What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger Woods (5 Viewers)

bushdocda said:
I for one think its fun to watch TW grimace after every shot.
Have you ever seen a player grimace after every shot an play several holes? A lot of times people leave the course without any grimacing. If there's a grimace, usually they are done right away. Tiger is the only one who does this. He's being dramatic, it doesn't affect him that much unless you see him lose 10+yds of distance or start spraying the ball everywhere.
He's laying the groundwork for his excuse if he doesn't win.
Loser's Limp. I don't think this detracts him much from his game though as at this point it has become a part of him and comes naturally.

bushdocda said:
Have you ever seen a player grimace after every shot an play several holes? A lot of times people leave the course without any grimacing. If there's a grimace, usually they are done right away. Tiger is the only one who does this. He's being dramatic, it doesn't affect him that much unless you see him lose 10+yds of distance or start spraying the ball everywhere.
He's laying the groundwork for his excuse if he doesn't win.
Loser's Limp. I don't think this detracts him much from his game though as at this point it has become a part of him and comes naturally.
Dwayne Wade does it too. It's sickening, but everyone's used to it now.

Yeah...its not as if he really is ever hurt right?

Is he playing it for what its worth a bit...probably.

But he was doing it yesterday while playing one of the better rounds of the day to get himself back into it.

I wish he'd lose the goatee and start going for it here. You get the sense he's playing conservative just to hang around.

I wish he'd lose the goatee and start going for it here. You get the sense he's playing conservative just to hang around.
He can't hit a putt on the right line today. Like not even close. He's out of this tourney. So many guys playing better.Edit: turn the lights out. Bogey on 10 is giving 1.5 shots away

Last edited by a moderator:
JuniorNB said:
Love him, hate him, or indifferent to him, tournaments are 100% better when Woods is in contention on the weekends. There is no debate about this.
So without Tiger, you would quit watching golf?
I'd certainly watch a lot less.
Exactly. If tiger is still six strokes and fifteen players behind tomorrow, I won't be planning my day in front of the TV. If he was within a stroke or two, I would do just that.
Luckily Phil is still right there.

JuniorNB said:
Love him, hate him, or indifferent to him, tournaments are 100% better when Woods is in contention on the weekends. There is no debate about this.
Exactly. If tiger is still six strokes and fifteen players behind tomorrow, I won't be planning my day in front of the TV. If he was within a stroke or two, I would do just that.
Heroic

JuniorNB said:
Heroic
Not as heroic as Tiger continuing on with a total separation of his wrist.

bushdocda said:
You're right....guys usually just quit when something like a tooth hurts.
He has to stop that if he wants to win. No excuses.
He could be a little more subtle, but Haters claimed he was faking at Torrey too.
I don't think he is faking pain, I think he is exaggerating for the cameras. You cannot play golf at a high level if your arm hurts so bad it makes you grimace for a solid minute. Seriously, you'd drop at least a club of distance.

that fear factors we have all grown up witnessing is gone. shell of his former self and really sad that his rumpswabs here don't see it. majors are what count. that's it and that's all. same as tennis, and same as cricket. fear factor = lost. finless = a ####### god

bushdocda said:
He could be a little more subtle, but Haters claimed he was faking at Torrey too.
I don't think he is faking pain, I think he is exaggerating for the cameras. You cannot play golf at a high level if your arm hurts so bad it makes you grimace for a solid minute. Seriously, you'd drop at least a club of distance.
Not when the pain is coming after impact.

bushdocda said:
It only hurts hitting from the rough...I've had wrist pain that I only feel on high-drag shots. Clean contact off the tee or fairway doesn't have enough impact.

No way he is faking it. After all the hoopla of the first round he put te arm behind his back to try to hide the pain.

No doubt there is an issue there.

Doesn't explain the awful putting though. Tiger got lapped today. By several guys.

When people look back and think of gruesome injuries of 2013, they'll think of Louisville's Kevin Ware's and Tiger Wood's at the US Open.

Phil Mickelson signing autographs right now, after playing a 5 and a half hour round. No other players out there.
This guy has completely changed his earlier petulant brat image. Good for him.
Image, maybe. He's apparently still a petulant brat.
You might see it differently if you pulled your nose out of Tiger's ###.
I couldn't care less about the guy. Honestly, I don't like him. I just end up defending him because just about all of the "haters" on this board babble endlessly while having no idea what they're talking about.

And I might see it differently if I didn't have friends who have had encounters with Phil Mickelson. He's an ####### who wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire without media within reach. Yet if people here started talking out their ### inaccurately about Phil, and I knew the facts to be different, I would say so.

And I might see it differently if I didn't have friends who have had encounters with Phil Mickelson. He's an ####### who wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire without media within reach.
I'm like that too and I'm no multimillionaire . :shrug:

As long as he's being good to people in public, that's good enough for me. It's a big step up from where he was.

Phil Mickelson signing autographs right now, after playing a 5 and a half hour round. No other players out there.
This guy has completely changed his earlier petulant brat image. Good for him.
Image, maybe. He's apparently still a petulant brat.
You might see it differently if you pulled your nose out of Tiger's ###.
I couldn't care less about the guy. Honestly, I don't like him. I just end up defending him because just about all of the "haters" on this board babble endlessly while having no idea what they're talking about.
Looks like another major coming and going where the haters know exactly what they're talking about. Also, a large percentage of Phil bashers happen to be Tiger warshippers. No coincidence. There

Users who are viewing this thread