Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You agreed to adopt 2 of my kids.  PM me your address.

Would you entertain 2 children, ethnicity and gender unknown?  

He's done. He'll be competitive but he lost the fear factor. Looks like The Gold Bear might be out of the woods.

Just put $200 on Tiger to break Jack’s record at 20-1.  

Not that I expect to win.  Would rather take Oats’ $1000 when we are both heading into the nursing home.  Will have the sweetest pool cue in the whole joint.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, zoonation said:

Just put $200 on Tiger to break Jack’s record at 20-1.  

Not that I expect to win.  Would rather take Oats’ $1000 when we are both heading into the nursing home.  Will have the sweetest pool cue in the whole joint.  

They’re all coming around....

Welcome aboard GB. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Otis said:

Lots of folks have been wrong in here.  Don’t feel bad.  

I'll give you 10X the odds that guy got. Paypal me 10K and if Tiger wins the grand slam I'll give you 10 million.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Nipsey said:

I'll give you 10X the odds that guy got. Paypal me 10K and if Tiger wins the grand slam I'll give you 10 million.

Seems reasonable.  Where you gonna get the $10MM?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd give him a 3% chance of winning this week. He's not dominating like the days of old, but he played very smart at ANGC. He can win without playing his best because he minimizes his mistakes and recovers so well. I wouldn't be surprised if he wins either this week or next month at Pebble Beach (US Open.)

The last time he took off this much time between majors that wasn't related to injury was 2008 US Open at Torrey Pines? Not sure if true, read it in an article.

 

Defending champ played well last week, regardless of what the odds say, I think the World #3 is the man to beat. Last 13 majors for Brooks:

T10 - T5 - T21 - T13 - DNP - T4 - T11 - W - T6 - T13 - DNP - W - T39 - W - T2

Koepka in the last 5 PGA Championships:

15ht - 5th - 4th -13th - W

Link to post
Share on other sites

after reading that story I was hoping maybe some restaurant owners would drop in with some scoop on this over serving stuff....I get it that at some point if a person is totally hammered you shouldn't serve them anymore....but its not illegal to "get drunk" at a bar/restraint....and in many cases who knows if a person is going to decide to walk home, call an cab/uber, call a friend or family, get a ride with someone else, take train, etc.....not sure how the restaurant staff are supposed to be mind readers or predict the future....etc...one of the articles talked about "knowingly or knowing" that he had issues with drinking and that they "knew" driving home was his "only" way home.....I get knowing he maybe drank too much sometimes or whatever, but how do you know him driving is his "only" way home and his intention.....he has a lot of options to get home....and if somebody just leaves out a side door or something after they have been drinking I mean what can you really do about it...?....does the staff have to get the "getting home game plan" for everybody that is there drinking and then make sure a safe choice is made....:shrug:...just thinking out loud/typing...."knowingly" seems like it will be the big buzz word/important thing here for some reason and that just seems like a real gray area for me....

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stinkin Ref said:

after reading that story I was hoping maybe some restaurant owners would drop in with some scoop on this over serving stuff....I get it that at some point if a person is totally hammered you shouldn't serve them anymore....but its not illegal to "get drunk" at a bar/restraint....and in many cases who knows if a person is going to decide to walk home, call an cab/uber, call a friend or family, get a ride with someone else, take train, etc.....not sure how the restaurant staff are supposed to be mind readers or predict the future....etc...one of the articles talked about "knowingly or knowing" that he had issues with drinking and that they "knew" driving home was his "only" way home.....I get knowing he maybe drank too much sometimes or whatever, but how do you know him driving is his "only" way home and his intention.....he has a lot of options to get home....and if somebody just leaves out a side door or something after they have been drinking I mean what can you really do about it...?....does the staff have to get the "getting home game plan" for everybody that is there drinking and then make sure a safe choice is made....:shrug:...just thinking out loud/typing...."knowingly" seems like it will be the big buzz word/important thing here for some reason and that just seems like a real gray area for me....

PLOT TWIST - He was an employee!#!#@

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, pantherclub said:

I hate lawyers and this makes no sense

You aren't supposed to get drunk where you work or during work-related activities or else the company might be liable.  I didn't think this was ground-breaking stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, belljr said:

PLOT TWIST - He was an employee!#!#@

I thought it was "former" employee....

eta...I thought the first links said former...

eta2: check that it was a link I saw on facebook that said "former"....

Edited by Stinkin Ref
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Stinkin Ref said:

I thought it was "former" employee....

eta...I thought the first links said former...

eta2: check that it was a link I saw on facebook that said "former"....

EDIT: Bad wroding - at the time he was an employee afaik

Edited by belljr
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, BobbyLayne said:

I'd give him a 3% chance of winning this week. He's not dominating like the days of old, but he played very smart at ANGC. He can win without playing his best because he minimizes his mistakes and recovers so well. I wouldn't be surprised if he wins either this week or next month at Pebble Beach (US Open.)

The last time he took off this much time between majors that wasn't related to injury was 2008 US Open at Torrey Pines? Not sure if true, read it in an article.

 

Defending champ played well last week, regardless of what the odds say, I think the World #3 is the man to beat. Last 13 majors for Brooks:

T10 - T5 - T21 - T13 - DNP - T4 - T11 - W - T6 - T13 - DNP - W - T39 - W - T2

Koepka in the last 5 PGA Championships:

15ht - 5th - 4th -13th - W

Wager?  Odds?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Uh, there is word that perhaps video evidence was destroyed; that just might be a problem. 

Meh. Lawyers gonna lawyer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Otis said:

Wager?  Odds?

:confused:

Why would I wage against my heart? I'm rooting for Tiger.

But Koepka is a beast, on good form, and has the game that best matches Bethpage. So with my head I think he should be the favorite. IOW he has maybe a 5% chance.

Winning a major is a very hard thing. Predicting them is near impossible. We're just as likely to see Xander Schauffele, Patrick Cantlay, Fowler or Rahm break though with their first.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BobbyLayne said:

:confused:

Why would I wage against my heart? I'm rooting for Tiger.

But Koepka is a beast, on good form, and has the game that best matches Bethpage. So with my head I think he should be the favorite. IOW he has maybe a 5% chance.

Winning a major is a very hard thing. Predicting them is near impossible. We're just as likely to see Xander Schauffele, Patrick Cantlay, Fowler or Rahm break though with their first.

It's wet and very long ...:bag: 

If they aren't a bomber ...they ain't winnin'.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

It's wet and very long ...:bag: 

If they aren't a bomber ...they ain't winnin'.  

Everybody I mentioned is averaging 304 or longer. BK is at 308.1, Cantlay 308.0, Rahm 305.8, Fowler 304.2, Schauffele 304.0, and rank 14th - 33rd this year. Tiger is 54th.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BobbyLayne said:

Everybody I mentioned is averaging 304 or longer. BK is at 308.1, Cantlay 308.0, Rahm 305.8, Fowler 304.2, Schauffele 304.0, and rank 14th - 33rd this year. Tiger is 54th.

yeah, that qualifies.  Tiger's chance is his long iron play.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, zoonation said:

Have to hit it long and straight.  The rough is wet and gnarly.  If you aren’t driving it mint you ain’t winning this week.   

 

Long and accurate but there are some huge fades to be hit here. 

Bubba has excelled here.  Reed's game fits well.  Fowler's had some great rounds.

With a winning score around -10, I don't see the upside in sweating a favorite like tiger or even Brooks for 4 days.  Would rather take some deep shots and get lucky enough for some leverage live or between rounds.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, urbanhack said:

You aren't supposed to get drunk where you work or during work-related activities or else the company might be liable.  I didn't think this was ground-breaking stuff.

Its against the law to drink where you work?  Is this really a law?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pantherclub said:

Its against the law to drink where you work?  Is this really a law?

Off the clock it should not matter, he becomes another customer at that point. If he's still working then that obviously makes it worse.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Off the clock it should not matter, he becomes another customer at that point. If he's still working then that obviously makes it worse.

Or if while off the clock he is getting his drinks for free......

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2019 at 10:39 AM, Stinkin Ref said:

after reading that story I was hoping maybe some restaurant owners would drop in with some scoop on this over serving stuff....I get it that at some point if a person is totally hammered you shouldn't serve them anymore....but its not illegal to "get drunk" at a bar/restraint....and in many cases who knows if a person is going to decide to walk home, call an cab/uber, call a friend or family, get a ride with someone else, take train, etc.....not sure how the restaurant staff are supposed to be mind readers or predict the future....etc...one of the articles talked about "knowingly or knowing" that he had issues with drinking and that they "knew" driving home was his "only" way home.....I get knowing he maybe drank too much sometimes or whatever, but how do you know him driving is his "only" way home and his intention.....he has a lot of options to get home....and if somebody just leaves out a side door or something after they have been drinking I mean what can you really do about it...?....does the staff have to get the "getting home game plan" for everybody that is there drinking and then make sure a safe choice is made....:shrug:...just thinking out loud/typing...."knowingly" seems like it will be the big buzz word/important thing here for some reason and that just seems like a real gray area for me....

Not sure if FL works the same way, but in CA the law states the establishment (bar, restaurant, etc.) can be held liable for serving a person who shows “obvious signs of intoxication” (e.g. slurred speech, bleary/glassy eyes, lack of balance, etc.). Additionally, the person who does the actual serving (bartender) can face criminal and civil charges for doing so. 

As it pertains to this case, I’m not sure it matters if the deceased had issues with alcoholism, but more how much he was served at the bar before driving and crashing. In a civil matter, maybe it would come into play. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

No worries, I'm sure he will win the US and British Opens

 

2 minutes ago, TheIronSheik said:

Don't sweat it.  Come Saturday and Sunday, he'll have the entire field shaking and missing putts.  

No offense but you guys sound like morons with these posts. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...