What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I post my least favorite commercials here (7 Viewers)

There is a really odd youtube commercial.  It's not that annoying, but I don't really get it.  It starts with a fat chick in a blue dress with safety goggles on and a bat, and she goes ham on a drone and her dress flies up and you get a look at her gross cankles.   At the moment she takes a swing there is some random dude just walking by that is absolutely not in on the gag and nearly gets hit on the backswing.

What's odd is they say "old drones are cheap crap" but this drone she just teed up looks no worse for the wear at all.  I don't get it.  

Why is some fat chick in an european type setting given a baseball bat to hit a drone (poorly)?  

WTF?  I seem to get fed this commercial all the time, I guess google thinks I want to buy a drone or something.  Possible i'm the only one seeing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Draft Kings has been pushing their betting service HARD here in PA. Not just sports talk radio or during local sports, but during the news as well. 

I don’t really need to see Ben Franklin and Abe Lincoln making bets while driving through my state. 

This new commercial from Ram Trucks ("A Whole New Perspective") is random and illogical and I hate it.

The point of the commercial is that the viewer can't tell if an object is large or if it's far away, right? That's why it's called "A Whole New Perspective", right?

The first scene seems to fit with the theme, as we can't tell if the snowcat is actually a tiny vehicle (loaded into the back of the truck), OR if it's merely off in the distance.

The second scene sort of fits the theme, although we figure out pretty quickly that the shipping container is, in fact, small.

BUT WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THE WIND TURBINE?!? It's neither small nor far away. It's just a regular freaking wind turbine. It has nothing to do with "perspective"!!

No sense makes it.

This new commercial from Ram Trucks ("A Whole New Perspective") is random and illogical and I hate it.

The point of the commercial is that the viewer can't tell if an object is large or if it's far away, right? That's why it's called "A Whole New Perspective", right?

The first scene seems to fit with the theme, as we can't tell if the snowcat is actually a tiny vehicle (loaded into the back of the truck), OR if it's merely off in the distance.

The second scene sort of fits the theme, although we figure out pretty quickly that the shipping container is, in fact, small.

BUT WHAT IS THE DEAL WITH THE WIND TURBINE?!? It's neither small nor far away. It's just a regular freaking wind turbine. It has nothing to do with "perspective"!!

No sense makes it.
Truck ads are consistently awful.

None of those bears wear underwear or any clothes in the commercial.  Why would there be a pair of underwear on the floor?  So they wear clothes when they are off camera?  
A bear and a rabbit are taking a #### in the woods, the bear turns to the rabbit and asks "Do you have problems with #### sticking to your fur?"  The rabbit said no, so the bear wiped his ### with the rabbit.

A bear and a rabbit are taking a #### in the woods, the bear turns to the rabbit and asks "Do you have problems with #### sticking to your fur?"  The rabbit said no, so the bear wiped his ### with the rabbit.
Cleanest joke Eddie Murphy told all night.  

"Just roll Charlie around, just roll him around, he'll be alright."  

What is the target demographic for the Lexus commercial where the phony woke bro uses the computer to cheat at book club so he can impress his high class girlfriend?

Do they think potential female customers are going to be attracted to that concept?

Dominos Pie Pass commercial using I assume a clip of Norm from Cheers entering a dominos and ordering a pizza.  Dude should be not be eating so many pizzas that the people at the local dominos know his name.

Dominos Pie Pass commercial using I assume a clip of Norm from Cheers entering a dominos and ordering a pizza.  Dude should be not be eating so many pizzas that the people at the local dominos know his name.
But that's the thing -- they don't even call him "Norm"! They blew the joke.

edit: I guess they didn't really blow the joke because the whole point of the commercial is that Norm is NOT recognized by the people who work at Dominos. But he's freaking Norm Peterson! Are we really supposed to believe that the people at the local Dominos DON'T know his name???

Last edited by a moderator:
But that's the thing -- they don't even call him "Norm"! They blew the joke.

edit: I guess they didn't really blow the joke because the whole point of the commercial is that Norm is NOT recognized by the people who work at Dominos. But he's freaking Norm Peterson! Are we really supposed to believe that the people at the local Dominos DON'T know his name???
Dominos: where nobody knows your name.

Domino's should start with making a decent pizza and THEN move on to gimmicks like "check in when you're five feet from the store" or "insure your pizza and receive one at a random time".
Ya, they are stuck in the middle, pricewise, between "I'm broke and still want a pizza" (Little Cesears) and "I don't have to scrounge in the couch cusion for meal money but can't spend $3 more for an actual decent pizza (Pizza Hut and Papa John's).  Thus, they have to go with gimmicks unfortunately.

Ya, they are stuck in the middle, pricewise, between "I'm broke and still want a pizza" (Little Cesears) and "I don't have to scrounge in the couch cusion for meal money but can't spend $3 more for an actual decent pizza (Pizza Hut and Papa John's).  Thus, they have to go with gimmicks unfortunately.
Even if price was equal I’d rather have Domino's than Pizza Hut or Papa Johns

Captain Obvious from whatever travel agency he schills is really starting to push the envelope on what he says in commercials.  It's like he's not getting enough attention and is just trying so hard to get some by any means necessary.

Captain Obvious from whatever travel agency he schills is really starting to push the envelope on what he says in commercials.  It's like he's not getting enough attention and is just trying so hard to get some by any means necessary.
Agreed.  First few commercials when he first appeared were entertaining and clever.  They've run out of ideas on how to use his schtick though, so now they are stuck with a recognizable add campaign, but don't know how to write for it anymore.

I like Little Caesars.   :shrug:

As far as fast food and pizza goes, a few dollars now saves me money on toilet paper later.
I almost exclusively poo at work.  We have very private stalls (that are basically little rooms) where I can go and get lost in Facebook, Twitter and Words with Friends.  

I like Domino's pan pizza.  It's actually pretty good.

I also like Little Caesar's thin crust.  For $6, it's OK.

Users who are viewing this thread