Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

I post my least favorite commercials here

5 hours ago, Tom Servo said:

I've had enough of "The New Chris Paul".

Also, Chris Paul drives a Kia and parks it outside of his mansion.

The one in the weight room with the kettle bell, you can see his skull covering curl up on the back of his neck. 

• Like 1

Spectrum vs satellite

It has the opposite effect from what it intends - it makes me wish I could switch from cable to satellite.  

"This is Jessica. She still has satellite tv."

"Well, I get tons of HDs."

"Spectrum has tons of HD."   (Jessica should have just walked away from her right there.)

Edited by jhib

On 8/25/2020 at 5:38 PM, offdee said:

The one in the weight room with the kettle bell, you can see his skull covering curl up on the back of his neck. 

Yup, noticed this as well.

On 8/25/2020 at 7:38 PM, offdee said:

It is so obvious, I assume it's intentional.  As in, "This guy is just pretending to be him...see that?" Either way, it's a dumb conceit.

On 8/25/2020 at 8:12 PM, Chemical X said:

where is state farm going with jake?  i mean, is he likeable?

He's more likeable than Chris Paul.  Plus CP3 needs someone to bark instructions at.  Or to blame when things end before he wants them to.  Like these commercials hopefully.

21 hours ago, Joe Summer said:

Didn't he used to be a white guy?

I think they were banking on ex-Georgia QB Jake Fromm to be the new "Jake FROMM State Farm", but then some old racist text was unveiled and that ended that.   I'm sure that may have had some motivation to go completely away from white guy Jake.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/bills-quarterback-jake-fromm-apologizes-racist-text-messages

Edited by offdee

• 2 weeks later...

This commercial was clearly designed to evoke a positive emotional response.  But for some reason it makes me angry and I can't really articulate why.  Is it the fact that adopting an Asian boy has nothing to do with high-end luxury closet design?  Is it because the premise of being inspired to do good by your closet is preposterous on its face?  Is it the fact that this lady has 60 pairs of shoes presented in a backlit display?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGkYeGcWwX0

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

This commercial was clearly designed to evoke a positive emotional response.  But for some reason it makes me angry and I can't really articulate why.  Is it the fact that adopting an Asian boy has nothing to do with high-end luxury closet design?  Is it because the premise of being inspired to do good by your closet is preposterous on its face?  Is it the fact that this lady has 60 pairs of shoes presented in a backlit display?

I pretty much hate every commercial that deliberately attempts to manipulate heartstrings.

Also, what's wrong with her eyes?

12 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

It's OK to spend ridiculous amounts for a fancy closet because you're adopting poor Asian kid.

On 8/31/2020 at 11:26 AM, nirad3 said:

Anything Burger King right now.  They're all horrible.

Bump.

"Five dollars, for two Whopper sandwiches?"  

It's a burger you dolt.

• Like 1

This one just drives me nuts on every single level imaginable, the stupid is strong with this one.  

I have to be honest, if I'm walking through the motor oil aisle, I am WAY more freaked out watching this middle aged Asian woman having a slow motion seizure (who looks like she's afraid of being attacked by those miniature race car drivers) than I am of the dancing miniature race car drivers.

The music is so full of suck, don't even get me started on that but I'll bet I've watched this ####### commercial at least a thousand times (on mute of course) and, as God is my witness, I STILL don't think I could pick out Kevin Harvick, in miniature or life size. . . .although I think miniature is the life sized version for most of these little race car driver fellows.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAJHgLGTMso

• 3 weeks later...

The Wendy's ad featuring the burger sliding down the bar annoys me because of all the notification pings.  It sounds like all of my family's phones are going off.

Kind of like how some dogs respond to doorbells in commercials. :bag: 

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Commercials that use an alarm clock noise ...there are several of them now, with the most played seeming to be the vampire waking up inside of a giant Kit Kat bar.  

This instantly aggravates the #### out of me.  I don't want to hear an alarm clock - and it's a hack attention-grabbing device on par with radio ad guys that think it's funny to have loud police/fire sirens in their locals ads.  

The other one is the NFL Fanatics clothing line where this high-pitched scream/whine runs through this POS.  Seems perfect for the "large throat tattoo" set though.  

Edited by Binky The Doormat
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, offdee said:

State Farm commercial with Rodgers and Mahomes in restaurant...what is up with Mahomes using a full bottle of ketchup on top of his steak?  What’s the point of that to the commercial? 

Mahomes, in real life, is a bit of a ketchup enthusiast.  Apparently the guy puts it on almost everything. link

Edited by trader jake
Doesn't make the commercial any better. Two MVP QBs are eating, where? The State Farm cafeteria?
  • Laughing 1

https://www.ispot.tv/ad/n_Mv/shingrix-shingles-doesnt-care

This Shingrix commercial is legit one of my favorite ads on TV.   The way the narrator just poops all over peoples happiness just has me rolling in laughter every time I hear it. Lol 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1

The Snickers commercial where the guy shows up to the Fantasy Draft in his fantasy shirtless horse costume.

By the board in the background they are already 4 rounds into the Draft....was this cosplay nerd autodrafting or something?

• Like 1
  • Thinking 2

• 1 month later...

besides the obvious cars with bows, there’s a new kerrygold commercial out that annoys me.  the son comes home, maybe from his first day as a chef and the family, after waking up at 2.30a, sits down for a meal.  they wake up at 2.30a and are shown prepping and cooking, so the kid comes home at what, 4a?  from a job?  then they eat, dinner?  breakfast?  everything about this screams sappy for no reason.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Snoopy said:

The Liberty Insurance ad where 1 child opens the gift showing the Liberty box, then the other child got a bike for Christmas and he is jealous that the kid just got, kicks the bike and leaves in a rampage.

Big fan.  Especially the look on the mother's face at the end.

2 hours ago, Mookie said:

I like watching golf because it's relaxing.  So relaxing, in fact, that I often nap during the broadcast.  And then THIS comes on at twice the normal volume and I wake up angry.

I’ve never seen this before, but it makes me stabby.

• Like 1