Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Am I driving a chick car?

Chick car?  

201 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have a 2002 Audi A4. I've always liked this car until about a week ago when I was told it was a chick car. I've been asking around since then and I have heard mixed results. I trust the collective wisdom of the FFA and will strongly consider trading this in if, as a male, I should.

(And before others make the inevitable comments, yes, I do care what random strangers think about me. If you don't care, good for you. I'm more superficial.)

I think some people want to lump all small sedans into the "chick car" category which never made much sense to me. I've always :moneybag: at dudes who claim to be more manly simply because their car was bigger. The tool factor tends to be off the charts with these guys...

The HUMMER is higher on the chick car list.

Your "list" is something that is needed. Many guys go car shopping without an adequate understanding on what a chick car really is. You can't count on the salesman at the dealership warning you against this. It's not published on Edmunds.com or in consumer reports. It's really unfair. Women can buy whatever car they want. Guys are excluded from about half the current models.

For me, any Audi screams masculinity.

Sarcasm noted.
No really. The new audi's with the big grill look very cool.
X

The unibrow grills look super lame as they were designed for wider European license plates leaving the grill oddly proportioned here with American plates (or with no plates at all).

Don't worry my man, your A4's a sweet car.

I get #### all the time from my friends for my car, a black Lexus RX 350.

"Ooh, a grocery-getter"

"Did you bring a bag of orange slices?"

"If I open the trunk will a net full of soccer balls fall out?"

"Where's the 'I'd Rather Be Shopping At Nordstrom' plate frame?"

"Ooh, a grocery-getter"

Same thing happens with my Chevelle

Audi

Sweet car, hardly feminine.

Why would that be classified as a "chick" car? :blackdot:
One theory is this: Chicks loved the cute VW bugs. Then, because they were also VWs, chicks loved the Jettas. This became extemely popular with younger, upwardly mobile chicks. As these chicks aged and married richer guys, they had more disposable income. They still loved their Jettas but wanted something a little nicer. Next VW step: Audi A4.

Audi

Sweet car, hardly feminine.

Why would that be classified as a "chick" car? :confused:
One theory is this: Chicks loved the cute VW bugs. Then, because they were also VWs, chicks loved the Jettas. This became extemely popular with younger, upwardly mobile chicks. As these chicks aged and married richer guys, they had more disposable income. They still loved their Jettas but wanted something a little nicer. Next VW step: Audi A4.
####! I don't eve feel like trying to figure out that nonsense. The car is cool. Don't worry about the rest

No. He's right. Chicks love Jettas.Think about it. You always see girls in Jettas.The A4 is only one step away from the VW.A6 is a different story.

:shrug: 3 series BMW(unless M3) and A4's are slightly chickish. 5 series or A6 for a guy is the play.

"Ooh, a grocery-getter"

Same thing happens with my Chevelle
Same thing happens with my convertible Celica. :shrug:

No. He's right. Chicks love Jettas.Think about it. You always see girls in Jettas.The A4 is only one step away from the VW.A6 is a different story.

:thumbup: 3 series BMW(unless M3) and A4's are slightly chickish. 5 series or A6 for a guy is the play.
:bag: A4 only slightly A5, S5 are the bomb

:goodposting: for the jetta comment above. Bought a new Jetta in '06. Other car was a Subaru Outback Wagon. So Im driving down the road and hear a story on the radio about some list of Lesbian preferred cars.

They begin from the top...#1 was Subaru Outback. :lmao: Ugh, well at least I'm not driving that anymore.

NExt on the list, VW Jetta. Damn! :lmao::loco::eek::lmao::bag: Got rid of both within the year. :bye:

Not because of that mind you...but I certainly feel better now.

A4=cute car :( , sorry.

Deserving or not (it's a great car) it's definitely a chick car.It's what the doctor's wife moves up to after she's become tired of storage issues with the Boxter. J

This is the wrongest I think I've ever seen Joe.

I voted perfectly acceptable without hesitation.

Of course, it was only then when I read the full range of choices--and discovered that you consider my TDI Beetle a "chick car". :bag:

Good thing that I don't care a bit for whatever random strangers may think about me.

Deserving or not (it's a great car) it's definitely a chick car.It's what the doctor's wife moves up to after she's become tired of storage issues with the Boxter. J

They're great cars. (So are Volvos) But no matter how much you try to convince yourself, an A4 is a mature chick car. :shrug: A very good friend of mine drives an A4. He's fine with that. But he completely positively understands hes driving a trophy wife car. I don't make the rules. J

They're great cars. (So are Volvos) But no matter how much you try to convince yourself, an A4 is a mature chick car. :shrug: A very good friend of mine drives an A4. He's fine with that. But he completely positively understands hes driving a trophy wife car. I don't make the rules. J
Just curious J, are there chick boats? And how do you know it's a chick boat?Or are all boats all man all the time??

Are all German sports sedans chick cars? If not, what makes some chick cars and not others? Is it a horsepower thing?I'll do some donuts and listen.

They're great cars. (So are Volvos) But no matter how much you try to convince yourself, an A4 is a mature chick car. :doh: A very good friend of mine drives an A4. He's fine with that. But he completely positively understands hes driving a trophy wife car. I don't make the rules. J
Just curious J, are there chick boats? And how do you know it's a chick boat?Or are all boats all man all the time??
C'mon Giggy. All boats are manly. That's why we refer to them as "she" and give them girl names... :hot:J

They're great cars. (So are Volvos) But no matter how much you try to convince yourself, an A4 is a mature chick car. :confused: A very good friend of mine drives an A4. He's fine with that. But he completely positively understands hes driving a trophy wife car. I don't make the rules. J
Are all German sports sedans chick cars? If not, what makes some chick cars and not others? Is it a horsepower thing?I'll do some donuts and listen.
No, not all German sports sedans are chick cars. Again, I don't make the rules. You won't lose any respect from me if you want to drive an A4. Just don't try to hide from the truth and pretend that every surgeon that sees it isn't thinking about giving in and buying his wife one. J

Archived