What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger Woods (1 Viewer)

Honestly didn’t watch a second of Ryder cup and don’t care, just like l won’t wxtch Olympic golf. Season ended last week IMO 

When they move the pga to may, when will it be over?
After The Open.

This FedEx Cup thing has a trumped up feel to it.  Like they attempted to come up with some system and enough money to entice players in the top 50 to show up after the real season is over after most of the audience has moved on to football and soccer.

After The Open.

This FedEx Cup thing has a trumped up feel to it.  Like they attempted to come up with some system and enough money to entice players in the top 50 to show up after the real season is over after most of the audience has moved on to football and soccer.
Well, yeah.  

After The Open.

which is why they moved the PGA, so they can finish the fed ex cup in late August.  it will also be shortened to three tourneys from four,  Northern Trust/ BMW/Tour Championship

Doesn’t it only cost 20 bucks? I will probably decide an hour before it starts but even if disappointed I won’t care that I lost 20 bucks. I think it’s priced to sell. 

Seems like a weird deal. I'm guessing they want a lot of back-and-forth and some chop busting between Tiger and Phil. But if it's truly $9 million winner-take-all (and it may not be, there could be side arrangements for all I know), these guys are going to be serious and probably not interact very much, especially down the stretch. They'll care a lot more about winning this than a Ryder Cup singles match.

If they were playing with their own money I might be more inclined to watch. 
They were on PTI tonight and Tiger indicated the expected banter would NOT fly on network TV.  

Also, I don't remember the exact quote but Phil said something about the $9m being a large enough amount to make them both "uncomfortable" - not sure exactly how he meant it, as I'm sure that money is coming from sponsors.  

And apparently there's already a $200K side bet that Phil birdies #1.

They were on PTI tonight and Tiger indicated the expected banter would NOT fly on network TV.  

Also, I don't remember the exact quote but Phil said something about the $9m being a large enough amount to make them both "uncomfortable" - not sure exactly how he meant it, as I'm sure that money is coming from sponsors.  

And apparently there's already a $200K side bet that Phil birdies #1.
Meh. I just can’t get excited to fund these two gazillionares round of golf with PPV. Maybe if they fought at the end.

I love playing golf, I like watching it. Initially I thought this sounded pretty cool. 

However watching these two try and promote this thing is painful. So cheesy Phil, robotic bore Tiger tucking it up is cringeworthy.

Phil telling me it’s pay per view so we don’t have to watch commercials :lol: . GTFO.

I'm going to be spending Friday hanging out with family and the TV will be on all day.  With a bunch of wanna-be golfers sitting around, something tells me the Tiger-Phil PPV for $20 will seem like a great way to pass the time, throw out a few side bets, make up some drinking games... 

What else are we going to do while our SOs rack up credit card bills all day?

Should’ve been Tiger, Fowler, Koepka & Justin Thomas imo. Would be fun to listen to the banter between Tiger and the younger guys, and it would be a lot more competitive. 
I was thinking the same thing.  Plus there's less chance that someone (likely Tiger) pulls away early and makes the back-9 a snooze-fest.

I was thinking the same thing.  Plus there's less chance that someone (likely Tiger) pulls away early and makes the back-9 a snooze-fest.
4 golfers might have made it more interesting. Maybe throw in a senior and female. Have hole by hole bets that can carry over when tied.

I blew this, thought it started at 4. Switched on at 3:30, after drives on #2. Is there a way to watch whole thing?

Love match play. They need to do more of it.

Didn't pay for it.  Checking the blog every so often.  Tiger is a boring guy from the times I played with him as a kid.  He's not that outgoing especially when the cameras are on or there's golf to be played.  I can't imagine this is the right environment for him.  He's more about delivering on the course than with his words.  His jokes are more for the bar room.

Phil is a total trash talker.  He trash talks getting out of the car.  But he needs someone that will talk back.  I don't see Woods doing that other than a few one-liners.

Hopefully it's going OK.  No way I'd pay anything for it though.

Users who are viewing this thread