What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I post my least favorite commercials here (5 Viewers)

The guy entering federal witness protection who turns it down cuz they give him a boring, tan SUV.  

Nah, I'll go get beaten with a baseball bat and thrown in the East River cuz they're giving me a tan Ford Escape.

Why not accept the new identity and house and say "hey, can I just keep my black Audi?  No biggie, right?"

Dumb.
I've seen this commercial hundreds of times and I misunderstood it until now.  I thought he was taking the witness protection, because he liked the car they offered.

Also, I have no idea what company/car the commercial is for.

shuke said:
I've seen this commercial hundreds of times and I misunderstood it until now.  I thought he was taking the witness protection, because he liked the car they offered.

This is a problem with so many commercials.  A super annoying or overplayed commercial comes on and I think "oh, I have to post this in that thread on my message board" but then I don't even remember what product the commericial was for.  Searching "annoying commercial with moron husband married to beautiful and overly intelligent wife" doesn't narrow it down enough.

Speaking of Chevy - how about all those commercials of theirs with "real people" talking about the type of car. Lo and behold, a CHEVY happens to be the answer to their questions.

As an added level of stupidity, there's one where they ask people to name the three things they want in a car, then show them a CHEVY that has all those things! :wall:  
Can’t believe nobody mentioned that one yet

I kind of got a chuckle out of most Progressive Flo commercials and the ones making fun of Jaime were normally the funniest (sprinkles are for winners).

But stand alone Jaime commercials? Awful.

I kind of got a chuckle out of most Progressive Flo commercials and the ones making fun of Jaime were normally the funniest (sprinkles are for winners).

I'm embarrased to admit the one where he is directing the choir was funny to me for a few times.  Of course then I've seen it several hundred times since I last enjoyed it and want to jab a pncil in my ear when it comes on.

I'm embarrased to admit the one where he is directing the choir was funny to me for a few times.  Of course then I've seen it several hundred times since I last enjoyed it and want to jab a pncil in my ear when it comes on.
Me likey the singer that's closest to the camera.  The female one.   :oldunsure:

there is this dopey TV google assistant commercial on now.  husband and wife in giant all glass house, like millions, watching tv, when dopey dad asks who,the actor is.  he laughs like a serial killer when his young daughter wanders in and says she is hungry.  dopey dad asks assistant for nearest greek restaurant....3 options come up, 2 are downtown manhattan and 1 is midtown.  so, where does this live, cause that house ain’t in manhattan.  also, his young daughter is hungry so he needs a greek restaurant.  stupid all around.
why does he laugh like that?!!!?? idiot. Hate that commercial

shuke said:

Sounds like the perfect ad. They sure got what they were paying for I'm sure.

There is a guy in my fantasy football league that kindof looks like Jamie.  Makes the commercials so much better.

What’s the commercial with the guy wanting to check things off of his bucket list and somehow thinks that ziplning allows him to ‘defy gravity’?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Allstate ad with the smarmy kid who had a fender bender at a drive-thru makes me rage. He doubles down on his smarm by telling his folks the lesson he learned. 

He needs placed in a trebuchet and launched into the ocean. 

Last edited by a moderator:
One of those awful chevy guy ads is pretty discriminatory if anyone has noticed.  it’s the one with people on a first date, looking at trucks, where the host we want to kill says you can fit your 5 kids, etc.  they cut very fast to and from couples, up close and long distance.  if you catch it fast enough, one of the couples is 2 women, only shown from a distance, while everyone else gets an up close.  awful all around.

One of those awful chevy guy ads is pretty discriminatory if anyone has noticed.  it’s the one with people on a first date, looking at trucks, where the host we want to kill says you can fit your 5 kids, etc.  they cut very fast to and from couples, up close and long distance.  if you catch it fast enough, one of the couples is 2 women, only shown from a distance, while everyone else gets an up close.  awful all around.
I haven't seen it, but it sounds dumb.

But just from reading your post, it seems like you're looking pretty hard for something to offend you.  :unsure:

I haven't seen it, but it sounds dumb.

But just from reading your post, it seems like you're looking pretty hard for something to offend you.  :unsure:
Oh, don't get me wrong, nothing offends me.  Actually, the chevy guy offends me.  Its just an odd commercial and it plays constantly, I kind of noticed the 2 women date thing.  I guess what I am saying is, if I noticed, I am surprised some group somewhere hasn't also noticed and started twitter uproar or outrage.

Can we add radio commercials here?  

One I hear all the time on sports talk radio here locally in SoCal for Zoom video conferencing.

"The best part about Zoom video conferencing is... that it works!"

Really?   :loco:

good lord, have we not talked about the commercial for some toe fungus medicine where people have feet as hands?  what the actual eff?
A local radio station has a "retro lunch" and believe it or not it is brought to you by a toe fungus sponsor. Makes me want to bite into my sandwich oh yeah.

the walmart commercial where the usual idiot dad decides to make his wife breakfast in bed.  he apparently orders grocery online to pick up.  but he goes out in his robe.  would you ever leave the house, besides to check mail, in a bath robe?

Chemical X said:
the walmart commercial where the usual idiot dad decides to make his wife breakfast in bed.  he apparently orders grocery online to pick up.  but he goes out in his robe.  would you ever leave the house, besides to check mail, in a bath robe?
Just noticed this one yesterday.  Gah.

Bull Dozier said:
Walmart shoppers might.
:bag:   Wal-Mart shopper here.  Stuff is a good 10-20% cheaper.  We're not rolling around in those scooters every weekend, but we'll go 1-2 times every 2-3 months and load up on $150 worth of stuff that would have probably cost $200 at Target.

Just noticed this one yesterday.  Gah.

:bag:   Wal-Mart shopper here.  Stuff is a good 10-20% cheaper.  We're not rolling around in those scooters every weekend, but we'll go 1-2 times every 2-3 months and load up on $150 worth of stuff that would have probably cost $200 at Target.
I meant no personal offense, but I never pass up a softball when I see one.

Do you just throw on a robe?  
I am perpetually hot, so the very thought of wearing a body-sized towel literally makes me sweat.  I think I tried one on at a fancy hotel during my honeymoon and had it off within 3 minutes.  

That said, I just throw on some cargo shorts and Crocs and fit right in.

Users who are viewing this thread