Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Odd behavior or wierd isshhh you do.

When putting on gloves or shoes/boots that I haven't worn in a awhile or I left in the garage, I'm petrified there might be a spider or something inside. As soon as I put them on, I maneuver my hands or toes so that I will crush any bug that could be inside.

Watching somebody take a bite out of a popsicle with their front teeth gives me goosebumps like crazy. Just thinking about it makes me cringe.

And then there's spiders. Probably the single most disturbing and vile creatures on Earth.

Whenever I look at a digital clock, I try to make an equation out of the numbers.

Like right now its 2:19.....2^3 + 1 = 9

:unsure::banned::lmao:

:shrug:

Watching somebody take a bite out of a popsicle with their front teeth gives me goosebumps like crazy. Just thinking about it makes me cringe.

http://images.inmagine.com/img/thinkstock/...e2/a0003808.jpg

And then there's spiders. Probably the single most disturbing and vile creatures on Earth.

http://blogs.bootsnall.com/llew/files/2008/07/imgp0756.JPG

I carry a Bic ballpoint pen (blue ink) with me all the time. I get really nervous if something happens and I'm caught out in public without one.

You never take the top newspaper. Always pull from the middle of the stack.

I watch WAY too much stuff on the DVR. About once a day at work or driving home, I catch myself looking at something and thinking 'I need to rewind this and watch it again.'

Two things...

I absolutley cannot stand the sound that is made when rubbing two pieces of styrofoam together. Like nails on a chalk board except I can tolerate that.

I also cannot stand the sound of a carbonated beverage being poured into a glass. It incites me to riot.

I make math equations of out license plates while driving;

When I eat a meal and there are different things on my plate I eat one bite from each kind of food, clockwise, until finished;

I have to check to make sure the car is locked at least twice when leaving it for the day by pushing the remote lock button and hearing the "beep";

Used to never step on the foul lines coming off or going onto the diamond;

If you find a golf ball, put it in a different part of your golf bag until you have ascertained that it does not have any bad luck on it that will rub off on the other balls in your bag. If I am feeling particularly superstitous I'll just give it to a playing partner as I don't want any part of the bad luck that caused it to get "lost" in the first place;

In the mornings, I walk a certain route to my desk when in the office. I never take that route any other time.

I get butterflies in my stomach when someone talks about surgery they had or points out scars.

In the mornings, I walk a certain route to my desk when in the office. I never take that route any other time.

I get butterflies in my stomach when someone talks about surgery they had or points out scars.

:shock:

I'm not OCD by any stretch of the imagination, but I need a CLEAN unused wash cloth to wash my face at night.

If it's been used (even by myself), I cringe and don't do it.

Used washcloth for hands or arms? I'm fine with. Face? New one from the linen closet .... nothing used.

I strip completely nude to take a duece

I have to shower everytime I finish taking a duece

At public urinals I always go to the first one

Right before my games I put a stick of game in as they announce my first starter (maybe more of a ritual?)

I never sneeze just once

If I get hiccups I can lie on my back and get rid of them

I find that I am washing my hands more and more, the upside is that I get colds much less.

I find younger women attractive

My wife is terrified of magicians.

A friend of ours is terrified of cats. She's not allergic or anything, but for some reason she's terrified of them. A cat can saunter up to her looking to be petted and she'll run away screaming like she's seen a mouse or something. It's pretty hilarious.

I rarely touch door handles in public. If/when contact is inevitable, I will try to use the part of the door least likely to have been touched by everyone.

When I was younger, I used to throw away the bar of soap whenever I dropped it on the floor in the shower.

:loco:

When putting on gloves or shoes/boots that I haven't worn in a awhile or I left in the garage, I'm petrified there might be a spider or something inside. As soon as I put them on, I maneuver my hands or toes so that I will crush any bug that could be inside.

I was putting on my shoes once when I was 14 and noticed some pebbles in the first shoe I put on, so I dumped out the second shoe and out came a scorpion.

If I go out on my balcony I always leave the sliding glass door cracked open because i am terrified of getting locked out there. And if i realize i am out there without my cell phone i will immediately go back in and get it just in case.

Whenever I look at a digital clock, I try to make an equation out of the numbers.

:goodposting::own3d::lmao:

Dude we are twins.

Mine would be

21 -19 = 2

or

9+1 = 10

10 +2

= 12

I add up the numbers on license plates while i'm driving.

:bow::bow::nerd:

Dude we are twins.

Mine would be

21 -19 = 2

or

9+1 = 10

10 +2

= 12

I add up the numbers on license plates while i'm driving.
Me 2.

I will also count the number of gaps in cars that are wide enough to fit my car into, when driving on the opposite side of the road.

This thread made me realize that some of my phobias didn't develop until after my 35th birthday.

My entire life, I have been deathly afraid of spiders. Even cobwebs would set me off. However, no other fears.

When I was 35 I had a problem with a shoulder and had to go in for an MRI. All was fine and good, until they placed me in the MRI and I absolutely (and uncontrollably) freaked out. It wasn't a rational fear, but I absolutely flipped out. Eventually I had to be sedated and put in an "open" MRI. Since that time I have realized I must have some type of claustrophobia.

A few weeks ago, my kids and I were playing wiffle ball in the backyard. One of them cranks it onto the rooftop and it gets stuck in the gutter. Without a second thought, I get out the ladder and make my way across the roof toward the drainpipe. As I approach the edge (and the 30 foot drop), I freeze up almost to the point of panic. I couldn't move any closer to the edge and was afraid to move for fear of falling. Again totally irrational - never been afraid of heights.

So what other fears do I have to look forawrd to developing in the aging process. I am now 40 and have picked up two fears in the last 5 years that previously didn't exist.

I will also count the number of gaps in cars that are wide enough to fit my car into, when driving on the opposite side of the road.

This one. When I was a kid I used to do this to pass the time and boredom on long road trips. I would also do this with telephone poles.Every now and then, I still do it. :lol:

This one. When I was a kid I used to do this to pass the time and boredom on long road trips. I would also do this with telephone poles.Every now and then, I still do it. :lol:
I don't count, but I sometimes click my teeth when my car fits in between the gaps of cars, telephone poles, etc. :doublebag:

If someone is cutting their nails, I must leave the area. Can't stand the sound.

I won't leave anything in my car. Ever. No receipts, nothing.

Won't have anyone in my house if it's messy. Which means no one ever stops in unannounced, my wife and kids are pigs.

Grass must be cut in straight lines.

My sink has everything organized in straight lines based on function (shaving cream/aftershave/razors; toothpaste/dental floss; etc)

This thread made me realize that some of my phobias didn't develop until after my 35th birthday.My entire life, I have been deathly afraid of spiders. Even cobwebs would set me off. However, no other fears.When I was 35 I had a problem with a shoulder and had to go in for an MRI. All was fine and good, until they placed me in the MRI and I absolutely (and uncontrollably) freaked out. It wasn't a rational fear, but I absolutely flipped out. Eventually I had to be sedated and put in an "open" MRI. Since that time I have realized I must have some type of claustrophobia.A few weeks ago, my kids and I were playing wiffle ball in the backyard. One of them cranks it onto the rooftop and it gets stuck in the gutter. Without a second thought, I get out the ladder and make my way across the roof toward the drainpipe. As I approach the edge (and the 30 foot drop), I freeze up almost to the point of panic. I couldn't move any closer to the edge and was afraid to move for fear of falling. Again totally irrational - never been afraid of heights.So what other fears do I have to look forawrd to developing in the aging process. I am now 40 and have picked up two fears in the last 5 years that previously didn't exist.

I can relate to these, although I've never hit the panic point. There is a cliff dive at a lake me and my friends used to go to after high school. About a 40-50 foot jump, not outrageous, but nothing to sneeze at either. Did it a bunch of times, and never blinked.I was boating with some people from work a couple of years ago, however, pulled up near it and decided to do the jump. Got to the top, stared down at the drop for a couple of minutes, and then proceeded to turn around and climbed back down. Getting old SUCKS.

I cannot deal with anybody touching the spot where the ribs meet at the bottom of the sternum on my chest. Even when my kids were babies and I'd be feeding them, I'd never let them touch that spot.

When I needed a hernia surgery, I seriously considered not having it because I was afraid that spot would get touched.

i can't touch things that make "scratchy" sounds.. like potato buns or cheap winter gloves :lmao:

Huh?
ah, it's a bun with some sorta dusting on top of it. very dry crust that is scratchy. Texas Roadhouse has them if that means anything to you.

just thinking about them is making me shudder

I can't stand it when someone doesn't set the clock on something to the correct time (microwave, VCR, car radio...). A flashing 12:00 on a VCR will drive me completely crazy, and I have to set it for them. If I am riding in someone's car and their clock is wrong (often an hour off from DST) I have to change it.

This one. When I was a kid I used to do this to pass the time and boredom on long road trips. I would also do this with telephone poles.

Every now and then, I still do it. :confused:

I don't count, but I sometimes click my teeth when my car fits in between the gaps of cars, telephone poles, etc. :doublebag:
Tap my finger or foot.

I'm very superstitious when it comes to sports. I wore the same shirt under my hockey gear until it was little more than a rag that was ready to fall apart. (Yes, I washed it.)

I'm equally bad when I'm watching sports. If an announcer says anything at all that could be a jinx (i.e. "The Red Wings haven't even given up a power play shot tonight"), I knock on wood. Or if the Wings score I'll note the orientation the remote control has towards the TV and keep it that way, or if they score while a pet is laying with or on me, I'll make sure one of the pets stays on the couch with me for the rest of the game.

Archived