Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

6 minutes ago, Nipsey said:

I think he's physically fine or at least as fine as he's going to be. The PGA Tour schedule has been a little strange this season. After the Masters win I can understand the decision to not play until the PGA (where he was sick, only real poor showing of the season). He played in the Memorial to tune up the for US Open. After the US Open what was he going to play in over here? None of those events were tournaments he'd ever play in. You could argue he should have played in Scotland or Ireland these last couple of weeks I guess. Tiger himself admitted he needs to play more. I'm definitely not going to have many (if any) shares of the guy this week but wouldn't be surprised if he played well.

I agree he looks healthy...but the minimal play really shows. He adjusted his schedule last year to play unplanned events. I hope it is just him pacing himself for year end, maybe starting now.

• Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You agreed to adopt 2 of my kids.  PM me your address.

Would you entertain 2 children, ethnicity and gender unknown?  

He's done. He'll be competitive but he lost the fear factor. Looks like The Gold Bear might be out of the woods.

46 minutes ago, gump said:

I agree he looks healthy...but the minimal play really shows. He adjusted his schedule last year to play unplanned events. I hope it is just him pacing himself for year end, maybe starting now.

I would think this is it more than anything else.  He'll be playing 4 straight weeks in August(assuming he makes the tour championship of course).  That's a lot of golf for an old guy with a bad back. 

Interested to see what he does in October/November to get ready for the President's Cup in December.  Those are usually the months he hibernates from the tour. 

Anyone watching this Tiger “Chase for 82” special on golf channel?

best golfer the world has ever seen.  You almost forget how this guy absolutely dominated sports for almost a decade.  Brought the golfing world to its knees.  

• Like 1
2 hours ago, zoonation said:

Anyone watching this Tiger “Chase for 82” special on golf channel?

Nope, watching the Golden Bear Chase for 18.

best golfer the world has ever seen.  You almost forget how this guy absolutely dominated sports for almost a decade.  Brought the golfing world to its knees.  

On 7/19/2019 at 2:36 AM, culdeus said:

The schedule change for sure doesn't help tiger.  Nobody gives AF about the FedEx cup.  

Whose idea was this?

Would sound a bit more prestigious if they called it the FedEx Gold Cup.

Instead the pga has to squeeze every last dollar out of it.  Tacky. 

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, encaitar said:

Finished -6 and in the lead.   Pretty crazy comeback after a terrible start.

Nuts. I watch him pin hunting and making birdies. He looked great. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, TheIronSheik said:

Are we almost fired back up again to say that he'll beat Jack's record?  He's back!  No stopping him now!  He won't lose again until he's 90 years old!  :towelwave:

He’s not winning four more majors.  I’d say one more.  Maybe two.  I think if he is healthy he can contend at Augusta into his 50’s.   Everything changed when Jesus fixed his back.  

5 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Iron to 8 feet.   

Looks in control - 82 appears to be in the bag.  I know there’s a lot of schtick that has gone on in here and he deserves a lot of the criticism he gets but I think breaking this record is a huge deal.  Congrats to Tiger.

*hopefully I don’t jinx him

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Looks in control - 82 appears to be in the bag.  I know there’s a lot of schtick that has gone on in here and he deserves a lot of the criticism he gets but I think breaking this record is a huge deal.  Congrats to Tiger.

*hopefully I don’t jinx him

It is a gigantic accomplishment....and fitting. Nobody has won like Tiger.

Edited by gump
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Always love when a pro does something I would try because I suck at golf.  Unlike him I would end up embedding it in the face of the bunker

Picked it clean, but couldn't make the ball move.  Ended up in the greenside bunker.   He took his shot, but at this point Tiger could just hit irons in and still win.

1 minute ago, AAABatteries said:

83 wins - just unreal given the level of competition.  Phil has 44.  Assuming I read it correctly the next truly active guy is DJ with 20.

This is for 82 and a tie with Snead.

• Thanks 1

He looked great this weekend.  Didn't look to be pressing.  Hit his driver/3 wood well.  Irons were out of this world good.  Putting was as good as it gets.  

No doubt he chooses himself for the President's Cup now.  Think Woodland will get the call too.  He played well this weekend as well.

Tiger was -9 on par 3s this week.  That's insane.

• Love 1