What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger Woods (3 Viewers)

BTW, was Fin fishing here, or is this legit? Every now and then we see serious Fin come out, and it feels like it's been him in this thread. If so, biggest swing and miss of his iCareer.

BTW, was Fin fishing here, or is this legit? Every now and then we see serious Fin come out, and it feels like it's been him in this thread. If so, biggest swing and miss of his iCareer.
He was serious, but is now diligently working on transitioning this failed thread to shtick.Besides, per Finless, this isn't a major. :goodposting:

I think Tiger may be back. I'm not convinced quite yet. I was serious with this thread. Maybe I'm just crazy 88% of my threads that are serious are dismissed as fishing.

An 8 iron 180 to a flag stick that is sucker placed and requires a 175 yard carry, and he not only sticks it, but spins it back to the hole. He's playing a game none of the rest of us are familiar with.

An 8 iron 180 to a flag stick that is sucker placed and requires a 175 yard carry, and he not only sticks it, but spins it back to the hole. He's playing a game none of the rest of us are familiar with.
Another ounce of roll and it would have dropped IMO.

Yep. That's crazy, that he can, with one shot, rip the guy's heart out. A guy who's been winning majors. Love watching that stuff - never seen anything like it.

how does he just decide to hit an 8 iron 15 yards farther AND higher than normal? Does he know some kind of physics that I dont?

I think Tiger may be back. I'm not convinced quite yet. I was serious with this thread. Maybe I'm just crazy 88% of my threads that are serious are dismissed as fishing.
I think 12% may be a little high.Either way, the shark move would be to stick with calling this one shtick:
He's done. He'll be competitive but he lost the fear factor. Looks like The Gold Bear might be out of the woods.
He looks defeated out there.
Lots of denial in this thread. Remember Mike Tyson? How long did it take for some people to let go?
None of this sarcasm changes the fact that Tiger isn't the golfer he used to be. ...his swing has gone to ####.

Last edited by a moderator:
IIRC, last time tiger missed a cut at a Major, he ran off 7 straight wins.

[green tiger]

Dont make me angry, you wouldnt like me when i'm angry

[/green tiger]

how does he just decide to hit an 8 iron 15 yards farther AND higher than normal? Does he know some kind of physics that I dont?
I believe the answer the second question that he knows a whole bunch of things about the physics of a golf swing none of the rest of us do. Including the other millionaires he's playing against week to week.

Fin

I was out playing in a tournament today - and didn't catch the Tiger-Paddy showdown, so what happened? He was down like 3 or something wasn't he?

FinI was out playing in a tournament today - and didn't catch the Tiger-Paddy showdown, so what happened? He was down like 3 or something wasn't he?
Here's a shortened version:They were neck and neck, and on 16 I think it was, they're kind of scrambling, punching out of the ruff on each of their second shots, when Woods hits a remarkable 8-iron from 180, over the water, and spins it back directly at the hole, for a tap-in. He found another 15 yards in that club, and almost hit the blimp.A shaken Harrington then flies the green, and chips it over the flag, right into the drink. The end.

FinI was out playing in a tournament today - and didn't catch the Tiger-Paddy showdown, so what happened? He was down like 3 or something wasn't he?
Here's a shortened version:They were neck and neck, and on 16 I think it was, they're kind of scrambling, punching out of the ruff on each of their second shots, when Woods hits a remarkable 8-iron from 180, over the water, and spins it back directly at the hole, for a tap-in. He found another 15 yards in that club, and almost hit the blimp.A shaken Harrington then flies the green, and chips it over the flag, right into the drink. The end.
:thumbup: A successful catch here, just not from the intended target.

If he ca manage to shoot something under par this Thursday, he will likely win. He played well there when Beemer won. So, as long as he doesn't shoot himself out of the tourney in the first round, he looks to be a solid bet this week.

:X A successful catch here, just not from the intended target.
:lmao:

Announcers were making a pretty big deal out of the fact that they were put on the clock. I don't think that was as big a deal as they say. Unless that is why Tiger went out of turn.

Users who are viewing this thread