Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

live Grateful Dead

Remember back when the first set was longer than the set break?

I'm starting to worry.

trey made a run for it. prepare for bruce hornsby on lead guitar. or todd from hayward.

I think they're great. We're not watching to hear album quality performances. This isn't a 2015 Paul McCartney concert

2nd set is a jam fest so far

set list has phil's ego written all over it. they're going chronilogically. which is backwards, because you need chemistry to play primal dead. though this has been significantly better than the first set.

Edited by Apple Jack

SET 1 Truckin’ Uncle John’s Band Alligator > Cumberland Blues Born Cross Eyed Cream Puff War (Trey singing) Viola Lee Blues
SET 2That's it for The Other One> Cryptical> Dark Star> St. Stephen> The Eleven> Lovelight> Drums> What’s Become of the Baby> Space> Other One> Morning Dew
E. Casey Jones (Bruce Hornsby singing)

Highlights were, to me, St. Stephen (mostly), Morning Dew, and Casey Jones and I really enjoyed Drums. Highlights should have been Uncle John's Band, Viola Lee Blues, The Other One and The Eleven.

Trey saved this show. His guitar was solid when he was given the freedom to play. Bob had his moments and Phil did not.

Need less Phil, more Bruce and more Trey. Jesus, let Trey sing a song.

Highlights were, to me, St. Stephen (mostly), Morning Dew, and Casey Jones and I really enjoyed Drums. Highlights should have been Uncle John's Band, Viola Lee Blues, The Other One and The Eleven.

Trey saved this show. His guitar was solid when he was given the freedom to play. Bob had his moments and Phil did not.

Need less Phil, more Bruce and more Trey. Jesus, let Trey sing a song.

Trey doesn't want to overshadow the original members. He's in a supporting role and being respectful to the band and the fans.

Wild setlist do far. Alligator and Cram Puff War? Not expected. Agree, let Trey loose. I'm amped,mostly nostalgia. Temper expectations maybe.

they threw the temper expectations excuse out the window when they invoked the grateful dead name and charged $200 a ticket and made lottery "winners" take obstructed view seats as "best available" in the first of many on sale dates. then released tickets repeatedly since, including pit tickets multiple times over the last week. the hardcore fans were the ones who were on top of it early and they were the ones stuck with garbage seats because that was all they released early. i know of many, not a few, many, who ended up with more than one ticket because of that. garcia has been rolling over in his grave for months. discraceful at every turn. the least they could have done was rehearse enough to not do THAT. So bad.

i agree.

just bought my parking pass for today. $60 with a $14 fee, which has an additional $4.25 handling fee. $80 to park. JFC.

There is a FBGer who went to the show last night and had himself a bad acid trip. I will leave it to him if he wants to post the details but the little I've heard so far was pretty funny.

Gotta be JTC. Looking forward to hearing the story.

AJack - post the link to the MLB feed. I bought it, but when I tried to "redeem" last night, my iPad kept going to the purchase page.

I'm on Catalina, so hoping to catch bits and pieces while the family is in and out tonight.