What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger Woods (3 Viewers)

I don’t think its the pressure of winning a major after more than a decade that’s taking its toll, it’s the weight of making Otis right that he’s crumbling underneath. 

He is certainly not trending up, and with that many guys ahead of him now with so few holes to play, gonna be tough to pull it out now.  I don't think anyone would deny that it is exciting when Woods is in the hunt, regardless. 
He can’t press though - has to try and stay patient and hit good shots.  

Oddsmakers and bettors have to be hating how fast this changes.  Probably hard to get a bet down at posted odds right now.

Woods out to 20/1.

Watching him at address with the driver on 14 it was tough to have any confidence in him.  He's got the game again, but he has to learn how to win.  He sort of skipped all that when he was young -- he could just lap the field and won so much so early he never had the normal pressure/doubts.  Until he actually takes one down it's hard to believe.

Oh well. He most certainty was in the hunt, despite Sinn’s trolling.  But looks like the dream is over this time. 

Still, I contend the guy isn’t “finished” when he’s the leader at any point of the last day of a major, and having the season he’s having. He’s on the brink. 

gump said:
Half way through, but still needs to show he can finish a big back nine on Sunday.
Solid but not spectacular week...looks like he'll make the WSG and keep progressing towards the Playoff final and the Ryder Cup.

Need to see consecutive rounds in the 60's on Saturday and Sunday before I believe he will win another major. 

Otis said:
Still, I contend the guy isn’t “finished” when he’s the leader at any point of the last day of a major, and having the season he’s having. He’s on the brink. 
He'll be competitive but he lost the fear factor. 

Tiger's in an interesting spot right now.  He's hitting his long irons better than anyone on tour and his short irons are right up there with anyone else too.  His driver and 3 wood are still below average(although better than they have been).  He looks more confident with the new putter and his putting stroke doesn't look as wonky.  I think he's right there.  I think he'll win a tourney by the end of this year and will likely be competitive at the PGA as well, and I certainly take him to the Ryder Cup if I'm the captain.  There's only maybe 5 guys in the world playing better on a consistent basis than him right now.

He had the worse of the draws for this tourney and still had a chance.  Two bad swings changed it for him(which it often does at the Open).  I think this will make his focus even more now that he's had a taste of major contention again.  I expect he'll be even better next time out.

Tiger jumps to #50 or #51 in the WGR? I’ve heard both. The former he makes the Bridgestone, the latter he doesn’t.

Tiger jumps to #50 or #51 in the WGR? I’ve heard both. The former he makes the Bridgestone, the latter he doesn’t.
I heard 50 on a Sirius broadcast, but it sounded like they were doing the calculations on the fly - no idea how accurate.

Users who are viewing this thread