Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

I post my least favorite commercials here

22 hours ago, offdee said:

The Martha Stewart one where guy is cutting potatoes and “slices his finger off”, brings his hand up to screen to show no finger but not a trace of blood.  Wtf?   Then he proceeds to basically throw himself off of a 20 story patio railing plummeting to his death.   Interesting. 

Awful all around. Skeevy hostess, bleating and screaming, and the thought of a mangled digit. Something for everyone to hate.

• Sad 1

The Baker Mayfield one at the fuse box trying to turn ON the blender for his gf...technically this doesn’t make sense.   If the blender outlet isn’t working means a fuse was blown and it would switch to Off in the box and would be clear as day which one needed to be reset (it would be the only one in a different direction than all the other fuse switches) 

Fuse labels are only valuable when you want to turn an outlet or light OFF

Edited by offdee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, offdee said:

The Baker Mayfield one at the fuse box trying to turn ON the blender for his gf...technically this doesn’t make sense.   If the blender outlet isn’t working means a fuse was blown and it would switch to Off in the box and would be clear as day which one needed to be reset (it would be the only one in a different direction than all the other fuse switches) 

:goodposting:He's clearly turning breakers OFF (viz, floor cleaner guy) 

On 9/26/2019 at 10:24 PM, offdee said:

Least that one is semi comical  "I don't know who labelled this thing"

On 9/30/2019 at 6:34 AM, fruity pebbles said:

Geico “Antonio” pony ad. I wanna punch that kid right in the face.

You can thank Napoleon Dynamite for things like this.  The overly "random" things like the pony and the other kid with the "mom" coffee cup.  Yeah, come on.

On 9/30/2019 at 8:13 AM, Godsbrother said:

I see this DriveWise commercial at least 5 times a day for well over a year.  It makes me sick.   Just once I would like to see a car careen into this idiot sitting in the middle of the street. 

it's all worth it for the "wanna go bro??" guy.  

1 hour ago, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

I came here to post this ... specifically the "whisper" version (parents w/baby).

It is not just bad, imo, but causes me actual physical discomfort. Weird.

I've been muting/switching channel for this.

And I still pull my earbuds out for the Tide ads on Pandora.  Even worse than the Free Phone Football one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All drug commercials are terrible but saw an ED one that really set a new low. Bunch of random older dudes holding different shaped vegetables like carrots, cucumbers, etc. turning them around in their hands staring intently at them as stand ins for their junk. What were these people thinking?

:yucky:

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

20 minutes ago, Buckna said:

All drug commercials are terrible but saw an ED one that really set a new low. Bunch of random older dudes holding different shaped vegetables like carrots, cucumbers, etc. turning them around in their hands staring intently at them as stand ins for their junk. What were these people thinking?

:yucky:

They were obviously thinking about their junk.

• Laughing 3

21 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I want to be the official "Your commercial makes no sense" guy.

Dr Pepper "State" fan is proud of his "Tech" clad toddler...until the latter stars trash talking State.

THE TODDLER DIDN'T DRESS HIMSELF! Your commercial makes no sense.

Michael Scott slapping table and yelling THANK YOU! dot gif

22 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Dr Pepper "State" fan is proud of his "Tech" clad toddler...until the latter stars trash talking State.

Was coming here to post this.  I'm so glad I'm not the only one.  :shrug:

On 10/13/2019 at 2:27 PM, Andy Dufresne said:

Yes and no.  If you want to be super literal, yes, the commercial makes no sense.  If you want to look at what they are trying to satire, it makes sense.  The baby looks like someone else's baby, but dad has no reason to believe he isn't the father, until of course the baby says Tech sucks.  Then it becomes undeniable.  it's funny, but not if you want to think about it.

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:01 AM, Bull Dozier said:

Yes and no.  If you want to be super literal, yes, the commercial makes no sense.  If you want to look at what they are trying to satire, it makes sense.  The baby looks like someone else's baby, but dad has no reason to believe he isn't the father, until of course the baby says Tech sucks.  Then it becomes undeniable.  it's funny, but not if you want to think about it.

I guess that would explain Mom looking away while slurping the Dr. Pepper.

2 hours ago, Jayrok said:

Fansville spot from last season when baby was born.

Now a year later the dad still doesn't realize the baby wasn't his?  I mean they constantly choose to dress him in Tech colors.  "HEY DAD, YOUR WIFE IS BANGING A TECH FAN. GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR BUTT-HOLE."  

I mean, the baby came out wearing Tech gear.  I don't think it's safe to assume this is a universe where they are dressing the kid.

• Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

7 hours ago, Jayrok said:

Fansville spot from last season when baby was born.

Now a year later the dad still doesn't realize the baby wasn't his?  I mean they constantly choose to dress him in Tech colors.  "HEY DAD, YOUR WIFE IS BANGING A TECH FAN. GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR BUTT-HOLE."  

Ohhh...I get it out now.

That's a really long play...for a stupid joke.

But at least it's not the Culpepper guy.

20 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

Ohhh...I get it out now.

That's a really long play...for a stupid joke.

But at least it's not the Culpepper guy.

I'm really surprised the joke still isn't obvious even without the backstory, with the wife's look giving it away.  :shrug:

Burger King's Cheesy Tots.

In one commercial, the stupid kid says "I like snacks..."

REALLY? YOU LIKE SNACKS? THAT'S A PRETTY BRAVE STATEMENT THERE, BUDDY. WELL GUESS WHAT? YOU'RE IN LUCK. BECAUSE WE AT BURGER KING HAVE CREATED A FOOD PRODUCT THAT IS SPECIFICALLY ENGINEERED TO CATER TO THE TINY MINORITY OF THE POPULATION WHO ADMIT TO ENJOYING A SNACK. IT'S A GOOD THING THAT WE COMMISSIONED THIS 'MAN ON THE STREET' SURVEY OR ELSE WE NEVER WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FIND ANYONE IN THE WORLD WHO LIKES SNACKS.

In the other commercial, the same stupid kid says "A dollar? I got my full meal just from these Cheesy Tots!"

THERE ARE FOUR TOTS IN THE BAG. THAT'S NOT A FULL MEAL.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2
  • Sad 1

Pizza insurance- they give you a free pizza if they screw up your pizza. Sample screw up: online complaint that the toppings were wrong. “We’re going to expedite this next order!”  Then they surprise the customer with her free insurance pizza. 

If it’s a surprise why’d they expedite it?  They probably screwed up the first time due to moving too fast. You’d think they’d take their time and do this one right. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, randall146 said:

Pizza insurance- they give you a free pizza if they screw up your pizza. Sample screw up: online complaint that the toppings were wrong. “We’re going to expedite this next order!”  Then they surprise the customer with her free insurance pizza. 

If it’s a surprise why’d they expedite it?  They probably screwed up the first time due to moving too fast. You’d think they’d take their time and do this one right. 

Not to mention if they’re surprising them at dinner time, there’s probably already another meal being cooked, so one is going to go to waste or stuck in the fridge as leftovers 

• Thinking 1

3 minutes ago, heckmanm said:

Not to mention if they’re surprising them at dinner time, there’s probably already another meal being cooked, so one is going to go to waste or stuck in the fridge as leftovers 

I doubt anyone is going to start another dinner because someone left off a topping, but the waste element of this is real.