Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

I post my least favorite commercials here

26 minutes ago, Chemical X said:

I just don't understand the incessant car commercials.  I mean, does anyone buy a car based on a commercial.

I know I wouldn't even consider a Chevy if I was ever in the market for a new car, no matter my price range.

• Like 2
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still want to punch that curly haired kid who claims she doesn't know what a computer is in the face.

Excited neighbor: Hey man, check out these cool Xmas decorations I got for our yard! GMC-buying DB: So what? Mine lights up too *hits remote, truck beeps* EN: Wow, that's awesome, thanks for

What's a computer? It's what I'm going to beat you to death with.  

3 hours ago, Chemical X said:

I just don't understand the incessant car commercials.  I mean, does anyone buy a car based on a commercial.

I don't get it.  There must be some research that indicates it's an effective means of automobile advertising, but i can't understand who would be swayed by them.

• Like 2

They are running the Discover card commercials non-stop during the NHL Playoffs and both are making my ears bleed. 

The Asian girl singing "mo money, mo monaeeey" 

The AA woman talking about notifications and then the dog walk over and shakes toilet water on here. Her scream could scare a ghost out of your house. 

13 minutes ago, glvsav37 said:

They are running the Discover card commercials non-stop during the NHL Playoffs and both are making my ears bleed. 

The Asian girl singing "mo money, mo monaeeey" 

The AA woman talking about notifications and then the dog walk over and shakes toilet water on here. Her scream could scare a ghost out of your house. 

Racist.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Drunken knight said:

subway "make it what you want."

please stop

It's on every single time TruTV goes to commercials.  

4 minutes ago, Drunken knight said:

and on many sports channels  :wall:

Pretty much all I watch... NFLN, ESPN and TruTV (I'm a sucker for Impractical Jokers, even if I've seen the episode 7 times) :lol:

So yeah I get that dang Subway commercial 100 times a day it seems like.

3 minutes ago, nirad3 said:

Pretty much all I watch... NFLN, ESPN and TruTV (I'm a sucker for Impractical Jokers, even if I've seen the episode 7 times) :lol:

So yeah I get that dang Subway commercial 100 times a day it seems like.

:hot:

• Like 1
On 6/4/2018 at 9:57 AM, Bull Dozier said:

I know I wouldn't even consider a Chevy if I was ever in the market for a new car, no matter my price range.

Speaking of Chevy - how about all those commercials of theirs with "real people" talking about the type of car. Lo and behold, a CHEVY happens to be the answer to their questions.

As an added level of stupidity, there's one where they ask people to name the three things they want in a car, then show them a CHEVY that has all those things! :wall: 

On 6/1/2018 at 6:15 PM, nirad3 said:

The guy entering federal witness protection who turns it down cuz they give him a boring, tan SUV.  

Nah, I'll go get beaten with a baseball bat and thrown in the East River cuz they're giving me a tan Ford Escape.

Why not accept the new identity and house and say "hey, can I just keep my black Audi?  No biggie, right?"

Dumb.

I've seen this commercial hundreds of times and I misunderstood it until now.  I thought he was taking the witness protection, because he liked the car they offered.

Also, I have no idea what company/car the commercial is for.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, shuke said:

I've seen this commercial hundreds of times and I misunderstood it until now.  I thought he was taking the witness protection, because he liked the car they offered.

This is a problem with so many commercials.  A super annoying or overplayed commercial comes on and I think "oh, I have to post this in that thread on my message board" but then I don't even remember what product the commericial was for.  Searching "annoying commercial with moron husband married to beautiful and overly intelligent wife" doesn't narrow it down enough.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

Speaking of Chevy - how about all those commercials of theirs with "real people" talking about the type of car. Lo and behold, a CHEVY happens to be the answer to their questions.

As an added level of stupidity, there's one where they ask people to name the three things they want in a car, then show them a CHEVY that has all those things! :wall: 

Can’t believe nobody mentioned that one yet

• Like 3
30 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I kind of got a chuckle out of most Progressive Flo commercials and the ones making fun of Jaime were normally the funniest (sprinkles are for winners).

But stand alone Jaime commercials? Awful.

I'm embarrased to admit the one where he is directing the choir was funny to me for a few times.  Of course then I've seen it several hundred times since I last enjoyed it and want to jab a pncil in my ear when it comes on.

1 hour ago, Bull Dozier said:

I'm embarrased to admit the one where he is directing the choir was funny to me for a few times.  Of course then I've seen it several hundred times since I last enjoyed it and want to jab a pncil in my ear when it comes on.

Me likey the singer that's closest to the camera.  The female one.  :oldunsure:

• Like 1
On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 1:45 PM, Chemical X said:

there is this dopey TV google assistant commercial on now.  husband and wife in giant all glass house, like millions, watching tv, when dopey dad asks who,the actor is.  he laughs like a serial killer when his young daughter wanders in and says she is hungry.  dopey dad asks assistant for nearest greek restaurant....3 options come up, 2 are downtown manhattan and 1 is midtown.  so, where does this live, cause that house ain’t in manhattan.  also, his young daughter is hungry so he needs a greek restaurant.  stupid all around.

why does he laugh like that?!!!?? idiot. Hate that commercial

• Like 2
15 hours ago, shuke said:

Sounds like the perfect ad. They sure got what they were paying for I'm sure.

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:08 AM, Andy Dufresne said:

I kind of got a chuckle out of most Progressive Flo commercials and the ones making fun of Jaime were normally the funniest (sprinkles are for winners).

But stand alone Jaime commercials? Awful.

There is a guy in my fantasy football league that kindof looks like Jamie.  Makes the commercials so much better.

3 minutes ago, Radio Free Homer said:

Rockauto.com and their marketing department can burn to the ground, please. Annoying, abrasive, catchy, and always 40% louder than whatever show happens to be on.

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/Ai9x/rockauto-on-the-big-stage

Yeah, Beavis and Butthead called... they want their animation back.

What’s the commercial with the guy wanting to check things off of his bucket list and somehow thinks that ziplning allows him to ‘defy gravity’?

Edited by Epic Problem
  • Like 1

The Allstate ad with the smarmy kid who had a fender bender at a drive-thru makes me rage. He doubles down on his smarm by telling his folks the lesson he learned. 

He needs placed in a trebuchet and launched into the ocean. 

Edited by Tom Servo
  • Like 3

One of those awful chevy guy ads is pretty discriminatory if anyone has noticed.  it’s the one with people on a first date, looking at trucks, where the host we want to kill says you can fit your 5 kids, etc.  they cut very fast to and from couples, up close and long distance.  if you catch it fast enough, one of the couples is 2 women, only shown from a distance, while everyone else gets an up close.  awful all around.

2 hours ago, Chemical X said:

One of those awful chevy guy ads is pretty discriminatory if anyone has noticed.  it’s the one with people on a first date, looking at trucks, where the host we want to kill says you can fit your 5 kids, etc.  they cut very fast to and from couples, up close and long distance.  if you catch it fast enough, one of the couples is 2 women, only shown from a distance, while everyone else gets an up close.  awful all around.

I haven't seen it, but it sounds dumb.

But just from reading your post, it seems like you're looking pretty hard for something to offend you.  :unsure:

5 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

I haven't seen it, but it sounds dumb.

But just from reading your post, it seems like you're looking pretty hard for something to offend you.  :unsure:

Oh, don't get me wrong, nothing offends me.  Actually, the chevy guy offends me.  Its just an odd commercial and it plays constantly, I kind of noticed the 2 women date thing.  I guess what I am saying is, if I noticed, I am surprised some group somewhere hasn't also noticed and started twitter uproar or outrage.

• Like 1

Can we add radio commercials here?  

One I hear all the time on sports talk radio here locally in SoCal for Zoom video conferencing.

"The best part about Zoom video conferencing is... that it works!"

Really?  :loco:

good lord, have we not talked about the commercial for some toe fungus medicine where people have feet as hands?  what the actual eff?

• Like 3
On 6/16/2018 at 5:03 PM, fruity pebbles said:

Any of the Nugenix commercials with Frank Thomas, but particularly the one thats set up like a press conference.

The really bad one is where the couple is walking into the gym and the wife calls Thomas "The Big Hunk".

Way to emasculate your husband, sweet cakes. :thumbdown:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tom Servo said:

The really bad one is where the couple is walking into the gym and the wife calls Thomas "The Big Hunk".

Way to emasculate your husband, sweet cakes. :thumbdown:

:lmao: the best part is the dude's reaction... like a half-chuckle "yeah"

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Radio Free Homer said:

Has anyone mentioned the aural assault and battery that is the State Farm "She Shed" commercial?  Everyone involved in its production should be placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds.

this