What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger Woods (2 Viewers)

I'm going to bed, fellas.

drummer, the bet still stands if you want to put your money where your mouth is. Otherwise, keep it shut.
Take the bet with Otis or leave the thread. You can't make another bet without taking his.
What? why can't he?
Because Otis layed a bet with him. Junior posted a dumb bet to avoid the one with Otis. If he was betting me against Tiger winning a Major this year, than that's a proper bet.

Right?
You're almost as insane as he is. His bet has something to do with finding a post of his on the internet -- it may be really, really stupid, but it has nothing to do with his skulking away from the bet I offered him.

drummer, the bet still stands if you want to put your money where your mouth is. Otherwise, keep it shut.
Take the bet with Otis or leave the thread. You can't make another bet without taking his.
What? why can't he?
Because Otis layed a bet with him. Junior posted a dumb bet to avoid the one with Otis. If he was betting me against Tiger winning a Major this year, than that's a proper bet.

Right?
You're almost as insane as he is. His bet has something to do with finding a post of his on the internet -- it may be really, really stupid, but it has nothing to do with his skulking away from the bet I offered him.
I've been telling him to take your bet this whole time. Instead, he want's to bet me instead of you.

PS: he still won't take your bet.

Highlights of the past 24 hours:

Otis making a bet.

Junior avoiding bet.

John Bender messing his pants.

Way to go fellas..

JuniorNB,

Tiger is dominating the tour this year. You are saying he will win at least one of the next three majors.

How is that "done"?

What I'm trying to say only the way a gentleman can is, pay the #### up or shut the ###% up.

Smooches,

Oats

PS... Nobody here gives a crap about Tiger's character you nerd. We like watching him because he's a calculating cold blooded killer on the golf course. He lives to win. And it's pretty awesome to watch as a sports fan. This isn't an episode of Silver Spoon, and there's no moral other than it's fun to watch awesome talent and complete dedication to a craft merging to absolutely dominate a sport.
Now he want's to bet 1K with me, while avoiding your bet with him.

I don't even know what the hell his bet with me would entail. I think Tiger can win a Major this year. If he is betting against that, then why not make that bet with you?
Maybe go back and read his post and you would understand.
Again, I think Tiger can and will win a Major this season. I dunno what your bet with me would be. Unless you're betting againt Tiger winning a Major, which is what Otis layed 1K on you.

You're just a freakin' mess here.

Take Otis' bet, or leave the thread.
Ma'am. Are you drunk or just very unintelligent? I ALSO THINK TIGER WILL WIN A MAJOR. I MADE THAT CLAIM SIX MONTHS AGO. What are you having trouble wrapping your head around?
So you're bet with me is that you posted that Tiger would win a Major. That's some bet. It's like Finless betting me that he posted he was done, and can prove it!

While Finless is wrong more often than not, you do have to concede that if he meant Tiger was done winning majors, he still could be correct.
That's exactly the bet I'm offering. Can't seem to find a taker. Weird right?
Wouldn't you first need to find someone who claimed he'd never win another major? I've yet to see anyone make that claim.

See, your little strategy is very transparent. You are frustrated because you've been running your mouth for five years about your sacred Tiger being back. But no matter how well he plays and no matter how many rinky dink tournaments he wins, your boy just can't win the ones that matter. So all the guys you troll when he's winning the Mens Warehouse Invitational tournaments rub it in your face and remind you that he can't claim to be what he once was if he can't even win one of the four tournaments that matter. So your defense mechanism is to offer a ridiculous bet in an attempt to make them stop teasing you. And then when they naturally decline, you think that means they can't continue to remind you that he's not yet back to where he used to be. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. No one here in all of these pages ever made the claim he wouldn't win another major. No one.

JuniorNB,

Tiger is dominating the tour this year. You are saying he will win at least one of the next three majors.

How is that "done"?

What I'm trying to say only the way a gentleman can is, pay the #### up or shut the ###% up.

Smooches,

Oats

PS... Nobody here gives a crap about Tiger's character you nerd. We like watching him because he's a calculating cold blooded killer on the golf course. He lives to win. And it's pretty awesome to watch as a sports fan. This isn't an episode of Silver Spoon, and there's no moral other than it's fun to watch awesome talent and complete dedication to a craft merging to absolutely dominate a sport.
Now he want's to bet 1K with me, while avoiding your bet with him.

I don't even know what the hell his bet with me would entail. I think Tiger can win a Major this year. If he is betting against that, then why not make that bet with you?
Maybe go back and read his post and you would understand.
Again, I think Tiger can and will win a Major this season. I dunno what your bet with me would be. Unless you're betting againt Tiger winning a Major, which is what Otis layed 1K on you.

You're just a freakin' mess here.

Ma'am. Are you drunk or just very unintelligent? I ALSO THINK TIGER WILL WIN A MAJOR. I MADE THAT CLAIM SIX MONTHS AGO. What are you having trouble wrapping your head around?
So you're bet with me is that you posted that Tiger would win a Major. That's some bet. It's like Finless betting me that he posted he was done, and can prove it!

While Finless is wrong more often than not, you do have to concede that if he meant Tiger was done winning majors, he still could be correct.
That's exactly the bet I'm offering. Can't seem to find a taker. Weird right?
Wouldn't you first need to find someone who claimed he'd never win another major? I've yet to see anyone make that claim.

See, your little strategy is very transparent. You are frustrated because you've been running your mouth for five years about your sacred Tiger being back. But no matter how well he plays and no matter how many rinky dink tournaments he wins, your boy just can't win the ones that matter. So all the guys you troll when he's winning the Mens Warehouse Invitational tournaments rub it in your face and remind you that he can't claim to be what he once was if he can't even win one of the four tournaments that matter. So your defense mechanism is to offer a ridiculous bet in an attempt to make them stop teasing you. And then when they naturally decline, you think that means they can't continue to remind you that he's not yet back to where he used to be. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. No one here in all of these pages ever made the claim he wouldn't win another major. No one.
and yet you still won't take his bet...

What? why can't he?
Because little drummer boy thinks he's some kind of boss or something. LOL Imagine that! Him!!
He's one of the weirdest people I've encountered here. I try not to engage him but I saw him chickening out of a bet with you and felt obliged.

What? why can't he?
Because little drummer boy thinks he's some kind of boss or something. LOL Imagine that! Him!!
He's one of the weirdest people I've encountered here. I try not to engage him but I saw him chickening out of a bet with you and felt obliged.
That's because he's all mouth. He won't bet me. Too much of a sissy

What? why can't he?
What's weird is you bringing sex into this.

What? why can't he?
Thought you were going to bed?

What? why can't he?
I thought maybe you'd grow a pair and accept the bet, Mouth. I guess not.

What? why can't he?
I thought maybe you'd grow a pair and accept the bet, Mouth. I guess not.
So you're up thinking about my fruitbag?

Goldman Sachs weighs in.

If you're skeptical Tiger Woods is truly back to being the world's greatest player, don't obsess over the final result of the Masters.Tiger Woods played very well, and it's clear he's going to break his major drought this year.It will either happen at the U.S. Open at Merion or it will be at the Open Championship at Muirfield. It's possible he wins both. Woods lost the Masters because his putting was off ever so slightly. Plus, he clanked an approach shot off the 15th hole's flagstick in his second round. If you remove that clank, he wins.His driving and ball striking were good. His short game was excellent, and his putting was good enough. (If his putting was excellent, he would have won despite the clank.) Golf is a fickle game. One wrong club, or in this case, wrong shot, and the round (or tournament) can be ruined.Woods is not going to have the same sort of fluky shot plague him at the other two majors. Unless he gets hurt, or his putter goes truly cold, his game is good enough to win on the biggest stages, once again. And he will.

I know majors are the measuring stick but I nearly enjoy any tournament he wins. Screw the majors and enjoy the domination. Any tournament win is huge. Winning a handful each year is incredible.

It's odd that JuniorNB agrees El Tigre will win a major this year yet he's getting bagged for not making a bet to the contrary. I'm the only idiot here who's going to be out $500.00. :kicksrock:

It's odd that JuniorNB agrees El Tigre will win a major this year yet he's getting bagged for not making a bet to the contrary. I'm the only idiot here who's going to be out $500.00.
Actually, he is getting bagged for going on and on and on about how Finless was right...then claiming a guy who is done may win 1 or 2 majors this year.

He is talking out of both sides of his mouth (something not new with newbie).

at drummer in here. When you sober up go back and read the last few pages and maybe you will start to understand something that currently eludes your grasp.

This whole thread should get axed. If/when Tiger does win his next major, this thread could cause the entire innernets to implode.

So I guess we don't talk about it anymore when Rory is +6? It's just sort of "well, he's as good as Tiger, but hey Tiger's still not winning majors so they're about the same."

What a sham.

And don't get me started on the PhilNerds.

Rory's psyche is way more fragile than Tiger's. No Green Beret father toughening him up growing up. The equipment threw him off and now he's lost confidence even in his putting. He's a hot mess. But will absolutely be back. WAY too great a player to go Duval. Duval also drastically changed his body, dealt with an injury and more importantly vertigo, hated the circus around the game, and got sick of it all for a bit. He was also older a good bit older than Rory when his collapse happened. Terrible comparison.

Rory's psyche is way more fragile than Tiger's. No Green Beret father toughening him up growing up. The equipment threw him off and now he's lost confidence even in his putting. He's a hot mess. But will absolutely be back. WAY too great a player to go Duval. Duval also drastically changed his body, dealt with an injury and more importantly vertigo, hated the circus around the game, and got sick of it all for a bit. He was also older a good bit older than Rory when his collapse happened. Terrible comparison.
You might want to relax.

You might want to relax.
Outside of the Green Beret Father hyperbole, it's pretty accurate about Duval.

Any comparison's with Rory in anything at this time is pretty stupid. Rory is still a bit of a streaky player. But when he locks in a course, that course is done.

You might want to relax.
Nah, I'm good thanks. The world isn't all snipey one-liners internet cool guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, Rory doesn't have to win a major to be "back" like Tiger does. If he goes out and wins 4 tourneys before the end of the year people will say that Rory is as good as he ever was.

It's pretty clear Rory doesn't trust his new equipment yet, but his swing is still one of the purest in golf and he'll find it soon IMO.

zoonation said:
Rory is struggling for sure. But he is an all-world talent and he'll be back.
Like Tiger?
Lol. Yeah, like Tiger.I don't think it'll take him five years though;)
Well...to be fair, Rory doesn't really have the distance to go to be "back" that Tiger did. I'd hope it doesn't take him 5 years to get "back".
Let's hope he doesn't get injured and have a major and very public implosion in his personal life.

But yeah he's way closer to "back" than Tiger was, possibly because Rory was never half the golfer Tiger was at his peak.

But I get it, he's young and cool and has a mop top. RORS!

zoonation said:
Rory is struggling for sure. But he is an all-world talent and he'll be back.
Like Tiger?
Lol. Yeah, like Tiger.I don't think it'll take him five years though;)
Well...to be fair, Rory doesn't really have the distance to go to be "back" that Tiger did. I'd hope it doesn't take him 5 years to get "back".
And a complete swing change. Let's hope he doesn't get injured and have a major and very public implosion in his personal life. But yeah he's way closer to "back" than Tiger was, possibly because Rory was never half the golfer Tiger was at his peak. But I get it, he's young and cool and has a mop top. RORS!

You might want to relax.
Nah, I'm good thanks. The world isn't all snipey one-liners internet cool guy.
Plenty of time for serious business, hand job.

I'm puzzled because after reading the postings in this thread lately, with Tiger being back and all, I expected to see him leading the Memorial by 7 strokes. Right now, almost halfway through the second day, he's tied for 64th. Is he leading from behind?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm puzzled because after reading the postings in this thread lately, with Tiger being back and all, I expected to see him leading the Memorial by 7 strokes. Right now, almost halfway through the second day, he's tied for 64th. Is he leading from behind?
65th...he is +2 today.

Though...did you think he would win and dominate every tournament?

That...and have we not all read from the haters is that these tournaments don't matter right? Or do they only not matter when he wins?

Users who are viewing this thread