What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger Woods (4 Viewers)

Is anyone surprised he's doing well at the Buick? He knows this course inside and out. He always does well. That said, he's got a 1 stroke lead. Love seeing the Tiger apologists going nuts in here.

Is anyone surprised he's doing well at the Buick? He knows this course inside and out. He always does well. That said, he's got a 1 stroke lead. Love seeing the Tiger apologists going nuts in here.
What is a Tiger apologist?

You can't spell backpedal without L-O-L

I realize that tiger has very high expectations of himself, bu he is a first class ##### when he plays poorly. Throwing his clubs, cursing, visibly frustrated, swinging at he ground etc. It's pretty lame IMO. I don't relly see anyone else out there doing that kinda stuff.
because we don't get to see every shot from anyone else

Finless said:
:lmao:He has won 25% of the events he has participated in here...He has a regular win rate of over 27%...He actually struggles here

Finless said:
:lmao:He has won 25% of the events he has participated in here...He has a regular win rate of over 27%...He actually struggles here
It really isn't confusing. Finless is fishing - facts don't matter.

8 wins out of 15 starts (53.3 win%) in 2006.

7 wins out of 16 starts (43.8 win%) in 2007.

8 wins out of 17 starts (47.1 win%) in 2008 and 2009 combined.

Last edited by a moderator:
8 wins out of 15 starts (53.3 win%) in 2006.7 wins out of 16 starts (43.8 win%) in 2007.8 wins out of 17 starts (47.1 win%) in 2008 and 2009 combined.
It has really skewed the way the average fan looks at the game. If someone just got privy to golf in the last 4 years....they are gonna habe a rough rest of their life. They are gonna wonder why nobody wins as much as tiger.69 victories...that is just gross

I am positive I heard a huge fart while they stood there. Anybody tivo it?

I'm only with my blackberry so I have no means of looking for a clip.

I am positive I heard a huge fart while they stood there. Anybody tivo it?

I'm only with my blackberry so I have no means of looking for a clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muSYE2VmEDcPretty obvious imo
:lmao: The below statements are just sick. From this link:

He moved into first place in the FedEx Cup standings and padded his lead on the money list with another $918,000 after tying Vijay Singh's record of three Buick Open titles.

With the 69 wins, he trails just Jack Nicklaus (73) and Sam Snead (82).

Woods reached victory No. 69 at the age 33 years, 7 seven months -- almost seven years quicker than Nicklaus and eight years sooner than Snead.

Dating to the 2006 British Open, Woods has won 21 of 39 starts on the PGA Tour.

Anon said:
Binky The Doormat said:
tipsy mcstagger said:
Did I just hear tiger or his caddy fart on the 18th fairway while waiting? He busted up laughing afterwards.
No way - I saw them laughing - can you really hear it? If so that would be awesome (seriously).
Yes! Could have been someone in the crowd I suppose, but it was pretty loud.
Any confirm on who/what. I was watching live and swore someone busted ### :headbang:

Norman Einstein said:
I realize that tiger has very high expectations of himself, bu he is a first class ##### when he plays poorly. Throwing his clubs, cursing, visibly frustrated, swinging at he ground etc. It's pretty lame IMO. I don't relly see anyone else out there doing that kinda stuff.
because we don't get to see every shot from anyone else
He does have some bad habits.The smashing the club is bad, I only saw 1 or 2 guys throw clubs the tournaments I workedMost curse and get angry, with some air swings etc but the club slamming is bad from him

Anon said:
Binky The Doormat said:
tipsy mcstagger said:
Did I just hear tiger or his caddy fart on the 18th fairway while waiting? He busted up laughing afterwards.
No way - I saw them laughing - can you really hear it? If so that would be awesome (seriously).
Yes! Could have been someone in the crowd I suppose, but it was pretty loud.
Any confirm on who/what. I was watching live and swore someone busted ### :lmao:
deadspin has a post up about it now with some video.
The alleged "Tiger Woods farting" video is making its way around the blogosphere, yet everyone may be too quick to blame Eldrick for this mighty rip during the Buick Open.Unless CBS had a special microphone right next to his ###, it doesn't seem plausible that Woods could be the culprit. Yes, just a few seconds before blast-off, we see Woods loosening his hamstrings by kicking his legs up behind him, followed by the alleged fart, then a shot of he and caddy Steve Williams chuckling, but this is all circumstantial and hardly implicates Tiger.If that strange splattery noise heard was, in fact, a purposeful release, it must have come from inside CBS' studio, where Jim Nantz and David Feherty were commentating. If so, this is Nantz's second brush with a noisy sphincter on-air in the same calendar year, which, to me, makes him the prime suspect once again.Tiger Woods Releases Some Gas On The Way To Buick Open Victory [TPS]

Wasn't this basically a JV tournament? On Mike and Mike this morning they said something along the lines of there not being a single player in the world top 100 that played in this thing other than Tiger.

While Tiger winning this thing is somewhat impressive, it's about the same level of achievement as an NFL team beating the Detroit Lions last year.

Wasn't this basically a JV tournament? On Mike and Mike this morning they said something along the lines of there not being a single player in the world top 100 that played in this thing other than Tiger. While Tiger winning this thing is somewhat impressive, it's about the same level of achievement as an NFL team beating the Detroit Lions last year.
Just looking at the leaderboard, I see some familiar names like Justin Leonard (World #32), Jim Furyk (World #10), Chad Campbell (World #55), Rory Sabbatini (World #38), Stuart Appleby, Rocco Mediate, Paul Goydos (World #68), and John Senden (World #89).

Wasn't this basically a JV tournament? On Mike and Mike this morning they said something along the lines of there not being a single player in the world top 100 that played in this thing other than Tiger.
considering 100 or so signed up and the tour card pretty much means you are at least top 200 material I don't think I even have to look. Maybe top 10?

Wasn't this basically a JV tournament? On Mike and Mike this morning they said something along the lines of there not being a single player in the world top 100 that played in this thing other than Tiger. While Tiger winning this thing is somewhat impressive, it's about the same level of achievement as an NFL team beating the Detroit Lions last year.
Lets see how many there were...Tiger WoodsJim FurykJustin LeonardNick WatneyKJ ChoiCHad CampbellAndres RomeroPaul GoydosKevin NaStuart ApplebyWoody AustinScott VerplankBrandt SnedekerJohn RollinsProbably more, just a quick glance at it.Certainly not the greatest field, but plenty of good players. Problem is, Tiger is in another world.

He improved to 36-1 when he has the outright lead after 54 holes. Woods has four wins this season—twice as many as anyone else on the PGA Tour—in just 11 starts since returning from knee surgery.

He moved into first place in the FedEx Cup standings and padded his lead on the money list with another $918,000 after tying Vijay Singh’s record of three Buick Open titles.

With the 69 wins, he trails just Jack Nicklaus (73) and Sam Snead (82).

Woods reached victory No. 69 at the age 33 years, 7 seven months—almost seven years quicker than Nicklaus and eight years sooner than Snead.

He said the growing collection of trophies is “all over the place,” including his house and his mother’s.

Since the 2006 British Open, Woods has won 21 of 39 starts on the PGA Tour.

Woods, playing for the first time since missing the cut at the British Open in July, got off to a brutal start at the Buick Open. He shot a 71 in the first round and said it was probably the worst putting performance of his career, leading to him skipping his post-round practice session because he was so mad.

It only added to his legacy because he went from a tie for 95th to a victory, the largest jump he’s made from the first round in a tournament he ended up winning.

Woods roared back into contention with the best five-hole start of his career—beginning 6 under in the second round—en route to a 9-under 63 for his best score in relation to par in four years. His 65 in the third round gave him a one-shot lead into Sunday.

The three-shot victory was his most lopsided since winning the 2008 Buick Invitational by eight.

“He’s just laughing at all of us,” Letzig said. “I wish he’d stop coming to the tournaments I’m coming to. Seriously, though, I love it.”
http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/news?slug...p&type=lgns

Just looking at the leaderboard, I see some familiar names like Justin Leonard (World #32), Jim Furyk (World #10), Chad Campbell (World #55), Rory Sabbatini (World #38), Stuart Appleby, Rocco Mediate, Paul Goydos (World #68), and John Senden (World #89).
Using FedEx Cup points prior to the event here are the rankings of some:2 Tiger8 Brian Gay11 Nick Watney15 Jim Furyk16 Sabatini22 Kevin Na28 Y.E. Yang+ another 15 in the top 60

As far as the theroy that the mic wasn't on them...once it was tigers turn to shoot, the mic was right there and the audio was exactly as I had heard it during the fart time. Neither annoncer missed a beat after it occured which seems highly unlikely.

While Tiger winning this thing is somewhat impressive, it's about the same level of achievement as an NFL team beating the Detroit Lions last year.
Pulled up the new rankings, eh? Because I noticed Senden (the only one who was ever in contention; Sabbatini's late run was too little too late) moved up 18 spots. None of the names you quoted who are top 100 were ever within a country mile of challenging for the win.At the beginning of the coverage CBS put up these numbers in a graphic:

Official World Golf Rankings

Top of the Leaderboard

Tiger Woods 1
Michael Letzig 200
John Senden 107
Matt Bettencourt 119
Vaughn Taylor 319
Charles Warren 343
Greg Chalmers 251
Jimmy Walker 582http://www.geoffshackelford.com/storage/20...uickOWGR.jpg?__

That would be a stout field for the Nationwide Tour.

Anyway, nice win for Tiger, and glad to see him support the Buick in its last edition (51 years and now its gone). They are no longer his sponsor, and Warwick Hills needed him a lot more than vice versa - kudos for showing some loyalty.

Should win this week since he often dominates at Firestone; can't wait for the PGA, hoping he gets number 15.

considering 100 or so signed up and the tour card pretty much means you are at least top 200 material I don't think I even have to look. Maybe top 10?
Yea, you're right, it was top 10.

Users who are viewing this thread