What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tiger Woods (3 Viewers)

Do me a favor and delete that. It was a bad idea. It's somebody else's story who doesn't deserve to potentially be exposed, unknowingly.

Last edited by a moderator:
proninja said:
If any of you dorks want to stop the catfight and talk about golf, I thought this was pretty interesting. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-devil-ball-golf/watch-evolution-tiger-woods-golf-swing-1978-present-154938704.html Give me 2000 any day. Very on plane. Pretty much textbook. He got flatter after that and seemed to hold onto the shot instead of releasing the club through. Now he seems a lot more upright.
He needs to go back to the '78 swing. He was hitting it pretty straight.

It's crazy how shut at the top he was when he was younger. That lineup is kind of silly without 2007, when he was at his flattest.

Just amazed at how poor his chipping was. The greens were slower and we was giving them too much respect. Short on chips, short on putts, so worried about flying it by that he was decelerating and chunking chips. I do all of that - don't expect it from him. Very disappointing.

that fear factors we have all grown up witnessing is gone. shell of his former self and really sad that his rumpswabs here don't see it. majors are what count. that's it and that's all. same as tennis, and same as cricket. fear factor = lost. finless = a ####### god
If majors are the only thing that count, people wouldn't claim Jones, Snead or Hogan as the best players ever.

And I might see it differently if I didn't have friends who have had encounters with Phil Mickelson. He's an ####### who wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire without media within reach. Yet if people here started talking out their ### inaccurately about Phil, and I knew the facts to be different, I would say so.
How much money have you lost on Tiger Woods?

And I might see it differently if I didn't have friends who have had encounters with Phil Mickelson. He's an ####### who wouldn't piss on you if you were on fire without media within reach. Yet if people here started talking out their ### inaccurately about Phil, and I knew the facts to be different, I would say so.
And Tiger is a real peach to be around.

Apple Jack is full of ####

I don't think anyone is saying that.

Both seem to be #####. But one has the better image because of signing a lot of autographs. Yes, that part is what matters to most fans.

Just amazed at how poor his chipping was. The greens were slower and we was giving them too much respect. Short on chips, short on putts, so worried about flying it by that he was decelerating and chunking chips. I do all of that - don't expect it from him. Very disappointing.
HIs confidence was totally rattled, and it showed in his play.

The debate needs to shift at this point from will Tiger break Jack's record to will he ever win another major.
You can find plenty of that here too.

Jack's record is still the Q for me though, unless his body completely falls apart. Woods will get something like another 15 majors on courses he loves before he's just old to compete regularly. Augusta every year and then the rotational courses several times as well (Pebble, Torrey, St. Andrews, etc.). Very long odds he doesn't take at least one of those.

The debate needs to shift at this point from will Tiger break Jack's record to will he ever win another major.

Jack's record is still the Q for me though, unless his body completely falls apart. Woods will get something like another 15 majors on courses he loves before he's just old to compete regularly. Augusta every year and then the rotational courses several times as well (Pebble, Torrey, St. Andrews, etc.). Very long odds he doesn't take at least one of those.
Besides ANGC, a couple courses next year fit the bill for the Open and the PGA - Hoylake and Valhalla.

The Open returns to St Andrews in 2015, but that's it as far as courses he's won at until the 2017 PGA at Quail Hollow.

Nothing favorably about the 2018 lineup (Tiger will be 42), then back to Pebble for 2019.

future Major venues

Hard to see him breaking Jack's record at this point. Not sure he can win another major - at some point all the greats stopped winning, but remained top 5 competitive for many, many years.

very possible if he's been on steroids. Also haven't people said his knee will be done with the type of swing he has?

I think Tiger still has the physical tools to win more majors. The question now is whether he is mentally up to it. The fact of not winning for 5 years, and the fact that he seems to have mental lapses in his game may indicate some underlying problem. His putting was atrocious yesterday, and it wasn't just the fact that the greens were slow. He was missing putts at 2 or 3 feet.

If it makes Tiger feel any better, Sergio Garcia is two strokes behind him at +11.
Sergio hit 3 straight shots OB on #15 while carding a 10. Woods 76 was one shot worse than Garcia today.
funny, Sergio has played 15 at 10 over par. If he were even, he'd be +1 going into today.
Why the heck is his caddy not imploring him to hit it down the right side, which is no picnic, but not blowing 2 strokes every time you hit it off the tee? Or hit a few five irons or whatever and play for a bogey. He would still be in it at +4.

proninja said:
If any of you dorks want to stop the catfight and talk about golf, I thought this was pretty interesting. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/golf-devil-ball-golf/watch-evolution-tiger-woods-golf-swing-1978-present-154938704.html Give me 2000 any day. Very on plane. Pretty much textbook. He got flatter after that and seemed to hold onto the shot instead of releasing the club through. Now he seems a lot more upright.
Also seems to have removed some lower body rotation.

I love that they are still showing him missing shots all over the track. It's like watching Johnny Unitas stumbling around in a Chargers uniform.

Why does he bother to wear red anymore on Sunday? He ought to come out with octopus pants or something.

Users who are viewing this thread