What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I post my least favorite commercials here (1 Viewer)

Does Geico have too many commercials now?  I always liked the cavemen and the lizard is a staple.  Now it just seems they're going with any and all ideas from the staff.  Mimes, mini horses, witches, lobsters, snow globes, taco night, Jerome Bettis.

I despise the Baker Mayfield commercial where the smoke detector goes off.  Every f&^%$ing time I think its ours...   lol
My dog is freaked out by pretty much any random sounds these days so this is a killer for her.  Poor old girl can barely get up with her hips going and when this commercial comes on she is up and out of my office/den.

My dog is freaked out by pretty much any random sounds these days so this is a killer for her.  Poor old girl can barely get up with her hips going and when this commercial comes on she is up and out of my office/den.
Along with the moronic random fireworks during the summer.  Lets give these animals a break 

i work for a bank and these capital one cafe commercials have me laughing.  i mean, no one goes into branches anymore, yet capital one is now competing with sbux for the crowd that wants coffee and a croissant inside of a bank branch.
I mean can anyone go in there and get a free coffee?  There's one of these on way to work.  

We talking about that Peloton commercial yet that seems like it's part of a horror movie?
Oh man, that ad is obnoxious.  Here honey, I got you a $2,245 piece of exercise equipment that also costs $39 a month to have some guy in Boston say your name.  I think you look okay as you are but you can stand to lose a few pounds and your self esteem is lacking lately. I forgot to put a bow on it but Merry Christmas!  Now go sweat and enjoy.  

Oh man, that ad is obnoxious.  Here honey, I got you a $2,245 piece of exercise equipment that also costs $39 a month to have some guy in Boston say your name.  I think you look okay as you are but you can stand to lose a few pounds and your self esteem is lacking lately. I forgot to put a bow on it but Merry Christmas!  Now go sweat and enjoy.  
And she films herself working out over the course of a year to make a highlight film for her husband as his Xmas gift ?!?

And she films herself working out over the course of a year to make a highlight film for her husband as his Xmas gift ?!?
The commercial is mostly aimed at women. They think to themselves that they’ll actually exercise once they have a piece of equipment in the house, and LOOK, the instructors you pay get to know you and talk to you just like people on social media give you likes! And yeah, it will be hard some days, but the bike is right there at your house and look how rewarding it will be! And she’s really doing it for her husband anyway!

And then the guy goes along with it because maybe his wife will actually start exercising and look like that hot chick on the commercial that went from 105 pounds and 10% body fat to 104 pounds and 9.5% body fat after a year solid of using it.

Along with the moronic random fireworks during the summer.  Lets give these animals a break 
Yeah, not to derail the thread but this is the reason my dog is freaked out by random noises on the TV.  She can barely get up and every 10 minutes, be it on the TV in the living room (kids) or mine in my den, there's something that's freaking her out.  

Can't stand the random fireworks from June-August.  It freaks me out too with "mild PTSD" of my own.

I’ve had enough of dead grandma iPad 
:lol:   -- but seriously, makes me tear up every single time.

His fat lower lip bugs me
:lmao:   just noticed this.  I really only noticed his lisp, maybe the two are related.  

The commercial is mostly aimed at women. They think to themselves that they’ll actually exercise once they have a piece of equipment in the house, and LOOK, the instructors you pay get to know you and talk to you just like people on social media give you likes! And yeah, it will be hard some days, but the bike is right there at your house and look how rewarding it will be! And she’s really doing it for her husband anyway!

And then the guy goes along with it because maybe his wife will actually start exercising and look like that hot chick on the commercial that went from 105 pounds and 10% body fat to 104 pounds and 9.5% body fat after a year solid of using it.
These commercials can suck it. Obviously these things are expensive, so they show them in million dollar (plus) lofts surrounded by hip/expensive furniture.  No kidding, someone that can afford a joint like that can afford a Peloton.  Mr. Single Income With 2 Kids (looking at myself) will never be able to afford this.  Go to the damn gym.

Don't forget the admiring toddler she's setting such a tremendous example for.

The whole thing is like an alternative universe version of Black Mirror's "Fifteen Million Merits".

Last edited by a moderator:
"Hey, wouldn't it be cool if we made a commercial for the VW Beetle while using an actual Beatles song? Oh, but let's get a children's choir to sing it so that it's extra tearjerking!"

Users who are viewing this thread