Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

I post my least favorite commercials here

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:44 PM, nirad3 said:

good lord, have we not talked about the commercial for some toe fungus medicine where people have feet as hands?  what the actual eff?

A local radio station has a "retro lunch" and believe it or not it is brought to you by a toe fungus sponsor. Makes me want to bite into my sandwich oh yeah.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still want to punch that curly haired kid who claims she doesn't know what a computer is in the face.

Excited neighbor: Hey man, check out these cool Xmas decorations I got for our yard! GMC-buying DB: So what? Mine lights up too *hits remote, truck beeps* EN: Wow, that's awesome, thanks for

Hey. Hey. What you doing on your computer? What's a computer?       Millennials, amirite?

the walmart commercial where the usual idiot dad decides to make his wife breakfast in bed.  he apparently orders grocery online to pick up.  but he goes out in his robe.  would you ever leave the house, besides to check mail, in a bath robe?

11 hours ago, Chemical X said:

the walmart commercial where the usual idiot dad decides to make his wife breakfast in bed.  he apparently orders grocery online to pick up.  but he goes out in his robe.  would you ever leave the house, besides to check mail, in a bath robe?

Walmart shoppers might.

• Like 5
17 hours ago, Chemical X said:

Just noticed this one yesterday.  Gah.

5 hours ago, Bull Dozier said:

Walmart shoppers might.

:bag:  Wal-Mart shopper here.  Stuff is a good 10-20% cheaper.  We're not rolling around in those scooters every weekend, but we'll go 1-2 times every 2-3 months and load up on $150 worth of stuff that would have probably cost $200 at Target.

35 minutes ago, nirad3 said:

:bag:  Wal-Mart shopper here.  Stuff is a good 10-20% cheaper.  We're not rolling around in those scooters every weekend, but we'll go 1-2 times every 2-3 months and load up on $150 worth of stuff that would have probably cost $200 at Target.

Do you just throw on a robe?  

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, nirad3 said:

I meant no personal offense, but I never pass up a softball when I see one.

6 minutes ago, Vanilla Guerrilla said:

Do you just throw on a robe?  

I am perpetually hot, so the very thought of wearing a body-sized towel literally makes me sweat.  I think I tried one on at a fancy hotel during my honeymoon and had it off within 3 minutes.  

That said, I just throw on some cargo shorts and Crocs and fit right in.

On 6/7/2018 at 5:37 PM, Epic Problem said:

What’s the commercial with the guy wanting to check things off of his bucket list and somehow thinks that ziplning allows him to ‘defy gravity’?

Its one of the generic, cookie-cutter hair places and it still drives me mad every time I see it 

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/wTl0/supercuts-cameron-super-ready-song-by-bakermat

• Like 1
1 hour ago, nirad3 said:

I am perpetually hot, so the very thought of wearing a body-sized towel literally makes me sweat.  I think I tried one on at a fancy hotel during my honeymoon and had it off within 3 minutes.  

That said, I just throw on some cargo shorts and Crocs and fit right in.

AKA, Walmart black tie.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Ugh.  Mazda's TV commercial that is just a bunch of "catchy" phrases... "feel.. alive." ... "spread your wings...".  Blah blah blah..... has made its way to Pandora's commercial run.

So annoyingly stupid.

• Like 2
On 7/19/2018 at 7:59 PM, Andy Dufresne said:

Sprint's robots...

Matches the dumbness of the ex -Verizon guy, I guess. 

Holy ####, yes. It's not as bad as Paul, but whatever ad agency Sprint hired is just stealing their money. I would actually consider Sprint on a pricing basis, but eff them and their commercials. I'll continue to overpay Verizon (even tho Thomas is pretty freaking annoying as well. And don't get me started on Toyota Jan).

• 5 weeks later...

They're on Spotify. Yeah...I know...the free version.

Allegra commercial with kid wanting to play basketball with his allergy suffering dad. The way the kid overacts has me cringe every time.."I guess I'll just play by myself :kicksrock: " .... "You're on, dad!".

The Shaq ones for something where he recites wisdom. 

I also still want to punch Nigel the xyzal owl right in the ####### beak.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Statorama said:

They need to put an end to political commercials.

You can't advertise Marlboro, so don't tell me it can't get done.

Heck, I'd even settle for them not popping up during YouTube videos.

I miss the good old days when general election ads didn't start airing until after Labor Day and never on Sunday.

Good times.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 8:58 AM, Chemical X said:

for those with IBS, there is a linzess commercial on TV where they show people sitting on the crapper.

Oh, joy. <_< 

On ‎7‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 3:09 PM, Radio Free Homer said:

Has anyone mentioned the aural assault and battery that is the State Farm "She Shed" commercial?  Everyone involved in its production should be placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds.

Ugh, maybe it already has been for a while and I only recently heard it, but they have a radio commercial version of "She Shed" too. Makes me want to stab myself in the ears.

• Like 1

What's the commercial where the dad is given constant 'helpful' reminders of what to do via home device?  It ends with a message, again via device's computer voice, from the mom saying he's doing a good job and she loves him.

It's really, really patronizing.  Also, that dude doesn't really exist anymore.  ...but if he does he's taken a bat to that machine and certainly didn't run across town in the rain to bring the baby to a playdate.  So stupid.

• Like 3
6 minutes ago, trader jake said:

What's the commercial where the dad is given constant 'helpful' reminders of what to do via home device?  It ends with a message, again via device's computer voice, from the mom saying he's doing a good job and she loves him.

It's really, really patronizing.  Also, that dude doesn't really exist anymore.  ...but if he does he's taken a bat to that machine and certainly didn't run across town in the rain to bring the baby to a playdate.  So stupid.

Agreed, this is dumb.  Also, I hate these "home devices" or whatever you want to call them.  I will never own one.

26 minutes ago, trader jake said:

changes his shirt from scene to scene too.  laura loves him.

I don't get it. The daughter knows he's not an astronaut. He knows Chicago isn't a planet, right? Is this a regular thing he does? Then why doesn't he have the stuff already. Really just looks like a commercial for wasting money on stuff you're only going to use once then throw away. Perfect for a credit card I guess. 

• Like 2
On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 0:47 PM, [scooter] said:

Not a fan of the "Slingers" commercials, either. Commercials should not lead to awkward questions from children. :hot:

It started out borderline with that first couple. It pole vaulted into :yucky: when they started showing the gal with the Peg Bundy hair and her mountain man husband.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tom Servo said:

It started out borderline with that first couple. It pole vaulted into :yucky: when they started showing the gal with the Peg Bundy hair and her mountain man husband.

I'm not going to sit here and let you bad-mouth Nick Offerman like that. I will stab you with a fork.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Walking Boot said:

I don't get it. The daughter knows he's not an astronaut. He knows Chicago isn't a planet, right? Is this a regular thing he does? Then why doesn't he have the stuff already. Really just looks like a commercial for wasting money on stuff you're only going to use once then throw away. Perfect for a credit card I guess. 

Can't get behind the hate for this one. A dad spending some money on cheap crap he can throw out to make his video chat with his daughter a little more special does not deserve critique 

• Like 3
16 hours ago, heckmanm said:
18 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

I'm not going to sit here and let you bad-mouth Nick Offerman like that. I will stab you with a fork.

And the Peg Bundy wannabe is Megan Mullally.

2 hours ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

Flo from Progressive visiting her "sister" Janice. 

:mellow:

She's blasting her quads, though. Believe it or not, women like that commercial. It plays in Peoria. She just wants to sell her homeowner's insurance...

:mellow:

On 10/10/2018 at 10:27 AM, trader jake said:

####### righteous. He told her long ago not to do that because that was massively uncomfortable and sucked. He's not her #####. 

Then again, isn't that a lot of modern commercial life? Being your wife's #####? And being okay with it to sell products? Thank God for capitalism. They used to call controlling the finances "husbandry." Nice to see a full 180 degrees on that front. 

Edited by rockaction
On 10/10/2018 at 2:07 PM, Bull Dozier said:

I know this is the hate thread, but I love the newest progressive commercial which is effectively mocking the Chevy commercials, which are still the worst ones running.

was it this

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 10/10/2018 at 2:07 PM, Bull Dozier said:

I know this is the hate thread, but I love the newest progressive commercial which is effectively mocking the Chevy commercials, which are still the worst ones running.

Yes. This is still the worst commercial going right now. Progressive ad people are smart to rip them.

• Like 2