Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Odd behavior or wierd isshhh you do.

I will also count the number of gaps in cars that are wide enough to fit my car into, when driving on the opposite side of the road.

This one. When I was a kid I used to do this to pass the time and boredom on long road trips. I would also do this with telephone poles.

Every now and then, I still do it. :)

I don't count, but I sometimes click my teeth when my car fits in between the gaps of cars, telephone poles, etc. :doublebag:
Tap my finger or foot.
Foot here as well. Also, I don't count, I just try and make the gaps!

I do this so often I forget it's odd.

I cannot stand seatbelts. Across the chest is barely tolerable, but across my waist - no go. I always have to buckle it, then pull enough slack that it goes over my left knee. Every now and then a date will notice and go what's up with the seatbelt? I look at her and say "I'm . . . weird." If she makes a 'who farted?' face I know it's over, but if she shrugs it off, or better yet, says "hmm me too" I know there's potential.

I will also count the number of gaps in cars that are wide enough to fit my car into, when driving on the opposite side of the road.

This one. When I was a kid I used to do this to pass the time and boredom on long road trips. I would also do this with telephone poles.

Every now and then, I still do it. :P

I don't count, but I sometimes click my teeth when my car fits in between the gaps of cars, telephone poles, etc. :doublebag:
Tap my finger or foot.
Foot here as well. Also, I don't count, I just try and make the gaps!
I don't do this when I am driving, but when I am a passenger I sometimes weave my eyes in between the center road stripes like I am on a motorcycle riding through orange cones.

When I was a kid I always imagined I was riding a dirt bike beside the road and would envision myself doing jumps over driveways and the sides of ditches.

I absolutely hate having anything around my wrists. I will not wear a watch or a bracelet and if I wear a long sleeved shirt, it has to be rolled up to at least mid-forearm.

If I have a bet on a sporting event, the remote control has to be sitting on the left arm of the couch, facing straight ahead.

I do this so often I forget it's odd.I cannot stand seatbelts. Across the chest is barely tolerable, but across my waist - no go. I always have to buckle it, then pull enough slack that it goes over my left knee. Every now and then a date will notice and go what's up with the seatbelt? I look at her and say "I'm . . . weird." If she makes a 'who farted?' face I know it's over, but if she shrugs it off, or better yet, says "hmm me too" I know there's potential.

Had any impact accidents like that? Results?

I'm very superstitious when it comes to sports. I wore the same shirt under my hockey gear until it was little more than a rag that was ready to fall apart. (Yes, I washed it.)

I'm equally bad when I'm watching sports. If an announcer says anything at all that could be a jinx (i.e. "The Red Wings haven't even given up a power play shot tonight"), I knock on wood. Or if the Wings score I'll note the orientation the remote control has towards the TV and keep it that way, or if they score while a pet is laying with or on me, I'll make sure one of the pets stays on the couch with me for the rest of the game.

I can sort of relate to this one... I play flagfootball pretty much year round and when my team wins or I do really well in the previous game, I'll make sure to wear the same exact pair of socks (after they're washed).

When I was a kid I always imagined I was riding a dirt bike beside the road and would envision myself doing jumps over driveways and the sides of ditches.

Dang, I did the *exact* same thing. After I'd ramp the imaginary bike up into the air, I'd have to keep it going through the air until the next driveway or gap to use for a landing. Every now and then there's a Snake River Canyon length jump.I'm hardly ever riding on the passenger side now, but if I ever did on a long trip, I'd probably subconsciously slip into doing it again. :shrug:

Watching somebody take a bite out of a popsicle with their front teeth gives me goosebumps like crazy. Just thinking about it makes me cringe.

Other than fingernails on a chalkboard, I didn't think I had anything else like that.But your popsicle post made me think of another... I can't stand biting down on a wooden popsickle stick.The have that flat wooden flavor, they kinda splinter a little, and I hate the sensation in general. :wall: :wall:

I dont own a cell phone and I would never get an Onstar system. I feel I will be tracked if I have either of those things. I try to deal mostly in cash for the same reason.

When out hunting,fishing,hiking etc.. I always carry gloves and I put them on to open any gates or vehicle doors. I do this so my fingerprints wont be on the these things. I also avoid walking in puddles or any type of damp dirt. I dont want to leave my footprints.

I dont eat hostess cupcakes very often anymore, but when I do I always eat them frosting side down. This really seems to bother some people. :thumbup:

when I am pumping gas, I have to end on either .25, .50, .75 or .00 - must be a quarter multiple.

the sound of someone clicking their nails together drives me crazy.

I hate the sound of electric toothbrushes.

I can't stand people that chew/eat their food loud....it's like nails scraping on a chalk board!

I do most everything in multiples of 3 (3 being favorite number)

Drives me crazy when the toilet paper is put on where it rolls out upside down.

I always have to wet the corner of the shower curtain and stick it to the wall so that water doesn't get out.

Oh, and spiders freak me out!

Watching somebody take a bite out of a popsicle with their front teeth gives me goosebumps like crazy. Just thinking about it makes me cringe.

Other than fingernails on a chalkboard, I didn't think I had anything else like that.But your popsicle post made me think of another... I can't stand biting down on a wooden popsickle stick.The have that flat wooden flavor, they kinda splinter a little, and I hate the sensation in general. :X:ph34r:
:goodposting: This post alone sent shivers down my spine. Wooden Popsicle sticks are the suck.

I do this so often I forget it's odd.I cannot stand seatbelts. Across the chest is barely tolerable, but across my waist - no go. I always have to buckle it, then pull enough slack that it goes over my left knee. Every now and then a date will notice and go what's up with the seatbelt? I look at her and say "I'm . . . weird." If she makes a 'who farted?' face I know it's over, but if she shrugs it off, or better yet, says "hmm me too" I know there's potential.

Had any impact accidents like that? Results?
Backed into a guy with a physical handicap. He had a severe pigeon toe walk, had his left hand up by his face and his head kept going from side to side. I didn't know he was already like this and when we both got out and he started walking towards me like that I thought I'd totally jacked him up and I kept going :thumbup: "HOLY . . . Shi . . . TUH!"But my knee was ok.

i can't touch things that make "scratchy" sounds.. like potato buns or cheap winter gloves :mellow:

WTF
:confused: as prodigious an eater as you are surely you've encountered a potato bun or 300 in your day

The microwave has to display the clock, not how much cooking time was left when the door was open.

I double check my doors and windows before bed to make sure they are locked. I also check to make sure my pistol has a round in the chamber.

Spiders.

I have to put my sun glasses back in the protective bag only when I'm parking my truck for the night.

I can't touch velvet or most brushes. Sometimes sweeping sounds annoy me.

Nothing can go near my eyes, I can't look at anything going near anyone's eyes even in pics or movies. I don't know how I would handle any kind of eye surgery, I have a hard time with eye drops and eye tests.

The flashing 12:00 annoys me but I can resist changing it if it's someone elses.

I always wanted to go sky diving when I was younger but now couldn't imagine doing it.

Dang, I did the *exact* same thing. After I'd ramp the imaginary bike up into the air, I'd have to keep it going through the air until the next driveway or gap to use for a landing. Every now and then there's a Snake River Canyon length jump.I'm hardly ever riding on the passenger side now, but if I ever did on a long trip, I'd probably subconsciously slip into doing it again. :loco:
Me three

Dang, I did the *exact* same thing. After I'd ramp the imaginary bike up into the air, I'd have to keep it going through the air until the next driveway or gap to use for a landing. Every now and then there's a Snake River Canyon length jump.I'm hardly ever riding on the passenger side now, but if I ever did on a long trip, I'd probably subconsciously slip into doing it again. :shrug:
Me three
Count me in as a Car-Side Evel KnieveI recently described this pastime to my children.... THEY LOVE IT!

Dang, I did the *exact* same thing. After I'd ramp the imaginary bike up into the air, I'd have to keep it going through the air until the next driveway or gap to use for a landing. Every now and then there's a Snake River Canyon length jump.I'm hardly ever riding on the passenger side now, but if I ever did on a long trip, I'd probably subconsciously slip into doing it again. :mellow:
Me three
Count me in as a Car-Side Evel KnieveI recently described this pastime to my children.... THEY LOVE IT!
So do you guys actually imagine yourselves riding a motorcycle out there?I actually focus on a spot on the winow, and imagine that the spot is a "motorcycle".

Nothing can go near my eyes, I can't look at anything going near anyone's eyes even in pics or movies. I don't know how I would handle any kind of eye surgery, I have a hard time with eye drops and eye tests.

The flashing 12:00 annoys me but I can resist changing it if it's someone elses.

I always wanted to go sky diving when I was younger but now couldn't imagine doing it.

:thumbup:

Watching someone put in contacts is absolutely the worst!!

:tinfoilhat:

:lmao:

Every once in a while I'll catch my wife taking out her contacts and it just freaks me out. I think it goes back to when I was really little (early 70's)my landlord was using this little plunger-like device to take out her contacts and I saw her eye actually pulling out as she did it. ugh! I can still picture it, nearly 40 years later.

:tinfoilhat:

People think its odd my eye glasses are slightly tinted (I have a pair with a black gradient and one with a brown gradient). Clear lenses look too nerdy for me, and I hate, H-A-T-E, contacts. Also, I just read in the news about a huge lawsuit from a major contact manufacturere that has settled millions or billions in lawsuits for giving people eye fungus and people had to have their eyes removed...You all should think about that when your putting your contacts in.

eye fungus

ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) — Contact lens maker Bausch & Lomb Inc. had an overriding reason for going private in 2007: It wanted to handle a devastating recall of its flagship lens cleaner, its chief executive said, "without a lot of outside distraction."

Over the past year, away from the glare of public scrutiny, the optical products company has quietly settled nearly 600 fungal-infection lawsuits — with dozens more individual claims yet to be resolved. The cost so far: Upward of $250 million.......

Dang, I did the *exact* same thing. After I'd ramp the imaginary bike up into the air, I'd have to keep it going through the air until the next driveway or gap to use for a landing. Every now and then there's a Snake River Canyon length jump.I'm hardly ever riding on the passenger side now, but if I ever did on a long trip, I'd probably subconsciously slip into doing it again. :pickle:
Me three
So do you guys actually imagine yourselves riding a motorcycle out there?I actually focus on a spot on the winow, and imagine that the spot is a "motorcycle".
I don't picture myself riding the imaginary motorcycle... after all I'm in the passenger seat of the car watching him through the window and enjoying his daredevilry. :goodposting: It's pretty interesting to me that this seems to be a relatively common thing that everyone arrives at 100% independently.

Archived