What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I post my least favorite commercials here (3 Viewers)

Ugh.  Mazda's TV commercial that is just a bunch of "catchy" phrases... "feel.. alive." ... "spread your wings...".  Blah blah blah..... has made its way to Pandora's commercial run.

So annoyingly stupid.

Sprint's robots...

Matches the dumbness of the ex -Verizon guy, I guess. 
Holy ####, yes. It's not as bad as Paul, but whatever ad agency Sprint hired is just stealing their money. I would actually consider Sprint on a pricing basis, but eff them and their commercials. I'll continue to overpay Verizon (even tho Thomas is pretty freaking annoying as well. And don't get me started on Toyota Jan).

They're on Spotify. Yeah...I know...the free version.

Allegra commercial with kid wanting to play basketball with his allergy suffering dad. The way the kid overacts has me cringe every time.."I guess I'll just play by myself :kicksrock: " .... "You're on, dad!".

The Shaq ones for something where he recites wisdom. 

I also still want to punch Nigel the xyzal owl right in the ####### beak.

Subway spot with the guy forcing the leaf blower in the other guy's face.  Come on, Subway.  Nobody wants to see that.  

They need to put an end to political commercials.

You can't advertise Marlboro, so don't tell me it can't get done.

Heck, I'd even settle for them not popping up during YouTube videos.
I miss the good old days when general election ads didn't start airing until after Labor Day and never on Sunday.

Good times.

Has anyone mentioned the aural assault and battery that is the State Farm "She Shed" commercial?  Everyone involved in its production should be placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds.
Ugh, maybe it already has been for a while and I only recently heard it, but they have a radio commercial version of "She Shed" too. Makes me want to stab myself in the ears.

What's the commercial where the dad is given constant 'helpful' reminders of what to do via home device?  It ends with a message, again via device's computer voice, from the mom saying he's doing a good job and she loves him.

It's really, really patronizing.  Also, that dude doesn't really exist anymore.  ...but if he does he's taken a bat to that machine and certainly didn't run across town in the rain to bring the baby to a playdate.  So stupid.

What's the commercial where the dad is given constant 'helpful' reminders of what to do via home device?  It ends with a message, again via device's computer voice, from the mom saying he's doing a good job and she loves him.

It's really, really patronizing.  Also, that dude doesn't really exist anymore.  ...but if he does he's taken a bat to that machine and certainly didn't run across town in the rain to bring the baby to a playdate.  So stupid.
Agreed, this is dumb.  Also, I hate these "home devices" or whatever you want to call them.  I will never own one.

changes his shirt from scene to scene too.  laura loves him.

Not a fan of the "Slingers" commercials, either. Commercials should not lead to awkward questions from children. :hot:
It started out borderline with that first couple. It pole vaulted into :yucky: when they started showing the gal with the Peg Bundy hair and her mountain man husband.

It started out borderline with that first couple. It pole vaulted into :yucky: when they started showing the gal with the Peg Bundy hair and her mountain man husband.
I'm not going to sit here and let you bad-mouth Nick Offerman like that. I will stab you with a fork.

Walking Boot said:
I don't get it. The daughter knows he's not an astronaut. He knows Chicago isn't a planet, right? Is this a regular thing he does? Then why doesn't he have the stuff already. Really just looks like a commercial for wasting money on stuff you're only going to use once then throw away. Perfect for a credit card I guess. 
Can't get behind the hate for this one. A dad spending some money on cheap crap he can throw out to make his video chat with his daughter a little more special does not deserve critique 

####### righteous. He told her long ago not to do that because that was massively uncomfortable and sucked. He's not her #####. 

Then again, isn't that a lot of modern commercial life? Being your wife's #####? And being okay with it to sell products? Thank God for capitalism. They used to call controlling the finances "husbandry." Nice to see a full 180 degrees on that front. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The Aaron Rodgers insurance commercials with his agent competing with an insurance agent.  The only sport agent that was ever a sympathetic figure was Jerry McGuire.  For a guy that is pretty entertaining, his commercials in the last few years have been very meh.

Vanilla Guerrilla said:
The Aaron Rodgers insurance commercials with his agent competing with an insurance agent.  The only sport agent that was ever a sympathetic figure was Jerry McGuire.  For a guy that is pretty entertaining, his commercials in the last few years have been very meh.
Disagree. I love the delivery of the line "I did not expect to get an arch rival today, but here we are."

The second in the series is meh, but they is potential here.  Of course they are only entertaining a few times and quickly get overplayed so no matter how good they are, we will see them a million times after they become tired regardless. 

Disagree. I love the delivery of the line "I did not expect to get an arch rival today, but here we are."

The second in the series is meh, but they is potential here.  Of course they are only entertaining a few times and quickly get overplayed so no matter how good they are, we will see them a million times after they become tired regardless. 
I've seen two other ones in the series and they stink.  The line you quoted is the only good thing about it.  It's only going downhill.

I've seen two other ones in the series and they stink.  The line you quoted is the only good thing about it.  It's only going downhill.

Doesn't help that A-aron's agent sounds like Kermit the Frog. 

#Banana in the tailpipe.

Users who are viewing this thread