Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

I post my least favorite commercials here

20 hours ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Only in Pennsylvania (and maybe surrounding states) but the pa lottery commercials must be done by lobotomy patients.

They’ve gotten an incredible amount of mileage out of the Christmas one. 

21 hours ago, Long Ball Larry said:

Only in Pennsylvania (and maybe surrounding states) but the pa lottery commercials must be done by lobotomy patients.

What? You have a problem with Pennsylvania's 2nd most famous groundhog?

So these Dr. Pepper Fansville commercials.  Most were crappie and the payoff at the end was pretty bad.   Les Miles stole the trophy and got stuck by lightning.  I was hoping it would be Larry from the previous campaigns.  

The refs neighbors wasn't too bad but the only ones I sorta liked were with the young couple (Romeo and Juliet).  "You're wearing a wire?  YOU'RE WEARING A WIRE!?!?"

Overall a pretty bad campaign imo.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

So these Dr. Pepper Fansville commercials.  Most were crappie and the payoff at the end was pretty bad.   Les Miles stole the trophy and got stuck by lightning.  I was hoping it would be Larry from the previous campaigns.  

The refs neighbors wasn't too bad but the only ones I sorta liked were with the young couple (Romeo and Juliet).  "You're wearing a wire?  YOU'RE WEARING A WIRE!?!?"

Overall a pretty bad campaign imo.  

I liked them.  While there weren't enough unique commercials in proportion to how often they were played, they were above average.  The over acting dramatic moments (eg, "that's his Dr Pepper hand!" were funny, but only the first time or two.  After that they got tired, but they were good the first few plays.

Les Miles getting struck by lightning actually made me chuckle.

On 1/9/2019 at 9:59 AM, Bull Dozier said:

I liked them.  While there weren't enough unique commercials in proportion to how often they were played, they were above average.  The over acting dramatic moments (eg, "that's his Dr Pepper hand!" were funny, but only the first time or two.  After that they got tired, but they were good the first few plays.

Les Miles getting struck by lightning actually made me chuckle.

I like the Dr. Pepper mom. 

• Like 3

All these people running around in colored jump suits.  Why?

Of all the Geico ads past and present that they want people to vote on as their favorite, this one where the musicians are following around the librarian has to be the worst.  They've officially run out of ideas.  

5 minutes ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

Is there some copyright law that prevents advertisers from using the words Super Bowl?

It is awkward watching commercials for beer/snack foods/bars where everyone is in front of a TV, decked out in football jerseys, and the narrator says, "stock up for the Super Bowl  Big Game". 

Yes they make you pay to say Super Bowl. I expect Roger to show up at my front door shortly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daywalker said:

Why does Bud Light think anyone cares about their new nutritional label?  Bizarre.

I saw an article about this.  Supposedly this is to make people rethink the high calorie content of craft beer.  

1 hour ago, shuke said:
4 hours ago, Daywalker said:

Why does Bud Light think anyone cares about their new nutritional label?  Bizarre.

I saw an article about this.  Supposedly this is to make people rethink the high calorie content of craft beer.  

I figured it was also a nod to the "real food", "clean eating" people.

And it's pretty silly to have a nutritional label without alcohol content - looks like 110 calories from 0g fat, 6.6g carbs, and 0.9g protein.  You'd think they'd include the 11+g alcohol on there, too, if the goal was to be open and informative.

On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:27 PM, Insein said:

The ### #### FiOS kid with the lisp and the know-it-all attitude like he ####### did something because his friends parent s bought high speed internet. I seriously want to punch him square in the throat 

Disagree.

On 1/20/2019 at 10:27 PM, Insein said:

The ### #### FiOS kid with the lisp and the know-it-all attitude like he ####### did something because his friends parent s bought high speed internet. I seriously want to punch him square in the throat 

You leave Dustin alone!!!

Also it isn't really just a lisp, the actor has cleidocranial dysplasia

Edited by sho nuff