sure I'll find you guys 'tiresome' when Woods finally wins again and you're all here pounding your chests. ;)

Your insults in this thread every time Woods blows another tourny are the equivalent of Tiger throwing his club after a bad shot. You're not representing yourself well.If I were you, I'd just stay out of this thread until Woods wins another major. Then jump up and down and have your revenge. But this coming in here bitter and frustrated and pulling the he-doesn't-know-anything-about-golf card again and again (or calling someone mentally handicapped. LOL) is really weak. Makes you seem like a bad sport with anger management issues. Just leave the thread, pizza boy. You're looking bad. :hot:
I'm sorry. I shouldn't insult you. You honestly have no clue but the insult was a bit too much. I would like to offer you easy money as an apology. Since Tiger is finished I guess I will take him to win the Fedex Cup for say $100 . You in?

Shocking! Drummer, PizzaDeliveryGuy, and Binky (all major Woods-lovers) find me tiresome (obviously not a woods-lover).I'm sure I'll find you guys 'tiresome' when Woods finally wins again and you're all here pounding your chests. :hot:

I'm a Harrington fan.

Binky once again the bet offered was about Tiger breaking the Bear's record. That could potentially, if it happens, take another 15 years. That's too long. I'd rather take my odds from tournament to tournament and win money betting against Woods. I'm not sure where you are even coming from. You offered this decade long+ bet and somehow me turning it down means I'm fishing :blackdot:

The premise of this thread is that Tiger has lost a step. The Nicholson record was obviously just a toss in. How many times has it been brought up since the original post? Does it not appear Tiger has lost a step?

Binky once again the bet offered was about Tiger breaking the Bear's record. That could potentially, if it happens, take another 15 years. That's too long. I'd rather take my odds from tournament to tournament and win money betting against Woods. I'm not sure where you are even coming from. You offered this decade long+ bet and somehow me turning it down means I'm fishing :blackdot:

The premise of this thread is that Tiger has lost a step. The Nicholson record was obviously just a toss in. How many times has it been brought up since the original post? Does it not appear Tiger has lost a step?

:doh:

Binky once again the bet offered was about Tiger breaking the Bear's record. That could potentially, if it happens, take another 15 years. That's too long. I'd rather take my odds from tournament to tournament and win money betting against Woods. I'm not sure where you are even coming from. You offered this decade long+ bet and somehow me turning it down means I'm fishing :goodposting:

:moneybag:
Don't stop him. He's on a roll.