What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger Woods (1 Viewer)

The line now seems to be golfers who post in the golf thread who watch golf every week...and see something different in Tigers game...vs...those who don’t and don’t.

He’s Top 50 without winning, but if he wins one tournament, he’s Top 10.  Just takes one...don’t doubt he could do it because he’s been close.

Last edited by a moderator:
-1 through 2.  Tiger is going low today and providing a much needed boost into the summertime sports blues.  The course is defenseless and sets up perfectly for his game right now.  This is his best chance folks.

-1 through 2.  Tiger is going low today and providing a much needed boost into the summertime sports blues.  The course is defenseless and sets up perfectly for his game right now.  This is his best chance folks.
let's see, if the weather forecast is accurate for tomorrow he seems like he is on the wrong side of the draw.

I was hearing this morning that the course was "like concrete" and that guys were hitting short irons 250 yards.  Does that set up perfectly for his game right now?

It allows him to avoid driver which is the club that gives him the most trouble.
I thought lately that it's been his putter than give him the most trouble.  Seems like a fast course might make it hard to get close.  But I guess if you're reaching everything in 2 with a wedge, that would ameliorate those concerns.  I don't really know.

I thought lately that it's been his putter than give him the most trouble.  Seems like a fast course might make it hard to get close.  But I guess if you're reaching everything in 2 with a wedge, that would ameliorate those concerns.  I don't really know.
The fairways are fast, the greens are relatively slow.

he's a ####.  whatever.  i don't like him.  i get that has nothing to do with him being the GOAT (which he is IMO)
I  didn't say it had anything to do with his status as a player, and I didn't say you're not entitled to your opinion.  I said I personally give him slack because people nit-pick the guy's behavior to death, and I used that short video that wrongly makes people think he didn't sign autographs for fans yesterday as an example.

I  didn't say it had anything to do with his status as a player, and I didn't say you're not entitled to your opinion.  I said I personally give him slack because people nit-pick the guy's behavior to death, and I used that short video that wrongly makes people think he didn't sign autographs for fans yesterday as an example.
never suggested that he doesn't sign autographs.  but the way he just brushes those kids aside is a #### move IMO.  they are like 7 years old for #### sakes.

and LOL at "nit pick".  he's been an ####### his entire life and has done dbag thing after dbag thing.  he's just not likeable at all.

never suggested that he doesn't sign autographs.  but the way he just brushes those kids aside is a #### move IMO.  they are like 7 years old for #### sakes.

and LOL at "nit pick".  he's been an ####### his entire life and has done dbag thing after dbag thing.  he's just not likeable at all.
It looks like he says something to them and then walks past them while placing a hand on one of their shoulders. If he's still signing autographs for fans and just didn't want to do it at that exact place and time I really don't see the problem there at all.

Again, you're welcome to your opinion of his character.  Seems like he's been kind of a ##### for most of his playing career to me too ... although he does seem like a different (better) guy since returning to the game. But criticizing someone for not signing autographs and walking past kids in a 9 second video without context or audio is definitely a nit pick.

He is walking to 1 tee during that clip and literally tees off 5 mins later. Not sure what else he could have done, the dude is there for a tournament and does need to practice. As mentioned above, if he didn't spend plenty of time shortly before that clip signing autographs then maybe I see your point. But that is a bad take.

How many autographs did he sign before that clip?  Should he be forced to stay out there all day until everyone who asks gets an autograph?

This is one of the dumbest criticisms I've ever seen.

TGR Foundation was established in 1996 by Tiger Woods and his father, Earl Woods, to create and support community-based programs that improve the health, education, and welfare of all children in America. Currently, the foundation has established several programs and events such as the TGR Learning Labs, Hero World Challenge, Genesis Open, The National, and Tiger Jam which all benefit and impact the lives of millions of children.

The Tiger Woods Foundation is about empowering minorities, especially underprivileged minority students. The TGRF’s goal is for these students to be given the support and resources needed to be successful in school and beyond. In over the 20 years that this foundation has been opened they have served more than 175,000 students, as well as employing 1,000 educators each year. The foundation has been so successful due to its goal of “developing self-advocacy skills in young people,” that their students have a 98.7% college graduation rate, which is one of the highest graduation rates of a scholarship program in the country.

One of the greatest things about this foundation is that Tiger Woods created this program because he saw a hole in the society that he wanted to fill. He created this foundation because “I wanted a permanent, safe space for kids to explore their dreams” -Tiger Woods. He founded this program to help impoverished children and young adults, and in the past 22 years of it being opened, he has exceeded all expectations of this foundation.
What a jerk.

Do we know him well enough to make these personal judgements/calls?

He is walking to 1 tee during that clip and literally tees off 5 mins later. Not sure what else he could have done, the dude is there for a tournament and does need to practice. As mentioned above, if he didn't spend plenty of time shortly before that clip signing autographs then maybe I see your point. But that is a bad take.
I'm not sure either of those videos are from today. I'd be shocked if he was signing autographs for a group of people before his Rd 

Tiger was asked about this incident.  He said he signed autographs on the way to the range and the clip was as was headed to the 10th tee to play a practice round with Jason Duffner.

:lol:  

Isn't golf one of the most mental sports there is? Can't blame a guy for wanting to stay in the zone and avoid distractions during the round.

:lol:  
Pre practice round.  But whatever. Bit of a nitpick.  Fair enough. 

Just heard Tiger has had btw 218-250 for second #### in on the back nine so far this week because he is laying so far back off the tee.  He just won’t hitnit close enough to put himself in realistic contention to win.  Will likely top 20.  Which is the new measure of success for him now.  

Pull the driver and give yourself a chance Tiger.  This gen ain’t coming back to you...

edit: 220 in on 18. Other guys hitting short irons.  But he hits it to 8 feet with four iron.  Awesome shot.  

I bet tiger starts tomorrow the same number of strokes back that he started today.  One the leaders is shooting 64.  This course is defenceless 

Is there a way to stream the broacast coverage?  On theopen.com all I can find are highlights, featured group (not Tiger!), or holes 8-10.

ETA: Nevermind, found it on NBC's website.

Users who are viewing this thread