What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger Woods (4 Viewers)

Haven't paid that close attention to his performances this year but it has obviously encouraging. But isn't this Tiger's worst tournament so far?
He missed the cut at Riviera 6 weeks ago, which has historically been a course he doesn't play well at.

seems to me like there is no fear factor with tiger anymore the young guys seem like they have caught up and passed him and as they are getting better with every breaking wave of new golfers he is getting older they dont care about a tiger charge because they are making fowler chargers and speith charges and so on hes just another guy it seems take that to the bank brohans 

seems to me like there is no fear factor with tiger anymore the young guys seem like they have caught up and passed him and as they are getting better with every breaking wave of new golfers he is getting older they dont care about a tiger charge because they are making fowler chargers and speith charges and so on hes just another guy it seems take that to the bank brohans 
You need to talk about the gold bear too brohans

did you see his caddy grand son hit a hole in one during the pre masters festivities it was pretty aswesome take that to the bank brochacharino

Yeah I suppose. I guess I meant as he continues to play he’s going to keep moving up. 

There’s movement all the time. If the 9th ranked golfer takes a week off he may drop to 10th or 11th depending on what people do behind him. I don’t really consider that player as “dropping” nor do I follow the WGR that closely on a week to week basis. 

Yeah I suppose. I guess I meant as he continues to play he’s going to keep moving up. 

There’s movement all the time. If the 9th ranked golfer takes a week off he may drop to 10th or 11th depending on what people do behind him. I don’t really consider that player as “dropping” nor do I follow the WGR that closely on a week to week basis. 
Last week I was of opinion he would have a hard time cracking 50, but given his schedule and things he would have a hard time not cracking top50 if he simply can stay healthy and make cuts like last week.

People don’t realize there’s really only about 15 or 20 golfers that consistently compete for top tens on tour.  The guys ranked in the 40s and 50s are not winning many tournaments. 

JAG.  Sad but true.  He’ll win again.  But the real bet is Snead.  Not Jack. 

He’s old and has a Darth Vader back.  It’s over people.  There are 25 guys as good or better.  

One more major would be epic.  

On a side note, had the chance to spend an hour at the Jack Nicklaus museum in Columbus, OH this afternoon (killing time between Infinity Wars and a graduation party).

Jack was such an incredibly talented golfer and a wonderful man in so many respects.

Carry on.

- watches Spieth use gap wedge which clears water by 2 feet

- tries exact same shot with sand wedge

- glug glug glug
Yeah.  I'm sure he doesn't know the distance his sand wedge travels.  I'm sure the wind switching had nothing to do with it.   :lmao:

Guy hit a 200 yard 9 iron yesterday.  Pretty sure he can send his sand wedge 130.

- glug glug glug
Yeah.  I'm sure he doesn't know the distance his sand wedge travels.  I'm sure the wind switching had nothing to do with it.   :lmao:

Guy hit a 200 yard 9 iron yesterday.  Pretty sure he can send his sand wedge 130.
The wind "switched" by maybe 2mph and he was at least 5 feet short of the green. That match doesn't add up.

The wind "switched" by maybe 2mph and he was at least 5 feet short of the green. That match doesn't add up.
Sorry.  Didn't realize you knew so much about the physics of Tiger's golf swing.  Please show your work, including his shot apex, wind effect on the spin rate, etc. so that I can be enlightened too.  Or just admit that you hate Tiger irrationally and were looking for any excuse to make fun of him, despite the fact that even with that double bogey he still kicked Speith's ### today.

Sorry.  Didn't realize you knew so much about the physics of Tiger's golf swing.  Please show your work, including his shot apex, wind effect on the spin rate, etc. so that I can be enlightened too.  Or just admit that you hate Tiger irrationally and were looking for any excuse to make fun of him, despite the fact that even with that double bogey he still kicked Speith's ### today.
:unsure:

Lighten up, Francis. I was rooting for Tiger today. He just let his ego take control because he wanted the crowd to oooh and ahhh like they did for Spieth.

Here is a wind chart

The 17th is 132 yards. A 2mph differential equals 1.5 yards, and that's assuming that there is a constant wind for the entire duration of the shot, which is not the case for that particular hole.

That club wasn't getting the ball to the hole unless the wind suddenly gusted at least 4 mph, which obviously wasn't going to happen.

Lighten up, Francis. I was rooting for Tiger today. He just let his ego take control because he wanted the crowd to oooh and ahhh like they did for Spieth.

Here is a wind chart

The 17th is 132 yards. A 2mph differential equals 1.5 yards, and that's assuming that there is a constant wind for the entire duration of the shot, which is not the case for that particular hole.

That club wasn't getting the ball to the hole unless the wind suddenly gusted at least 4 mph, which obviously wasn't going to happen.
I was being a bit of a ####, so I apologize.  The 1/4 bottle of whiskey this afternoon might be to blame.

Anyway, that chart is an estimation, Plus it was a 2-3 mph wind that was at his back.  If it switched to his face that's a 5-6 mph change.  Even according to that wildly inaccurate chart that doesn't take spin rate or shot height into effect, that'd still be nearly 4 yards.  He was 5 feet short of the pier and there was a 3-4 yard landing spot on that green.  Very easy for that wind to change his shot like that.  I'd trust someone who's hit 1000 sand wedges in the last month on his judgement of his distance control over internet sleuths any day.

Should he have taken the safe play towards the middle of the green?  Yes, if he was leading.  He wasn't and needed that birdie.  Sometimes golf does that to you.

Tiger is back, despite what excuses the Tiger haters will conjure up...just a matter of time until that next major.
he might win one more.  he certainly is going to win a couple of golf tournaments.  but back?  to what?  dominating the tour?  nope.  he'll never even sniff #1 again.

It has now been a decade since tiger has won a major golf tournament.

Last edited by a moderator:

- glug glug glug
130 yd shot, only needs to carry 115 yards.   

if necessary i can hit my sand wedge  115 in the air-  i'm a 7 handicap.             Its not even hard for a pro to do that.      He just didn't hit it pure and the wind pushed it a bit.   

Tiger is back, despite what excuses the Tiger haters will conjure up...just a matter of time until that next major.
with the game he showed yesterday creating 182MPH of ball speed on laser straight drives, i think its just a matter of time before he wins multiple tournaments.   The guy is a freak physically and mentally.    Unbelievable what he did this weekend

Last edited by a moderator:
he might win one more.  he certainly is going to win a couple of golf tournaments.  but back?  to what?  dominating the tour?  nope.  he'll never even sniff #1 again.

It has now been a decade since tiger has won a major golf tournament.
It depends.  If he continues to drive the ball like he did this weekend, he'll start dominating again.  Even when he was dominating he never hit 75% of the fairways.  He was doing that while hitting 350+ yard drives this weekend.  I have doubts that he can do it consistently, but if he can.. watch out.

It depends.  If he continues to drive the ball like he did this weekend, he'll start dominating again.  Even when he was dominating he never hit 75% of the fairways.  He was doing that while hitting 350+ yard drives this weekend.  I have doubts that he can do it consistently, but if he can.. watch out.
No one can dominate the PGA tour anymore.  There are way too many elite players.  

It sounds like, even amongst the optimistic Tiger fans, what most are basically saying is:

He's done. He'll be competitive but he lost the fear factor.

NotSmart said:
It sounds like, even amongst the optimistic Tiger fans, what most are basically saying is:

He's done. He'll be competitive but he lost the fear factor.
The fear factor is gone but it is good to see him playing so well after all he has been through.  Granted, he brought some of the misery on himself, but it would be great to see him win again.  It is tough not to root for him.  He seems to be in a good place and is enjoying playing golf. 

tommyboy said:
130 yd shot, only needs to carry 115 yards.   

if necessary i can hit my sand wedge  115 in the air-  i'm a 7 handicap.             Its not even hard for a pro to do that.      He just didn't hit it pure and the wind pushed it a bit.   
It was not a 115 carry.  He hit it 115 and it landed in the water.  He hit the wrong club.  It happens.

Users who are viewing this thread