Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

live Grateful Dead


Recommended Posts

  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, shuke said:

Was the opener of my first show, just a few months earlier on this tour.

Also the opener of one of my favorite shows. Cal State Dominguez Hills 5-5-90. Hotter than hell that day and trippin out on all the horses with cops attached to their backs. Such a great opening tune.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

Tour announced.  

I'd love to do a Deer Creek/Wrigley trip again and Blossom again, but with all of our other travel planned will probably be limited to Cincinnati.

 

 

August 16 – Raleigh, NC @ Coastal Credit Union Music Park
August 18 – Bristow, VA @ Jiffy Lube Live
August 20 – New York, NY @ Citi Field
August 21 – Philadelphia, PA @ Citizens Bank Park
August 23 – Bethel, NY @ Bethel Woods Center for the Arts
August 25 – Darien, NY @ Darien Lake Amphitheater
August 27 – Saratoga Springs, NY @ Saratoga Performing Arts Center
August 28 – Hershey, PA @ Hersheypark Stadium
September 2 – Mansfield, MA @ Xfinity Center
September 3 – Mansfield, MA @ Xfinity Center
September 5 – Hartford, CT @ The Xfinity Theatre
September 7 – Cuyahoga Falls, OH @ Blossom Music Center
September 10 – Clarkston, MI @ DTE Energy Music Theatre
September 11 – Cincinnati, OH @ Riverbend Music Center
September 13 – Maryland Heights, MO @ Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre STL
September 15 – Noblesville, IN @ Ruoff Music Center
September 17 – Chicago, IL @ Wrigley Field
September 18 – Chicago, IL @ Wrigley Field
October 6 – West Palm Beach, FL @ iTHINK Financial Amphitheatre
October 7 – Tampa, FL @ MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Amphitheatre
October 11 – Charlotte, NC @ PNC Music Pavilion
October 12 – Atlanta, GA @ Cellairis Amphitheatre at Lakewood
October 14 – Dallas, TX @ Dos Equis Pavilion
October 15 – Woodlands, TX @ Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion Presented by Huntsman
October 22 – Greenwood Village, CO @ Fiddler’s Green Amphitheater
October 23 – Greenwood Village, CO @ Fiddler’s Green Amphitheater
October 25 – Phoenix, AZ @ Ak-Chin Pavilion
October 27 – San Diego, CA @ North Island Credit Union Amphitheatre
October 29 – Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Bowl
October 30 – Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Bowl
October 31 – Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Bowl

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, shuke said:

Tour announced.  

I'd love to do a Deer Creek/Wrigley trip again and Blossom again, but with all of our other travel planned will probably be limited to Cincinnati.

 

 

August 16 – Raleigh, NC @ Coastal Credit Union Music Park
August 18 – Bristow, VA @ Jiffy Lube Live
August 20 – New York, NY @ Citi Field
August 21 – Philadelphia, PA @ Citizens Bank Park
August 23 – Bethel, NY @ Bethel Woods Center for the Arts
August 25 – Darien, NY @ Darien Lake Amphitheater
August 27 – Saratoga Springs, NY @ Saratoga Performing Arts Center
August 28 – Hershey, PA @ Hersheypark Stadium
September 2 – Mansfield, MA @ Xfinity Center
September 3 – Mansfield, MA @ Xfinity Center
September 5 – Hartford, CT @ The Xfinity Theatre
September 7 – Cuyahoga Falls, OH @ Blossom Music Center
September 10 – Clarkston, MI @ DTE Energy Music Theatre
September 11 – Cincinnati, OH @ Riverbend Music Center
September 13 – Maryland Heights, MO @ Hollywood Casino Amphitheatre STL
September 15 – Noblesville, IN @ Ruoff Music Center
September 17 – Chicago, IL @ Wrigley Field
September 18 – Chicago, IL @ Wrigley Field
October 6 – West Palm Beach, FL @ iTHINK Financial Amphitheatre
October 7 – Tampa, FL @ MIDFLORIDA Credit Union Amphitheatre
October 11 – Charlotte, NC @ PNC Music Pavilion
October 12 – Atlanta, GA @ Cellairis Amphitheatre at Lakewood
October 14 – Dallas, TX @ Dos Equis Pavilion
October 15 – Woodlands, TX @ Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pavilion Presented by Huntsman
October 22 – Greenwood Village, CO @ Fiddler’s Green Amphitheater
October 23 – Greenwood Village, CO @ Fiddler’s Green Amphitheater
October 25 – Phoenix, AZ @ Ak-Chin Pavilion
October 27 – San Diego, CA @ North Island Credit Union Amphitheatre
October 29 – Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Bowl
October 30 – Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Bowl
October 31 – Los Angeles, CA @ Hollywood Bowl

Jesus that's three tours

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, shuke said:

They've had plenty of rest.

Love it. Still haven't seen them and the second show of the tour at the ####tiest venue in my area ain't happening. But might aim for something a little deeper in the tour. Just to have caught the Mayer band. Some of the tempos are still insurmountable for me but I think I can live with it for the experience. They have their moments.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Apple Jack said:

Love it. Still haven't seen them and the second show of the tour at the ####tiest venue in my area ain't happening. But might aim for something a little deeper in the tour. Just to have caught the Mayer band. Some of the tempos are still insurmountable for me but I think I can live with it for the experience. They have their moments.

Once you're there, back in the experience, you won't notice the tempo.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, DEADHEAD said:

No Bay Area. Hmm.

Right. There has to be something in the works along the lines of Golden Gate Park/30 nights at Marin Civic/Altamont/etc.

ETA: But rest assured, Sammy Hagar will rear his face to wreck something magical.

Edited by Apple Jack
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think I am going to try to make the trip to Cincinnati this round since it is a Saturday night show.  I live near Blossom, but don't want to try to navigate work the next day, nor do I want to burn up a day off for it.  Also hoping my buddy who lives in Lexington, KY will join me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/13/2021 at 11:38 PM, shuke said:

Once you're there, back in the experience, you won't notice the tempo.

Until Bob screws it up, but hey, that's just part of the experience...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Galileo said:

I think I am going to try to make the trip to Cincinnati this round since it is a Saturday night show.  I live near Blossom, but don't want to try to navigate work the next day, nor do I want to burn up a day off for it.  Also hoping my buddy who lives in Lexington, KY will join me.

Dude, Blossom >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Riverbend.  That's worth a vacation day.

But, if you come down let me know.  :hifive: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What’s everyone’s opinion on GA PIT this year. I get they say it’s for vaxxed only. No way they can control that. Maybe things will be better in the fall, but even being vaxxed, the idea of being butts to nuts with thousands of people is a mental hurdle for me right now. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, shuke said:

Dude, Blossom >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Riverbend.  That's worth a vacation day.

But, if you come down let me know.  :hifive: 

I've been to Blossom more times than I can count over the years since high school.  Never been to Riverbend.  So while I don't doubt your assessment, I also don't mind new experiences.  How bad can it be?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Galileo said:

I've been to Blossom more times than I can count over the years since high school.  Never been to Riverbend.  So while I don't doubt your assessment, I also don't mind new experiences.  How bad can it be?

How show are the tempos? ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Galileo said:

I've been to Blossom more times than I can count over the years since high school.  Never been to Riverbend.  So while I don't doubt your assessment, I also don't mind new experiences.  How bad can it be?

I'd highly suggest pavilion.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, shuke said:

I'd highly suggest pavilion.

 

How many does the place hold?  Looks a little smallish on Google Map, but hard to tell...maybe just the lawn is small.

ETA...just looked it up.  It is over 20k, not too different from Blossom.  I think Blossom is at 23k

Edited by Galileo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Galileo said:

How many does the place hold?  Looks a little smallish on Google Map, but hard to tell...maybe just the lawn is small.

ETA...just looked it up.  It is over 20k, not too different from Blossom.  I think Blossom is at 23k

Last show I saw there I realized I was watching the monitors more than the stage.  I just don't think the view from the lawn is that great.

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2021 at 9:47 PM, shuke said:

I'd highly suggest pavilion.

 

Got Pavilion...unfortunately couldn't get an aisle which would have been nice.  Seats were vanishing fast.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I may hit some August NY shows, but I would really rather spend that cash on JRAD and Bisco fwiw.  Those Bill birthday show streams were pretty great though fwiw.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Punxsutawney Phil said:

Application error on the presale despite "verified" Ticketmaster still screwed it up.  Looks like a common problem on twitter.

 

Got this too at one point

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Galileo said:

Got Pavilion...unfortunately couldn't get an aisle which would have been nice.  Seats were vanishing fast.  

Ticketmaster was such a cluster#### this morning.  I tried getting pavilion but kept losing the seats.  Ended up just getting lawn since will be going with a number of people.  Pre-show beer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, shuke said:

Ticketmaster was such a cluster#### this morning.  I tried getting pavilion but kept losing the seats.  Ended up just getting lawn since will be going with a number of people.  Pre-show beer?

Absolutely!  Never been there, so I have some logistics to figure out.  My buddy reserved a hotel, but I don't know where yet.  Will likely try to uber to the venue...hopefully that is not too difficult.  It is a pain in the ### at Blossom

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Galileo said:

Absolutely!  Never been there, so I have some logistics to figure out.  My buddy reserved a hotel, but I don't know where yet.  Will likely try to uber to the venue...hopefully that is not too difficult.  It is a pain in the ### at Blossom

Uber won't be difficult.  But there really isn't much of a lot scene.  There will be a small shakedown on both sides of Sutton on the other side of Kellogg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

Getting the dead/phish cover band back together. 

Otus Supply

Ferndale, MI

aug 28th

Clips


Not all deadheads like phish, and not all phish fans like the dead, but we like them both. I’m the bass player (except on shakedown clip.) Usually play as a 4 piece, but we have our old guitar player on a few of those clips in town from Oregon. If anyone is in the Detroit area or knows someone who is, come check it out. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...