What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger Woods (2 Viewers)

My 3.5-yr-old, as we’re watching golf, just asked me ‘Dadda...when is Tiger getting better?’.  I hope he has a chance to see him play again.

Yeah, the real test will be the longer clubs.  I just don't know if he'll be able to safely generate enough torque to get the distance he needs.

Once he lived and dodged life changing injury,  everything else was gravy

Chokelroy, DeChamBalco, Bros Koepka...

They make drunken Herman Cain Award goatee sportin middle aged males with golf shirts tucked into their waist high shorts showing their boilers scream like little girls at a CRYS*P BOYZ Taco Bell spot while Colin Morikawa is quietly eating their lunches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1INfYfyZ-c

Glad to see him back striking the ball. But man for the workout warrior he was his calves look shrunken.
tiger always had chicken legs, you only ever really saw them though when he played the matches with phil since they have to wear pants on the pga tour.

It's over.  He basically said so today.  Lucky to have a leg.

Can I collect my rack from Otis yet or are we still entertaining a fantasy that Tiger can win four more majors?

It's over.  He basically said so today.  Lucky to have a leg.

Can I collect my rack from Otis yet or are we still entertaining a fantasy that Tiger can win four more majors?

I mean, it is over.  But he's still going to play the Majors and select events.  Not like he's retiring.

It's over.  He basically said so today. 
I don't believe that. Everything he says is carefully crafted by his PR team. He's just lowering expectations so that if/when he achieves greatness again it will seem even more incredible. He even name checked Hogan at the presser. That wasn't an accident.

He's exempted into the Masters and PGA for life, the Open until 60, and the US Open until 2023.

Do you really think if he wants to play he couldn't get into the US Open?  Would they actually keep the GOAT out?  (I don't even know if they ever give exemptions, I'm asking sincerely.)

I don't believe that. Everything he says is carefully crafted by his PR team. He's just lowering expectations so that if/when he achieves greatness again it will seem even more incredible. He even name checked Hogan at the presser. That wasn't an accident.
I agree with this - I didn’t really believe that he believes it’s over.

Do you really think if he wants to play he couldn't get into the US Open?  Would they actually keep the GOAT out?  (I don't even know if they ever give exemptions, I'm asking sincerely.)
The USGA has offered 53 exemptions to 35 players, starting with Ben Hogan.  Nicklaus got 8 and Palmer got 5.

:yes:

That said, I’d lay $$$ that he never wins another major, but who the hell knows 

He would get a sponsor's exemption into any event he ever wants to play for the rest of his live. The US Open would be the most challenging and they gave Jack Nicklaus an unprecedented six exemptions between 95-00. As long as he's not shooting 85, have to assume Tiger's good for at least that after 2023, though I doubt he'll want it. I'm not even convinced he'll enter both he's qualified for.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too.  I believe his winning anything significant is over.  Not necessarily competing.
Oh, I think if the leg is good enough for him to catch a whiff of a lead, that would eventually escalate.

Tiger likes narratives. Part of me is suspicious that he is both hedging and setting up another comeback narrative. The best surgeons money can buy can do some pretty miraculous things. See: his back.

Well, the consensus is let’s carry on then.  

He may play some events, but his days of competing for majors is over.  He’s not setting up a narrative.  He knows it’s over.  “I got that last major.”

I really don't mean to be a hater...

buuuutttt....are we ever going to find out what happened in that car?  Did he fall asleep?  Bad reaction to a pain killer?  Pretty significant event just to sweep it under the rug.  He's amazingly lucky the only person hurt was him, and he's still alive.

Competing with son Charlie at PNC Championship next weekend.

Tiger Woods

@TigerWoods

Although it’s been a long and challenging year, I am very excited to close it out by competing in the

@PNCchampionship with my son Charlie. I’m playing as a Dad and couldn’t be more excited and proud.

Fun day of golf to watch.  Great to see them enjoying themselves.  The one moment where Charlie drained a birdie putt and had the putter pointed to the breaking side exactly like his dad does, and then making the "money" gesture was awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread