Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

2 hours ago, SteelCurtain said:

Honestly, Hyundai must be getting some serious positive PR out of this accident because of how the vehicle withstood the accident.

Wait until it turns out to be a mechanical failure and he sues them for a billion dollars

• Laughing 1
  • Replies 15.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You agreed to adopt 2 of my kids.  PM me your address.

Would you entertain 2 children, ethnicity and gender unknown?  

He's done. He'll be competitive but he lost the fear factor. Looks like The Gold Bear might be out of the woods.

11 hours ago, Cjw_55106 said:

The one guy in particular that I saw on the news claims to live on the street and said there’s accidents all the time. Granted, I would imagine most of them are not single car accidents. Lack of skid marks does not mean lack of braking. In any case, you have a narrative that you feel comfortable sticking to and I doubt you are going to change your mind.

Sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about.  Now you're pointing to the "one guy in particular who lives on the street"?  BTW, nobody lives ON the street where the actual crash was, but he got on "the news" though!  The homes are off a street called Blackhorse, in neighborhoods, but whatever.  You are getting your stories from the media blitz.  It's litter.  This is like me telling you I know more about a street you've used every week for a decade because I heard this or that from TMZ.

I know exactly where he went off, I drove that road daily for a long time.  Do you know who gets in accidents there?  The kids who go to Peninsula High right up the road, less than a mile away, on the corner of Hawthorne.  Almost all drive cars (wealthy) and it's a nice road to race or punch it on -- it's wide open.  Also, drunk drivers, of course.  Or both.  You know who isn't involved in the "dangerous accidents"?  45 year old folks on their way to work at 7:10AM in the middle of the week.  And I guarantee details of the incidents (age, time, impairment) on that stretch of Hawthorne, would bear that out.

People are acting like this is a dangerous mountain road he was coming down with tight corners and/or inclement weather conditions.  It was nothing of the sort -- especially at that particular time and day.  BTW, where are the marine layer speculators?  Gone, because there was none.

Look, he's not just loved, he's a home town hero for Los Angelinos.  The reports are giving the benefit of the doubt in every way possible.  And I have no problem with that, TBH.  I'm just saying it's BS (and also interesting to hear).  I have no "narrative", I love Tiger, but I'm not buying it.  I'm just trying to tell you the stuff you're hearing and the spin I'm seeing from the media isn't very credible.  Like Sheriff Villanueva, who high-tailed it from downtown LA to the Lomita Sheriff station so he could get his mug all over the news.  I'm guessing his first drive ever, on Hawthorne in RPV, was Tuesday.

1.  Tiger was flying down, had to be.  He "destroyed" the "Welcome to Rolling Hills Estates" sign and kept going.  That is really hard to do, the path he blazed.  With all the "experts" saying how dangerous it is, that sign must get repaired monthly.  Pretty sure it was decades old, btw.

2.  IMO, either he was distracted by phone/text, a bit hard to buy at that speed.  Or, he's back to his favorite vice (which he very much looked like in his interview on Sunday, btw -- go see the pics).  The simple fact he has a history with painkillers should raise a pretty big red flag.  Just had back surgery. Not playing. That points to his old tricks more than any sort of accident in broad daylight due to a dangerous road (in excellent conditions) BS.  He had some side-deal at Rolling Hills Country Club on Monday and Tuesday with Spade, Wade and co.  Guy was having some fun, he's human, might have had a big night Monday.  And Saturday, from the looks of it Sunday.

3.  Most importantly, and lost in the story, is he is even luckier than people realize.  Not just to be alive, but that there were no kids/family/faculty (due to Covid) headed up to Pen High that day (enrollment 2,300), which starts at 7:40 AM.  It's incredibly fortunate he didn't hit any oncoming vehicles, which also includes those going up for work at all the businesses in the Peninsula Center.  The traffic that typically is heading to the school or work around that time can be continuous.  That would've been an absolute disaster.

Edited by Rodrigo Duterte
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I feel like you "need" Tiger to be "impaired" or "drunk" for some reason.  That this is now somehow personal to you....

The sheriff literally says that Tiger was "not impaired in anyway" in his statement and that it was "purely an accident", but you must know better.

Also, the first responder says this....

Deputy Carlos Gonzalez, who was first to arrive at the crash, patrols the road and said he sometimes catches people topping 80 mph in the downhill, 45-mph zone and that wrecks are common.

But again.... you must know better.

I don't get why this can't just be an accident by someone who was likely speeding and in a hurry, but again..... I didn't "drive that road everyday.", so whatever.

• Like 6
  • Laughing 1
1 hour ago, Rodrigo Duterte said:

Sorry, but you don't know what you're talking about.  Now you're pointing to the "one guy in particular who lives on the street"?  BTW, nobody lives ON the street where the actual crash was, but he got on "the news" though!  The homes are off a street called Blackhorse, in neighborhoods, but whatever.  You are getting your stories from the media blitz.  It's litter.  This is like me telling you I know more about a street you've used every week for a decade because I heard this or that from TMZ.

I know exactly where he went off, I drove that road daily for a long time.  Do you know who gets in accidents there?  The kids who go to Peninsula High right up the road, less than a mile away, on the corner of Hawthorne.  Almost all drive cars (wealthy) and it's a nice road to race or punch it on -- it's wide open.  Also, drunk drivers, of course.  Or both.  You know who isn't involved in the "dangerous accidents"?  45 year old folks on their way to work at 7:10AM in the middle of the week.  And I guarantee details of the incidents (age, time, impairment) on that stretch of Hawthorne, would bare that out.

People are acting like this is a dangerous mountain road he was coming down with tight corners and/or inclement weather conditions.  It was nothing of the sort -- especially at that particular time and day.  BTW, where are the marine layer speculators?  Gone, because there was none.

Look, he's not just loved, he's a home town hero for Los Angelinos.  The reports are giving the benefit of the doubt in every way possible.  And I have no problem with that, TBH.  I'm just saying it's BS (and also interesting to hear).  I have no "narrative", I love Tiger, but I'm not buying it.  I'm just trying to tell you the stuff you're hearing and the spin I'm seeing from the media isn't very credible.  Like Sheriff Villanueva, who high-tailed it from downtown LA to the Lomita Sheriff station so he could get his mug all over the news.  I'm guessing his first drive ever, on Hawthorne in RPV, was Tuesday.

1.  Tiger was flying down, had to be.  He "destroyed" the "Welcome to Rolling Hills Estates" sign and kept going.  That is really hard to do, the path he blazed.  With all the "experts" saying how dangerous it is, that sign must get repaired monthly.  Pretty sure it was decades old, btw.

2.  IMO, either he was distracted by phone/text, a bit hard to buy at that speed.  Or, he's back to his favorite vice (which he very much looked like in his interview on Sunday, btw -- go see the pics).  The simple fact he has a history with painkillers should raise a pretty big red flag.  Just had back surgery. Not playing. That points to his old tricks more than any sort of accident in broad daylight due to a dangerous road (in excellent conditions) BS.  He had some side-deal at Rolling Hills Country Club on Monday and Tuesday with Spade, Wade and co.  Guy was having some fun, he's human, might have had a big night Monday.  And Saturday, from the looks of it Sunday.

3.  Most importantly, and lost in the story, is he is even luckier than people realize.  Not just to be alive, but that there were no kids/family/faculty (due to Covid) headed up to Pen High that day (enrollment 2,300), which starts at 7:40 AM.  It's incredibly fortunate he didn't hit any oncoming vehicles, which also includes those going up for work at all the businesses in the Peninsula Center.  The traffic that typically is heading to the school or work around that time can be continuous.  That would've been an absolute disaster.

All of this.  My brother lived in this neighborhood and I’ve driven this road a lot.  It’s not treacherous.  The guy they interviewed said he lived 5 miles away. He was happy to be on the news.  Plus the guy that said Tiger “almost hit him” was apparently the guy that blocked him in while he was loading luggage, and when he got out of the way Tiger took off.  That was nowhere near where this happened.

• Like 1

I could see it being the distracted driving narrative.  I mean, the sheriff's department said no impairment and I have to think they aren't going to tamper with evidence in an investigation just to protect Tiger Woods.  He did look sort of out of it on Sunday though.

I'm going with he was late and speeding and then got distracted.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Rodrigo Duterte said:

...and it's a nice road to race or punch it on -- it's wide open.

I can vouch for this.  Crenshaw's more fun, but you can fly on Hawthorne.

2 hours ago, -jb- said:

I can vouch for this.  Crenshaw's more fun, but you can fly on Hawthorne.

Crenshaw is definitely more fun and more challenging.  Hawthorne is child's play.  And at least Crenshaw has a median you can't obliterate like Tiger did and end up in oncoming traffic (so lucky).

I raced a friend down Crenshaw once.  Wasn't planned but he pulled up to me in his brand new BMW M Series and looked over.  I was driving a friend's IRoc-Z 350, which I had promised not to race.  We were side by side just below St. John Fischer when we ended up at a red light on Crestridge.  Of course it was on.

I was in the outside lane and took him off the line, which wasn't surprising given the cars.  But he was trying to get even coming up on the inside going by Indian Peak while cornering to the right but I wouldn't let him by and he lost control.  I almost did too, I felt a little fishtail.  He was unfamiliar with that car and he never got control back and totaled it, jumping the curb and ending up going up the embankment, then rolling back down.

I'll never forget seeing his face pressed up against the windshield when he first smashed into the curb before heading up into the ice plant.  I caught a quick glimpse and it was scary.  I couldn't turn around until that McDonald's on Silver Spur and head back up to see if he was okay.  That took a good 5 minutes and me and my friend were scared ####less to see the carnage.  He was okay though, the car was not.  His Dad almost killed him.

Still think about how lucky and dumb we were.  He ended up in Colorado and is doing great these days.  It still comes up.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Rodrigo Duterte said:

Crenshaw is definitely more fun and more challenging.  Hawthorne is child's play.  And at least Crenshaw has a median you can't obliterate like Tiger did and end up in oncoming traffic (so lucky).

I raced a friend down Crenshaw once.  Wasn't planned but he pulled up to me in his brand new BMW M Series and looked over.  I was driving a friend's IRoc-Z 350, which I had promised not to race.  We were side by side just below St. John Fischer when we ended up at a red light on Crestridge.  Of course it was on.

I was in the outside lane and took him off the line, which wasn't surprising given the cars.  But he was trying to get even coming up on the inside going by Indian Peak while cornering to the right but I wouldn't let him by and he lost control.  I almost did too, I felt a little fishtail.  He was unfamiliar with that car and he never got control back and totaled it, jumping the curb and ending up going up the embankment, then rolling back down.

I'll never forget seeing his face pressed up against the windshield when he first smashed into the curb before heading up into the ice plant.  I caught a quick glimpse and it was scary.  I couldn't turn around until that McDonald's on Silver Spur and head back up to see if he was okay.  That took a good 5 minutes and me and my friend were scared ####less to see the carnage.  He was okay though, the car was not.  His Dad almost killed him.

Still think about how lucky and dumb we were.  He ended up in Colorado and is doing great these days.  It still comes up.

What kind of pain killers were you on?

• Laughing 1

I'm glad of two things: 

1) Tiger won the ZOZO two years ago to officially tie the all-time wins record, and

2) I have the '19 Masters recorded.  This accident makes that win more special and i'll watch the Sunday round in full probably 4 times leading up to early April this year.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Rodrigo Duterte said:

It doesn't matter because they were prescribed.  We'll call it trace.  All I know is it wasn't alcohol and I can't remember anything.

Can't you still get a dui on prescriptions?

2 hours ago, Phil Elliott said:

Not if Sheriff Villanueva is a fan and you basically have a key to the city.  Appears those possibilities were squashed early on, no?  Not sure, was it brought up?  But would going after the hometown hero be good for his career?  Or bad?

Say, does anybody know if Villanueva made the hour drive to that presser in Lomita he had to get on, or if he took a chopper in?  I know he couldn't leave from his home, after the uncovering of a heli-pad he got caught building next to it.

Edited by Rodrigo Duterte
22 hours ago, Rodrigo Duterte said:

Not if Sheriff Villanueva is a fan and you basically have a key to the city.  Appears those possibilities were squashed early on, no?  Not sure, was it brought up?  But would going after the hometown hero be good for his career?  Or bad?

Say, does anybody know if Villanueva made the hour drive to that presser in Lomita he had to get on, or if he took a chopper in?  I know he couldn't leave from his home, after the uncovering of a heli-pad he got caught building next to it.

There are laws and there are decisions to enforce or not.   Also the media will decide how cover the story.

Edited by Phil Elliott
5 hours ago, gump said:

2) I have the '19 Masters recorded.  This accident makes that win more special and i'll watch the Sunday round in full probably 4 times leading up to early April this year.

Nice.  I feel fortunate to have lived and enjoyed the full career of Tiger.  As a Chicagoan, I've had the same pleasure of following closely the careers of Michael Jordan and Mitch Trubisky.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 3
On 2/24/2021 at 10:13 PM, SteelCurtain said:

Honestly, Hyundai must be getting some serious positive PR out of this accident because of how the vehicle withstood the accident.

Genesis GV-80 that starts around 80K..Tiger would not be seen driving your basic run of the mill Hyundai.

Edited by Da Guru

Have heard from a few different crash experts there is almost zero chance the vehicle rolled as was reported.  The sunroof wasn't even cracked.  Doesn't really change anything other than me wondering why the police would have stated that.

52 minutes ago, facook said:

Have heard from a few different crash experts there is almost zero chance the vehicle rolled as was reported.  The sunroof wasn't even cracked.  Doesn't really change anything other than me wondering why the police would have stated that.

I wondered about that also. Rear and front damage almost look like it kinda went end over end

im not a crash expert 

On 2/26/2021 at 7:32 AM, Phil Elliott said:

This is state law dependent, but most likely if the person is impaired beyond the slightest degree from them. 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, JaxBill said:

@NBCNews: Authorities in Los Angeles County say they know what caused the crash that seriously injured Tiger Woods, but they are not releasing details, citing unspecified privacy concerns. - @NBCNightlyNews https://nbcnews.to/3ucsxFa

So nothing criminal on Tiger's part, right?

5 hours ago, encaitar said:

What privacy concerns would there be in a crash though?  Sounds fishy.

Medical condition?  getting head in the whip?  fighting with a mistress whilst driving?  Im leaning medical.  by law they wouldnt be able to comment on those types of things.

1 hour ago, PinkydaPimp said:

Medical condition?  getting head in the whip?  fighting with a mistress whilst driving?  Im leaning medical.  by law they wouldnt be able to comment on those types of things.

That makes sense...except the article says that they didn't take a blood sample but they did impound the black box.

What medical condition would be revealed by the black box?

My thought is somehow they knew he fell asleep at the wheel.

6 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

That makes sense...except the article says that they didn't take a blood sample but they did impound the black box.

Could be like some mental meds that make you tired.  Didn’t he combine a inch of meds once before crashing something??  Or maybe it’s meds for something he just doesn’t want to get out. Who knows.  Then again if you take meds and drive can’t that technically be say a dui?

• Like 1

Thanks for the responses guys.  I guess it could be HIPAA laws.  I was going off of how the sheriff only went off the black box, but I suppose they likely were in contact with the hospital and the results there as well.  Thing is... even medication that makes you drowsy can be considered as a DUI.  It'll be interesting to see if the reason comes out.

I fell asleep driving and wasn't charged. Minus paying for the pole 

*But I was not medicated. Just a long night the night before

Edited by belljr

i fell alseep when i was driving and got in a wreck but then i woke up and realized it was a dream and then i woke up again and realized i fell asleep in my chair watching golf and that right there is some inceptiony mother jazz take that to the bank brohans 

• Like 5
  • Laughing 1
9 hours ago, JaxBill said:

One thing that they did release was that he never hit the brakes.   I assume that's data from the computer.   

2 hours ago, -fish- said:

One thing that they did release was that he never hit the brakes.   I assume that's data from the computer.   

Then yea betting it’s meds that caused him to fall asleep.  

2 hours ago, -fish- said:

I believe they mentioned that early due to lack of skid marks.

And probably confirmed by the black box.

Edited by WDIK2
3 minutes ago, WDIK2 said:

I believe they said that early due to lack of skid marks.

They didn't make a statement saying he didn't hit the brakes for a month after the accident.   Antilock brakes wouldn't necessarily leave skid marks.  They also said he didn't take his foot off the gas.

Edited by -fish-
Just now, -fish- said:

They didn't make a statement saying he didn't hit the brakes for a month after the accident.   Antilock brakes wouldn't necessarily leave skid marks

Thought I read that way early in the reports.  But I have been wrong before.  :shrug: 

The most competitive guy on earth likely ended his career in the last window of him playing at a world class level...not sure what taking this further would accomplish.

6 hours ago, SWC said:

i fell alseep when i was driving and got in a wreck but then i woke up and realized it was a dream and then i woke up again and realized i fell asleep in my chair watching golf and that right there is some inceptiony mother jazz take that to the bank brohans 

"Wake up, you are still dreaming!"

• Thanks 1
14 hours ago, Terminalxylem said:

HIPAA. Seizure or adverse reaction to a medication perhaps?

Agree this "could be it". But if they wanted the info to come out it would happen.

5 minutes ago, encaitar said:
13 minutes ago, heckmanm said:

Sherriff's presser said estimated speed when he hit the tree was 75mph :shock:

Good lord.  He's lucky to be alive.

Yeah I think they said first impact/contact was estimated ~84mph. Assume that's where he lost control.

ESPN just showed a pic of the car and TBH it looks pretty good for a 75mph impact with a tree.

9 minutes ago, heckmanm said:

Sherriff's presser said estimated speed when he hit the tree was 75mph :shock:

I read he was going 83.  So between the curbs, the large median and the city sign he took out, and then crossing two more lanes of oncoming traffic (SO lucky there were no cars), and another curb, he had slowed down some.  Good.

14 minutes ago, Rodrigo Duterte said:

I read he was going 83.  So between the curbs, the large median and the city sign he took out, and then crossing two more lanes of oncoming traffic (SO lucky there were no cars), and another curb, he had slowed down some.  Good.

This. Was reported going 84-87 in a 45 zone, 75 when he hit the tree.

On 2/24/2021 at 9:18 PM, the rover said:

Wait until it turns out to be a mechanical failure and he sues them for a billion dollars

On 4/7/2021 at 2:57 PM, encaitar said:

Good lord.  He's lucky to be alive.

And no one else got hurt...

The way people constantly praise this guy and cheer him on amazes me.