Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

I post my least favorite commercials here

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still want to punch that curly haired kid who claims she doesn't know what a computer is in the face.

Excited neighbor: Hey man, check out these cool Xmas decorations I got for our yard! GMC-buying DB: So what? Mine lights up too *hits remote, truck beeps* EN: Wow, that's awesome, thanks for

What's a computer? It's what I'm going to beat you to death with.  

15 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

WHY ARE THEY WATCHING TWO DIFFERENT THINGS...TOGETHER!?

I haven't seen this commercial, but this happens all the time.  My wife and I will sit down to watch something and she spends the whole time looking at her phone.

Or, we have friends of ours who contsantly complain about each other.  The wife watches garbage like 15 and Pregnant, or other teen drama when they go to bed, so he pulls out the iPad and watches Netflix.  This happens all the time as far as I know.

Unless I misunderstood what is going on in the commercial. :unsure: 

15 minutes ago, Bull Dozier said:

I haven't seen this commercial, but this happens all the time.  My wife and I will sit down to watch something and she spends the whole time looking at her phone.

Or, we have friends of ours who contsantly complain about each other.  The wife watches garbage like 15 and Pregnant, or other teen drama when they go to bed, so he pulls out the iPad and watches Netflix.  This happens all the time as far as I know.

Unless I misunderstood what is going on in the commercial. :unsure: 

Yeah but you guys are old and familiar with each other. This guy still hasn't sealed the deal and needs to be on his best behavior. That includes watching whatever she decides they're watching 

26 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Yeah but you guys are old and familiar with each other. This guy still hasn't sealed the deal and needs to be on his best behavior. That includes watching whatever she decides they're watching 

OK, yes, that would make a big difference.

58 minutes ago, Hov34 said:

I actually liked this commercial the first 20 times I saw it.  Now I'm sick of it.

Raiders Jersey

Also, what is a nice Jewish girl doing at a Christmas dinner?  Was she adopted by this blonde Kansas City family?

I probably watched it 5 or 10 times before I realized they were all Chiefs fans and she wasn't just embarrassed because of his awesome musical sweater 

Also I'd totally bang her

• Like 3
5 hours ago, Dan Lambskin said:

I probably watched it 5 or 10 times before I realized they were all Chiefs fans and she wasn't just embarrassed because of his awesome musical sweater 

wtf

• Like 4

Not sure how it happened but those moronic Chevy "real people, not actors" are getting even worse.   The most recent one where they tell you that you'd have to buy 6 SUVs just to get all of the options included in their ####-box....like the Colon Blow spot.

Worst campaign strategy in the last 5 years.

Edited by McJose
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, McJose said:
5 hours ago, Dan Lambskin said:

wtf

Dan also drafted Eric Ebron (rookie year) in the 3rd round of our fake football draft several years ago. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, McJose said:

wtf

I'm pretty non-observant of things, plus I probably had my face in my phone while it was on

4 minutes ago, Binky The Doormat said:

Dan also drafted Eric Ebron (rookie year) in the 3rd round of our fake football draft several years ago. 

Thought that was Vernon Davis, although that could have been another year

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Dan Lambskin said:

I'm pretty non-observant of things, plus I probably had my face in my phone while it was on

Thought that was Vernon Davis, although that could have been another year

You may be right, I think Ebron was your 5th rd selection.  

I'm sticking with my original story, it's better.  

23 minutes ago, McJose said:

Not sure how it happened but those moronic Chevy "real people, not actors" are getting even worse.   The most recent one where they tell you that you'd have to buy 6 SUVs just to get all of the options included in their ####-box....like the Colon Blow spot.

Worst campaign strategy in the last 5 years.

Dude's voice is getting even more nasally and grating.

• Like 1
On 11/27/2017 at 3:02 PM, Andy Dufresne said:

What I don't get in that spot is why he's watching something on his phone, with earbuds in, while his girl is watching TV 

Because women watch the stupidest tv imaginable. They're the reason we have the Kardashians and know what a Snookie is.

On 11/9/2017 at 1:25 PM, Chemical X said:

Publisher's Clearing House commercials annoy me................now they are using that awful cher song to advertise something.

I think PCH is a scam...............no idea what is going on with all these people winning zillions of dollars but it never being reported on.

My buddy's family won PCH when he was a kid. They appeared in one of their commercials too. I think they won like $25,000 and were actually paid more than that to appear in the commercial.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, GroveDiesel said:

My buddy's family won PCH when he was a kid. They appeared in one of their commercials too. I think they won like $25,000 and were actually paid more than that to appear in the commercial.

How many magazine subscriptions did they score?

On 11/28/2017 at 7:52 AM, Jayrok said:

Hey.

Hey.

What you doing on your computer?

What's a computer?

<_<

Millennials, amirite?

My son is pretty easy going, but he literally yells at the TV when this ad is on.  So. very. bad.

20 hours ago, Vanilla Guerrilla said:

Eargo hearing aid commercial.  The way the guy talks makes me want to punch him.

Eargo

What?

12 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

Anybody see the Trumpy bear commercial. I thought it was a spoof at first but I guess it’s a real thing. Teddy bear with Trumps hair and an American flag that stuffed in a pocket in the back.

and what's with the biblical lead-in ...at least it sounds biblical.  The whole thing is ridiculous.  

My Pillow

His hair and mustache are bad.  And why is he making sure he's rocking the cross front and center while peddling pillows? It's glaring. But worse than that, who pulls the chain out over a buttoned dress shirt? What kind of move is this?

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Plorfu said:

My Pillow

His hair and mustache are bad.  And why is he making sure he's rocking the cross front and center while peddling pillows? It's glaring. But worse than that, who pulls the chain out over a buttoned dress shirt? What kind of move is this?

Cross = I'm an honest Christian person so buy from me.

4 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Larry Fitzgerald is great at football but terrible at hopscotch. Does he hit even ONE box?

He’s stalking that lady on the bike in her living room.

Edited by Osaurus
  • Like 1
11 hours ago, AhrnCityPahnder said:

The Rooms to Go "My Stuff" commercials.  

Shut this thread down, we've reached the bottom.  

:goodposting:  This is an abomination.  

ETA: Who bought them all that stuff?  

Edited by Osaurus

It may be a regional campaign, not sure.  But the DirectTV war with Spectrum (or other cable companies) is abysmal.  

DirectTV:  But some people still like cable... just like some people like banging their head... drinking spoiled milk... having their arm trapped in a vending machine, etc...  and the newer one with the wet grocery bags... stuck in a crowded elevator... and the worst of all, pouring coffee all over themselves.  That squeeling! :rant:

The people in the spots watching directTV are all young and attractive while the dummies hurting themselves are old and, well, not so attractive.  Are they saying only unattractive doofuses have cable?  

On the other hand, I think the Spectrum ads where the monsters are dogging satellite TV are actually funny.  The Werewolf parents seeing the teacher about their kids' drawing.  The poker game with the creepy dummy.  Charades with the mummy, dummy and horned guy.  

My favorite is the yard sale with the mad scientist and mummy.  "What's this?"  "That's a death ray... A billion dollars!"...  "I'll give you 4 bucks."...  "Put it in the jar."  

Mummy to buyer:  "I would pay twice as much for that."     "That was me, click, trying to get her into a bidding war."  

Spectrum ads>>>>DirectTV ads,  My opinion.  

• Like 1

The Taco Bell commercial where the couple runs into her old boyfriend at the park while he's eating his Tacquitos.  I don't know why, maybe I was just watching all the wrong things this week, but I'm pretty sure I saw it 50 times, sometimes twice in the same commercial break.  Normally my annoyance level would only be a 6 or 7 for this, but thanks to this thread I have been forced to analyze every second of the commercial each time I see it.

The whole interaction is completely unrealistic.  First, If I ran in to an ex in the park, and the guys was eating food with his hands and had a greasy fast food taco in his right hand, I wouldn't thrust out my hand to shake his.  Second, no way this little doosh chest bumps a guy a foot taller than him.  And the jock dude's look on his face as he walks away?  Like he's confused or put off by the new beau after giving her the "hey, I've had your feet behind your head before, how's you new guy like knowing that" look when they first run into each other.  He should either be gibing the eye roll of "sorry you're with this twerp now" or the "call me" look as he walks away.  Not whatever he is trying to convey with his "pinching one out" face squish he goes with.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Bull Dozier said:

The Taco Bell commercial where the couple runs into her old boyfriend at the park while he's eating his Tacquitos.  I don't know why, maybe I was just watching all the wrong things this week, but I'm pretty sure I saw it 50 times, sometimes twice in the same commercial break.  Normally my annoyance level would only be a 6 or 7 for this, but thanks to this thread I have been forced to analyze every second of the commercial each time I see it.

The whole interaction is completely unrealistic.  First, If I ran in to an ex in the park, and the guys was eating food with his hands and had a greasy fast food taco in his right hand, I wouldn't thrust out my hand to shake his.  Second, no way this little doosh chest bumps a guy a foot taller than him.  And the jock dude's look on his face as he walks away?  Like he's confused or put off by the new beau after giving her the "hey, I've had your feet behind your head before, how's you new guy like knowing that" look when they first run into each other.  He should either be gibing the eye roll of "sorry you're with this twerp now" or the "call me" look as he walks away.  Not whatever he is trying to convey with his "pinching one out" face squish he goes with.

That commercial is bad, but I do like how the girl looks her old boyfriend up and down... like mmmm, when did you start working out?  That's sort of funny.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, fruity pebbles said:

Here’s Trumpy bear if anyone hasn’t seen it. There’s no way any commercial or product is worse.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=i9qv8RSreIM

I'm buying everyone one of these this Christmas:

https://www.amazon.com/Collectible-President-Donald-Trump-Troll/dp/B06XNXQQ6D/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_21_lp_img_3/130-6028807-4268233?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=MHWZV7RTPB5JXHREAQAX

• Like 1

The new Verizon commercials where they imply that they are innovative because someone else, that actually is innovative, came up with a product that requires the use of a wireless provider.  Those chips that detect how cold the fish are or where traffic bottlenecks are could go through a prepaid plan from walmart.  But apparently these inventions all came about because Verizon believed in them.

• Like 1