Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You agreed to adopt 2 of my kids.  PM me your address.

Would you entertain 2 children, ethnicity and gender unknown?  

He's done. He'll be competitive but he lost the fear factor. Looks like The Gold Bear might be out of the woods.

2 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

As a Tottenham fan you should be familiar with it - it’s usually the team just ahead of you in the table.

So, we are going with - top-3?

3 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

So, we are going with - top-3?

Just stop - he’s in the hunt and you know it.  He’s 3 back - maybe ends up 5-6 back.  If he shot another 66 tomorrow he’s top-5 or 10.  That’s “in the hunt”.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Just stop - he’s in the hunt and you know it.  He’s 3 back - maybe ends up 5-6 back.  If he shot another 66 tomorrow he’s top-5 or 10.  That’s “in the hunt”.

I do not think he is in the hunt right now.

But, it was a genuine question about what constitutes "being in the hunt" - how many strokes back and/or how many golfers to pass.

Certainly, golfers can come from way back on a Sunday to win - but that is more the exception than the rule, I think.  I would love to know what the average Saturday position is for the winners on tour.

I would not consider 5 strokes and 10+ golfers to pass to be in the hunt - that combination seems tough to break through.

1 hour ago, Sinn Fein said:

But, it was a genuine question about what constitutes "being in the hunt" - how many strokes back and/or how many golfers to pass.

Certainly, golfers can come from way back on a Sunday to win - but that is more the exception than the rule, I think.  I would love to know what the average Saturday position is for the winners on tour.

I would not consider 5 strokes and 10+ golfers to pass to be in the hunt - that combination seems tough to break through.

Anything within 6 after Saturday round is in the hunt, for any tournament ever

Edited by tommyboy
  • Like 1

Last 2 winners at Carnoustie were 10 shots and 6 shots back entering Sunday.

He's 4 back tied for 6th.

I'll let you decide.

Edited by Thomas The Skank Engine
  • Like 3

All this is doing is delaying Otis paying off his bet for another bunch of years.

Otis:  "don't forget when Tiger got a top 10 in the 2018 british open.  I know that was 15 years ago but he's still only 57 and needs just 4 titles to tie the gold bear from the pac 10"

• Like 7
1 hour ago, tommyboy said:

Anything within 6 after Saturday round is in the hunt, for any tournament ever

yeah - not buying that.

Through 25 PGA events this year - the winner of the tournament was an average of 1 stroke back after 3 rounds.

15 led, or shared the lead after 3

2 were 1-shot back

4 were 2-shots back

2 were 3 shots back

1 was 4 shots back

1 was 5 shots back

That averages out to exactly 1 stroke back for the winner.

So, being 6 strokes back - is definitely not "in the hunt"

And at the two majors, the winner was also leading after 3.

Tiger is 4 shots out of the lead - he is not in the hunt right now.  If he can claw back to 2 shots - then he is in the hunt.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Sinn Fein said:

yeah - not buying that.

Through 25 PGA events this year - the winner of the tournament was an average of 1 stroke back after 3 rounds.

2 were 1-shot back

4 were 2-shots back

2 were 3 shots back

1 was 4 shots back

1 was 5 shots back

Tiger is 4 shots out of the lead - he is not in the hunt right now.  If he can claw back to 2 shots - then he is in the hunt.

A better question might be what is the biggest deficit Tiger has made up to win on Sunday.

yeah - not buying that.

2 were 1-shot back

4 were 2-shots back

2 were 3 shots back

1 was 4 shots back

1 was 5 shots back

You’re right...you have to go all the way back to June 24, 2018 to the last time someone 6 shots back on the final day came back to win a PGA Tour event.

11 minutes ago, TheDirtyWord said:

You’re right...you have to go all the way back to June 24, 2018 to the last time someone 6 shots back on the final day came back to win a PGA Tour event.

:lmao::lmao: 

• Like 1
Just now, Otis said:

:lmao:  :lmao: 

I am pretty sure this is considered trolling these days....

Admittedly not as much trolling as you are doing to these poor people and the money you owe them...

19 minutes ago, TheDirtyWord said:

So once a year = "Every Tournament"

I hate this new math

18 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Admittedly not as much trolling as you are doing to these poor people and the money you owe them...

You are definitely right that someone is trolling this thread.

• Like 3
21 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

But, i was told 6 back is in the hunt - EVERY TOURNAMENT

what you are saying is that is happens once every 2 years...

Do you hunt with Don Trump, Jr, by any chance?

Sorry, I thought we were talking about Tiger.    At the Hero World Challenge in December, Fowler came from 7 back.  At the HSBC World Golf Championship in October, Justin Rose came back from 8 down.  James Hahn came back from 7 down at the Sony Open in January to force a playoff.

Guess it was happening monthly back then.

Edited by TheDirtyWord
18 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

But, i was told 6 back is in the hunt - EVERY TOURNAMENT

what you are saying is that is happens once every 2 years...

Do you hunt with Don Trump, Jr, by any chance?

Every two years for majors = 1 in 8?  Not the worst odds, right?

13 minutes ago, ghostguy123 said:

He probably needs to shoot 8-10 under tomorrow to win.  Too many people ahead of him, and you know darn well ONE of them will have a good round.  

If the weather gets crazy (like he said), this task of passing more people becomes more realistic.

2 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

yeah - not buying that.

2 were 1-shot back

4 were 2-shots back

2 were 3 shots back

1 was 4 shots back

1 was 5 shots back

You have no idea what you're talking about, at all

3 hours ago, James Daulton said:

All this is doing is delaying Otis paying off his bet for another bunch of years.

The Bet shtick aside, Tiger can take a big step tomorrow without winning. No more excuses though...he’s needs to show he can finish.

11 minutes ago, gump said:

The Bet shtick aside, Tiger can take a big step tomorrow without winning. No more excuses though...he’s needs to show he can finish.

I agree. If he can shoot 66-68 tomorrow it would be a huge confidence builder, even if he doesn't win. Not sure when the last time he shot 2 rounds in the 60's on the weekend when he was in relative contention. 

2 hours ago, gump said:

He choke when the pressure is on

4 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

:confused:

This is really solid trolling though. I’ll give you that. 

• Like 1