Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Am I driving a chick car?

Chick car?  

201 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Audi

Sweet car, hardly feminine.

Why would that be classified as a "chick" car? :confused:
One theory is this: Chicks loved the cute VW bugs. Then, because they were also VWs, chicks loved the Jettas. This became extemely popular with younger, upwardly mobile chicks. As these chicks aged and married richer guys, they had more disposable income. They still loved their Jettas but wanted something a little nicer. Next VW step: Audi A4.
I see a lot of younger mom's driving the A4.

I think it is the entry level nature that contributes to the chick car thing. For instance, looking at the luxury lines entry level cars you'll see:

Lexus IS250 = small & powerless = chick car

Acura TSX = small, sporty, powerless = chick car

Mercedes c300 = powerless = chick car

BMW 328 = powerless, cute = chick car

Audi a4 = good looking, lacks power = chick car. Although the pic Otis posted is really nice & the best I've ever seen.

However Audi S4 = powerful = man car.

Infiniti G37 = small, sporty, POWERFUL = man car

So, in review, any car that has average power & size, say less than 280 hp, I would deem a chick car.

You can exchange power for luxury sometimes, like a big Caddy. But they are pretty powerful usually. You can substitute a large truck/SUV if you'd like, provided it has a V8.

IMO

I have a 2002 Audi A4. I've always liked this car until about a week ago when I was told it was a chick car. I've been asking around since then and I have heard mixed results. I trust the collective wisdom of the FFA and will strongly consider trading this in if, as a male, I should. (And before others make the inevitable comments, yes, I do care what random strangers think about me. If you don't care, good for you. I'm more superficial.)

Hi jux,Sorry, didn't read the first here and don't mean to dog your car. I'll say this, a 2002 model is way way way better in that area than a brand new one.And they are great cars. My buddy loved his A4. Have another friend that drives an A8 and loves it too.J

I have a 2002 Audi A4. I've always liked this car until about a week ago when I was told it was a chick car. I've been asking around since then and I have heard mixed results. I trust the collective wisdom of the FFA and will strongly consider trading this in if, as a male, I should. (And before others make the inevitable comments, yes, I do care what random strangers think about me. If you don't care, good for you. I'm more superficial.)

Hi jux,Sorry, didn't read the first here and don't mean to dog your car. I'll say this, a 2002 model is way way way better in that area than a brand new one.And they are great cars. My buddy loved his A4. Have another friend that drives an A8 and loves it too.J
Look at Joe staying excellent

Deserving or not (it's a great car) it's definitely a chick car.It's what the doctor's wife moves up to after she's become tired of storage issues with the Boxter. J

This is the wrongest I think I've ever seen Joe.
They're great cars. (So are Volvos) But no matter how much you try to convince yourself, an A4 is a mature chick car. :goodposting: A very good friend of mine drives an A4. He's fine with that. But he completely positively understands hes driving a trophy wife car. I don't make the rules. J
Just curious J, are there chick boats? And how do you know it's a chick boat?Or are all boats all man all the time??
C'mon Giggy. All boats are manly. That's why we refer to them as "she" and give them girl names... :shrug:J
Good, just checking.I am buying a boat you see, and well . . .

Deserving or not (it's a great car) it's definitely a chick car.It's what the doctor's wife moves up to after she's become tired of storage issues with the Boxter. J

They're great cars. (So are Volvos) But no matter how much you try to convince yourself, an A4 is a mature chick car. :goodposting: A very good friend of mine drives an A4. He's fine with that. But he completely positively understands hes driving a trophy wife car. I don't make the rules. J
Are all German sports sedans chick cars? If not, what makes some chick cars and not others? Is it a horsepower thing?I'll do some donuts and listen.
No, not all German sports sedans are chick cars. Again, I don't make the rules. You won't lose any respect from me if you want to drive an A4. Just don't try to hide from the truth and pretend that every surgeon that sees it isn't thinking about giving in and buying his wife one. J
Lots of women with wealthy husbands drive Mercedes Benz and BMW. Are those chick cars? Let's go with the ones in the very same price point as the A4.

Lots of women with wealthy husbands drive Mercedes Benz and BMW. Are those chick cars? Let's go with the ones in the very same price point as the A4.

I'm surprised you're not well versed in this, GB. Your argument isn't with me. I don't make the rules. I don't know why an equivalent Mercedes isn't a trophy wife car. It just isn't. And a new A4 absolutely is. Some things you can't explain. You just have to deal with it. J

I'm surprised you're not well versed in this, GB. Your argument isn't with me. I don't make the rules. I don't know why an equivalent Mercedes isn't a trophy wife car. It just isn't. And a new A4 absolutely is. Some things you can't explain. You just have to deal with it. J
I think the new A4 is much less a chick car than the entry level Benz or BMW. You may need an updated rule book, GB.

I think the new A4 is much less a chick car than the entry level Benz or BMW. You may need an updated rule book, GB.
You just keep telling yourself that. :goodposting:You didn't already buy one did you?J

You just keep telling yourself that. :goodposting:You didn't already buy one did you?J
Not yet, but I'm about to. Awesome cars. This may be a north/south thing.

I think it is the entry level nature that contributes to the chick car thing. For instance, looking at the luxury lines entry level cars you'll see:Lexus IS250 = small & powerless = chick carAcura TSX = small, sporty, powerless = chick carMercedes c300 = powerless = chick carBMW 328 = powerless, cute = chick carAudi a4 = good looking, lacks power = chick car. Although the pic Otis posted is really nice & the best I've ever seen. However Audi S4 = powerful = man car.Infiniti G37 = small, sporty, POWERFUL = man carSo, in review, any car that has average power & size, say less than 280 hp, I would deem a chick car.You can exchange power for luxury sometimes, like a big Caddy. But they are pretty powerful usually. You can substitute a large truck/SUV if you'd like, provided it has a V8.IMO

Read

Deserving or not (it's a great car) it's definitely a chick car.

Says the guy who drives an H3. That's not only a chick car, it's a teenage chick car.
Oh my. Joe drives a Hummer, but not even the real Hummer, but like the mini-Hummer?OOF

The whole chick car thing is really sophomoric.

Does it have adequate head and leg room?

Does it handle well in typical driving conditions?

Does it provide efficient gas mileage?

Does it have a high crash rating?

Does it have sufficient storage capacity?

Does it meet the needs of me/my family?

Is it dependable?

Choose your favorite or most affordable of the cars that meet those criteria and stop worrying so much what other people think.

:thumbup:

Says the guy who drives an H3. That's not only a chick car, it's a teenage chick car.
Oh my. Joe drives a Hummer, but not even the real Hummer, but like the mini-Hummer?OOF
Sorry. I drive a Yukon XL. I've owned a couple of H2s and an H3 though in the past.J

This 100% correct... I've seen more and more driving enthusiasts (typically men) choosing the A4 over 3-series and C-class sedans. Conversely, I've seen more and more chicks driving those same 3-series and C-class sedans simply for the snob appeal.

You just keep telling yourself that. :thumbup:You didn't already buy one did you?J
Not yet, but I'm about to. Awesome cars. This may be a north/south thing.
Don't do it, GB. It's not a North South thing. It's a female / male thing. You know the truth deep down. :shrug:J

Sorry. I drive a Yukon XL. I've owned a couple of H2s and an H3 though in the past.J
Shoulda held on to that Viper.

Don't remind me...J

Don't remind me...J
You let that toolish Porsche driver get in your head!
:thumbup:I'd forgotten about that.J

Guest awesomeness

It's what the doctor's wife moves up to after she's become tired of storage issues with the Boxter.

J

They're great cars. (So are Volvos) But no matter how much you try to convince yourself, an A4 is a mature chick car. :thumbup: A very good friend of mine drives an A4. He's fine with that. But he completely positively understands hes driving a trophy wife car. I don't make the rules.

J

Actually im pretty sure you do.

It's what the doctor's wife moves up to after she's become tired of storage issues with the Boxter.

J

They're great cars. (So are Volvos) But no matter how much you try to convince yourself, an A4 is a mature chick car. :thumbup: A very good friend of mine drives an A4. He's fine with that. But he completely positively understands hes driving a trophy wife car. I don't make the rules.

J

Actually im pretty sure you do.
:hot:

Oh my. Joe drives a Hummer, but not even the real Hummer, but like the mini-Hummer?

OOF

Sorry. I drive a Yukon XL. I've owned a couple of H2s and an H3 though in the past.

J

Yeah, definitely a North/South thing. You guys like "trucks" down there. It's manly. And gunracks. Stuff like that.

We won the war, Hank.. Always keep that in mind.

Anything Audi makes >>>>>>>>> Hummers

"Chick car" or not, I'm buying this tomorrow:

Will you be waxing your legs, and wearing short shorts and heals so you look correct when exiting your chick vehicle?
:goodposting:

Free rides in the Omobile anytime yall are in town.

Sorry. I drive a Yukon XL. I've owned a couple of H2s and an H3 though in the past.

J

This really messes with the stereotypes. Around here (1) 80+ percent of H3 drivers seem to be teenage girls, (2) Most H2 drivers are middle-aged men, and I don' think I've seen one over 5 foot 6, and (3) the non-Denali Yukons typically have Mary Kay stickers or other soccer-momish type things in the back windows, while the Denali's are almost always driven by rappers or athletes.

My guess is that either you defy the statistics, or you're a pint-sized teenage girl with an aspiring hip-hop career.

Holy crap, is Joe actually Lady Sovereign?

Will you be waxing your legs, and wearing short shorts and heals so you look correct when exiting your chick vehicle?

I'll just take a cab.

TWO guys getting out of an A-4? oof.

Just imagine the hit Otiscred would take being seen with DW. Perhaps though you could work it for some sympathy points. "Yes, he is congenitally socially awkward and is likely dying from a severe style deficency. My volunteer work with the Miracle Network was to show him one night of normal social interaction at a real live N.Y. hot spot while simultaneously showing him that one has other options for clothes than Walmart. You girls wouldn't mind being nice to him for just one second would you?" The girlies would be all over you. "O, you're so sweet and carrying to help out that poor thing."

From the CarGurus Blog:

Guys: Are YOU driving a chick car?

January 9th, 2009

Chick cars. Femme rockets. She-rides. Whatever we call them, there’s no doubt that some cars simply exude estrogen.

Of course, there’s always the guy who accidentally buys a chick car, only to be horribly ridiculed by his buddies later. Every guy should know there are just some cars he should never, under any circumstances, sit behind the wheel of. These are the three girliest chick cars:

Mazda Miata

I feel like mentioning the Miata as a chick car is as pointless as saying bras are only for women, but the fact that I still see dudes piloting these has proven that we must continue to raise awareness about this issue. Perhaps we need to form an organization, Men Exiting Miatas (M.E.N.), and distribute awareness bracelets. They can be pink with little red convertible logos.

VW Jetta

Sooner or later, VW engineers will need to create load ratings for the rear-view mirrors of Jettas, so teen girls will know exactly how much they can hang on them.

VW Beetle

It comes with a flower vase. Standard.

The following vehicles are acceptable for a guy to drive ONLY if he’s married to a woman who owns one (dating her does not count):

Honda CR-V or Honda Pilot

Take a trip to any elementary school in the nation, and you’ll think it’s been converted to a Honda Dealership. But no, it’s just moms picking up their kids.

Volvo XC90

Some moms have a little extra money to spend and need some “snobberage” (snobbery leverage) over their Pilot-owning friends.

Audi A4

If a young woman makes it into her career without getting married, she’ll trade in her Jetta for an Audi sedan. She’ll also transfer her hanging materials from the mirror and probably even stick a Roxy decal on the back window.

http://www.cargurus.com/blog/2009/01/09/gu...ng-a-chick-car/

From the CarGurus Blog:

Guys: Are YOU driving a chick car?

January 9th, 2009

Chick cars. Femme rockets. She-rides. Whatever we call them, there’s no doubt that some cars simply exude estrogen.

Of course, there’s always the guy who accidentally buys a chick car, only to be horribly ridiculed by his buddies later. Every guy should know there are just some cars he should never, under any circumstances, sit behind the wheel of. These are the three girliest chick cars:

Mazda Miata

I feel like mentioning the Miata as a chick car is as pointless as saying bras are only for women, but the fact that I still see dudes piloting these has proven that we must continue to raise awareness about this issue. Perhaps we need to form an organization, Men Exiting Miatas (M.E.N.), and distribute awareness bracelets. They can be pink with little red convertible logos.

VW Jetta

Sooner or later, VW engineers will need to create load ratings for the rear-view mirrors of Jettas, so teen girls will know exactly how much they can hang on them.

VW Beetle

It comes with a flower vase. Standard.

The following vehicles are acceptable for a guy to drive ONLY if he’s married to a woman who owns one (dating her does not count):

Honda CR-V or Honda Pilot

Take a trip to any elementary school in the nation, and you’ll think it’s been converted to a Honda Dealership. But no, it’s just moms picking up their kids.

Volvo XC90

Some moms have a little extra money to spend and need some “snobberage” (snobbery leverage) over their Pilot-owning friends.

Audi A4

If a young woman makes it into her career without getting married, she’ll trade in her Jetta for an Audi sedan. She’ll also transfer her hanging materials from the mirror and probably even stick a Roxy decal on the back window.

http://www.cargurus.com/blog/2009/01/09/gu...ng-a-chick-car/
:loco:

It's great not seeing my car on this list.

I need to forward this to some friends.

Benz and BMW is SOOOOO much more a trophy wife's car.

Benz more than BMWYou don't see many Benz drivers under 40. Typical would be a 50 year old guy that lets his 30yo wife drive from time to time.BMW is more youthful and has some entry level vehicles that are within range of a single guy making decent money.

Too lazy to look for a link, but I read something a month or two back about how Audi was trying to position itself as a more premium brand over the coming years. Something about using higher end parts/interiors and better sound systems, nicer options, etc.

Archived