Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

I post my least favorite commercials here


Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, culdeus said:

I doubt anyone is going to start another dinner because someone left off a topping, but the waste element of this is real.

 

I got the impression the surprise new pizza wasn’t on the same day but maybe I misinterpreted 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still want to punch that curly haired kid who claims she doesn't know what a computer is in the face.

Excited neighbor: Hey man, check out these cool Xmas decorations I got for our yard! GMC-buying DB: So what? Mine lights up too *hits remote, truck beeps* EN: Wow, that's awesome, thanks for

What's a computer? It's what I'm going to beat you to death with.  

37 minutes ago, heckmanm said:

I got the impression the surprise new pizza wasn’t on the same day but maybe I misinterpreted 

Yeah I could see that too.  The whole thing is pretty contrived.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, heckmanm said:

I got the impression the surprise new pizza wasn’t on the same day but maybe I misinterpreted 

Agreed. In the commercial it looks like a surprise visit some other night.

Now customers are going to think they’ll get a surprise pizza if they complain, and be disappointed when they don’t. Seems like the ad creates false flawed pizza claims (insurance fraud) followed by angry customers. 

Edited by randall146
Link to post
Share on other sites

This Anora commercial is the worst because of the song.  First off, I was a kid in the 70's, I always hated the original version of that awful song but my God it's even worse with the new singer, especially the guy at the end, he sounds like he's singing through his nose with a nasal infection.  Honestly, it's like nails on a chalkboard at this point and naturally they play it over and over and over again.  Pretty brutal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sullie said:

This Anora commercial is the worst because of the song.  First off, I was a kid in the 70's, I always hated the original version of that awful song but my God it's even worse with the new singer, especially the guy at the end, he sounds like he's singing through his nose with a nasal infection.  Honestly, it's like nails on a chalkboard at this point and naturally they play it over and over and over again.  Pretty brutal.

 "Side effects may include hearing awful cover versions of songs of the 70's".

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Joe Summer said:

Burger King's Cheesy Tots.

In one commercial, the stupid kid says "I like snacks..."

REALLY? YOU LIKE SNACKS? THAT'S A PRETTY BRAVE STATEMENT THERE, BUDDY. WELL GUESS WHAT? YOU'RE IN LUCK. BECAUSE WE AT BURGER KING HAVE CREATED A FOOD PRODUCT THAT IS SPECIFICALLY ENGINEERED TO CATER TO THE TINY MINORITY OF THE POPULATION WHO ADMIT TO ENJOYING A SNACK. IT'S A GOOD THING THAT WE COMMISSIONED THIS 'MAN ON THE STREET' SURVEY OR ELSE WE NEVER WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FIND ANYONE IN THE WORLD WHO LIKES SNACKS.

In the other commercial, the same stupid kid says "A dollar? I got my full meal just from these Cheesy Tots!"

THERE ARE FOUR TOTS IN THE BAG. THAT'S NOT A FULL MEAL.

"That's a lot of cheese for one dollar!"

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

These dbags who think it's okay to play golf in the city need to be dealt with.  "whachu wanna do?"  "I dunno, whachu wanna do?"  "Hey let's not start that again."   "Hey, I know, let's drive some golf balls off our building and yuck it up.... we'll find a sewer drain somewhere to putt in and then we'll go get some crappy beer."  "yay! That sounds cool!"

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Jayrok said:


These dbags who think it's okay to play golf in the city need to be dealt with.


I do appreciate the new quota system for ethnic friends in Commercial World. It used to be "one black guy for every three white guys", but now it seems to be "one black guy and one Asian guy for every two white guys".

Progress!
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2019 at 4:16 PM, Joe Summer said:

Burger King's Cheesy Tots.

In one commercial, the stupid kid says "I like snacks..."

REALLY? YOU LIKE SNACKS? THAT'S A PRETTY BRAVE STATEMENT THERE, BUDDY. WELL GUESS WHAT? YOU'RE IN LUCK. BECAUSE WE AT BURGER KING HAVE CREATED A FOOD PRODUCT THAT IS SPECIFICALLY ENGINEERED TO CATER TO THE TINY MINORITY OF THE POPULATION WHO ADMIT TO ENJOYING A SNACK. IT'S A GOOD THING THAT WE COMMISSIONED THIS 'MAN ON THE STREET' SURVEY OR ELSE WE NEVER WOULD HAVE BEEN ABLE TO FIND ANYONE IN THE WORLD WHO LIKES SNACKS.

In the other commercial, the same stupid kid says "A dollar? I got my full meal just from these Cheesy Tots!"

THERE ARE FOUR TOTS IN THE BAG. THAT'S NOT A FULL MEAL.

Four "tater" tots.  

For a dollar.  

I keep saying that to myself ...mystified at how several levels of a successful fast food management company thought that this kind of value is deserving of a major promotion.  

While using the lead "I like snacks."

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've only seen it a couple of times, but since the cars as Christmas presents season is upon us, I'm going to reference the new (Chevy?) commercial where people are now giving cars to themselves for Christmas.  One chick even says, "I Secret Santa'd myself"  Ugh. :wall: :wall: 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2019 at 5:29 PM, randall146 said:

Pizza insurance- they give you a free pizza if they screw up your pizza. Sample screw up: online complaint that the toppings were wrong. “We’re going to expedite this next order!”  Then they surprise the customer with her free insurance pizza. 

If it’s a surprise why’d they expedite it?  They probably screwed up the first time due to moving too fast. You’d think they’d take their time and do this one right. 

.

Edited by supermike80
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Binky The Doormat said:

Four "tater" tots.  

For a dollar.  

I keep saying that to myself ...mystified at how several levels of a successful fast food management company thought that this kind of value is deserving of a major promotion.  

While using the lead "I like snacks."

Plus, quite frankly, when they have the extreme closeup of the breaking of the cheesy tot, they look disgusting

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

Plus, quite frankly, when they have the extreme closeup of the breaking of the cheesy tot, they look disgusting

Does it matter when you're drunk eating at 2 AM?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/24/2019 at 4:52 PM, Gianni Verscotchie said:

That BMW commercial with the dancing millennials.

I hate everyone and everything associated with that commercial. 

The expressionless girl dancing up to the car to unlock it with her phone - HOW IS THAT EASIER THAN KEYLESS ENTRY???

The mumbly singing in the background song - I CAN'T UNDERSTAND A WORD HE'S SINGING!!

The idiot's doing lame dance moves in the street

I WILL NEVER BUY A BMW BECAUSE OF THIS COMMERCIAL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqUoLkQ2ym0

 

I clicked this, watched this, and threw up a little bit.   Hadn't see it before......What a horrible horrible thing.  

That kind of dancing to me looks like they are having seizures

Edited by supermike80
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

Has to have been mentioned but 

Bud Light Platinum

First off...So what 

Second..the stuuuuuuuupiiiiiiddddd  knight in armor thing.  Ugh..Budweiser is terrible at trying to be funny, I think they always have been.

Bud should just stick to their giant horses clomping thru the snow.

  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, supermike80 said:

Has to have been mentioned but 

Bud Light Platinum

First off...So what 

Second..the stuuuuuuuupiiiiiiddddd  knight in armor thing.  Ugh..Budweiser is terrible at trying to be funny, I think they always have been.

And do they ever tell us what makes it platinum?  I’ve seen the commercials 4 dillion times and haven’t noticed

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, randall146 said:

And do they ever tell us what makes it platinum?  I’ve seen the commercials 4 dillion times and haven’t noticed

Cause they said so.  Don't you EVER doubt the Budweiser marketing machine.   Ever.

This is the entity that brought you...Bud Light Lime-a-rita,  and dilly dilly and watched America suck it up through a straw.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, randall146 said:

And do they ever tell us what makes it platinum?  I’ve seen the commercials 4 dillion times and haven’t noticed

I think it has a higher ABV.

Regardless, commercials are horrible and so is Bud Light anything.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2019 at 10:17 PM, shuke said:

I think it has a higher ABV.

Regardless, commercials are horrible and so is Bud Light anything.

Why do we want Bud light drinkers to be even more drunk driving home?

Link to post
Share on other sites

The VW commercial where some millennial tw@t-wad is walking through the city looking down at his phone, oblivious to the world... making a group of runners part him like the Red Sea, only to escape getting run over by some soccer mom because her VW has the backup camera with warnings.  

That one's great. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, nirad3 said:

The VW commercial where some millennial tw@t-wad is walking through the city looking down at his phone, oblivious to the world... making a group of runners part him like the Red Sea, only to escape getting run over by some soccer mom because her VW has the backup camera with warnings.  

That one's great. 

In a similar vein I find the current one for some alexa/headphones thingie where the guy is walking around asking them questions about haircare annoying. Is that where we're going as a society - everyone bumbling around in public talking to their headphones?

Edited by Gr00vus
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The combination of lazy and stupid customers has proven to be a true goldmine for big businesses. Many are paranoid of the government but why enslave people when you can just trick them into giving away their money and not to have to think for themselves?

Edited by Leroy Hoard
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Leroy Hoard said:

The combination of lazy and stupid customers has proven to be a true goldmine for big businesses. Many are paranoid of the government but why enslave people when you can just trick them into giving away their money and not to have to think for themselves?

In all seriousness, it's why I don't have one and don't plan on getting one.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, nirad3 said:

The VW commercial where some millennial tw@t-wad is walking through the city looking down at his phone, oblivious to the world... making a group of runners part him like the Red Sea, only to escape getting run over by some soccer mom because her VW has the backup camera with warnings.  

That one's great. 

"There is someone... walking behind you... turn arooooound, look at meeeeee..."   

Catchy tune.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Ring doorbell ad where the two would be thieves are slowly approaching the porch in broad daylight. 

"This one looks like it could be a nice haul... oh wait.  It has a Ring!"  Then the CPA at the corporate gym scares them away.  "I'd run away... right now gentlemen!"  

His haughtiness is an invitation for them to come back after midnight and throw some bricks through some windows.  Or come back another day and sneak up out of view with black paint to cover the doorbell.  

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Jayrok said:

The Ring doorbell ad where the two would be thieves are slowly approaching the porch in broad daylight. 

"This one looks like it could be a nice haul... oh wait.  It has a Ring!"  Then the CPA at the corporate gym scares them away.  "I'd run away... right now gentlemen!"  

His haughtiness is an invitation for them to come back after midnight and throw some bricks through some windows.  Or come back another day and sneak up out of view with black paint to cover the doorbell.  

Plus the guy's physique indicates it must be his first day at the gym. He's so soft and doughy

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2019 at 12:59 PM, supermike80 said:
On 11/4/2019 at 12:56 PM, randall146 said:

And do they ever tell us what makes it platinum?  I’ve seen the commercials 4 dillion times and haven’t noticed

Cause they said so.  Don't you EVER doubt the Budweiser marketing machine.   Ever.

This is the entity that brought you...Bud Light Lime-a-rita,  and dilly dilly and watched America suck it up through a straw.  

Mmmmm, Beer

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2019 at 2:59 PM, Chemical X said:

dominos pizza.......”just file a claim”

"We're going to expedite this order!"

Get the #### out of here with this ####, it's pizza.

 

 

Edited by Hov34
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Joe Summer said:

My God, this Peloton commercial makes me want to eat a tub of ice cream.

Any other man that gives their wife an exercise bike is either killed or sleeps on the couch for a month of Sundays.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Godsbrother said:

The commercial where the guy buys a GMC truck and SUV for he and his wife for Christmas and she takes the truck.   First off they play it 100 times a day and secondly it is a repeat of a commercial they had last year

Wife: Here hubby, I bought us each a watch.
Husband: Nice.  I bought you an SUV and me a pickup.
Wife: Too bad, I want the pickup.  Enjoy your watch.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the Dominos pizza insurance something you have to pay for or is it included? I shouldn't pay more to make sure they don't mess it up.
And the carryout insurance to make sure they'll replace it if I'm stupid and drop it?

 

 

I don't order from there already and these commercials solidify that desire to never order.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...