What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I post my least favorite commercials here (5 Viewers)

My 19 year old observed that if she knew who Hamlin was, she probably knew they weren't PJs.
I have a philosophy that the mother of the obnoxious girl has had a passionate affair with Joey Logano and hates Hamlin with the heat of a 1,00 suns.  

She put him up to it.  

Or the CIA.  

i understand the culture we are in today but, 99% of all commercials appear to have mixed race marriages i think.

*note: this is an observation and not representative of my beliefs

i understand the culture we are in today but, 99% of all commercials appear to have mixed race marriages i think.

Mixed or gay. NTTAWWT 

Last edited by a moderator:

Agreed.  I also noticed that while there are one or two commonly occurring interracial marriage combinations in this country, those are almost never depicted, which I also find interesting (no, I'm not going to name those combinations).

The AT&T spokeswoman... now she's hot. 
What's the deal with the latest AT&T commercial where the hot chick stands in the background while a different employee talks to the customer? Is AT&T setting up a transition to a new spokesperson? Or is this some kind of throwback to the days of racial segregation?

Agreed.  I also noticed that while there are one or two commonly occurring interracial marriage combinations in this country, those are almost never depicted, which I also find interesting (no, I'm not going to name those combinations).
Not sure which ones you are referring to

Guessing white guy, Asian woman for one.

Sea Duck said:
What's the deal with the latest AT&T commercial where the hot chick stands in the background while a different employee talks to the customer? Is AT&T setting up a transition to a new spokesperson? Or is this some kind of throwback to the days of racial segregation?
Not sure.  I just thought they were practicing social distancing while in the store.  

Sea Duck said:
My bigger problems with that commercial are a) how much information the customer gets from the guy he called in litterally one second on the phone with him and b) the ATT girl's line about word of mouth advertising.  So out of place and pace for these commercials.

The Uber commercial where the woman's water broke at 23 weeks and she had to spend 10 weeks in the hospital is rocketing up the charts on my most hated commercial list.

We've been watching Lost with the kids on Amazon...and have been getting ProCaps Labs ads for various vitamins pretty consistently when they break to "you should've paid more for the full subscription" commercial breaks.

I'm in a hate/love thing with these. The guy hawking them...ok- it's 4am, on the 3rd day of a suicidal bender, and this guy desperately needs a bump. Eyes are glazed, sweaty, on the verge of tears...and since there was nobody around to blow for a fix, he's somehow trying to sell vitamins for your hair, nails and skin instead. 

Andy Dufresne said:
Aaron Rodgers has made eleventy ginjillion dollars and he needs a discount on his insurance rates?  And when he doesn't get one, he has to treat some poor agent like dirt?

At least it was the role Rodgers was born to play. 
My thing is, there are 3-4 ads where Rodgers and Mahomes fail to get it. Are we to believe they’re that dense? :loco:  

Andy Dufresne said:
Aaron Rodgers has made eleventy ginjillion dollars and he needs a discount on his insurance rates?  And when he doesn't get one, he has to treat some poor agent like dirt?

At least it was the role Rodgers was born to play. 
I have the same thought every time I watch this commercial - "this is exactly how dooshbaggy I think Aaron Rodgers must be in real life."

And if Rodgers is that great in golf where he makes a hole in one with driver... why isn't he better in Pro Ams like Tahoe or Pebble Beach?  pfffft.  I call BS.  

The 5 foods you should avoid, or be eating, or whatever guy jumping into the youtube clips. #### off.
It seems to have gotten even worse since I originally posted. Look, I just want to listen to a random Huey Lewis and The News playlist without this joker talking about his abs and Hugh Jackman every 2 minutes. Is that so much to ask?

It seems to have gotten even worse since I originally posted. Look, I just want to listen to a random Huey Lewis and The News playlist without this joker talking about his abs and Hugh Jackman every 2 minutes. Is that so much to ask?
I think they deliberately flood us with the most obnoxious ads as a ploy to get us to spring for Premium.

what is the deal with this guinness commercial and joe montana?  people in a bar watching, what i believe is the 1979 cotton bowl with joe montana.  everyone saying wait for it........wait for what, results of a game from 40 years ago that seems quite obscure now?  i just don't get this.

I consider myself on the "socially liberal" side (don't want to get too political though...), but...... is it me or is there an inordinate amount of "mixed race" couples on commercials right now?  I mean, what percentage of couples in the US are of mixed race?  I get they are trying to "get with the times" but it seems forced.  Shrug.

I consider myself on the "socially liberal" side (don't want to get too political though...), but...... is it me or is there an inordinate amount of "mixed race" couples on commercials right now?  I mean, what percentage of couples in the US are of mixed race?  I get they are trying to "get with the times" but it seems forced.  Shrug.
Maybe there aren't as many mixed-race couples because everyone grew up not seeing any in commercials.  

Maybe there aren't as many mixed-race couples because everyone grew up not seeing any in commercials.  
Perhaps.  I doubt it, but certainly appreciate the alternative thinking.  

And to expand... it's mostly car commercials.  Maybe it's just the channel(s) I watch and when I watch.  Just an observation.  :)  

That's the worst!

I mean...huh.

I'm sure it's been covered here but the grub hub song where it sounds like the backup singers are saying s*ckit s*ckit *s*ckit over and over :hot:

-QG
Was just coming here to post about GrubHub.  I assume you're talking about the same one I hate... the one with the incredibly annoying flute music?  It's terrible.  Terrible.

Was just coming here to post about GrubHub.  I assume you're talking about the same one I hate... the one with the incredibly annoying flute music?  It's terrible.  Terrible.
yes - the s*ck it part comes in about half-way through the song.

-QG

Perhaps.  I doubt it, but certainly appreciate the alternative thinking.  

And to expand... it's mostly car commercials.  Maybe it's just the channel(s) I watch and when I watch.  Just an observation.  :)  
Are you forgetting WE DON'T HAVE TO COOK ANYMORE!!!!!

New to my personal annoyance list:

DOWNLOAD THE APP!!!

DOWNLOAD THE APP!!

DOWNLOAD THE APP!!!

DOWNLOAD THE APP!!!

Barstool guys are tools, but this is just another level of suck.

I'm in mixed race marriage, but I notice these in commercials too. I think rather than trying to be representative of society, it might just be to cover a wider spectrum of audiences. If you have a black wife, white husband, asianed son, mexican daughter, it's more likely to resonate with more viewers? I dunno, just a guess. 

I'm in mixed race marriage, but I notice these in commercials too. I think rather than trying to be representative of society, it might just be to cover a wider spectrum of audiences. If you have a black wife, white husband, asianed son, mexican daughter, it's more likely to resonate with more viewers? I dunno, just a guess. 
Oh I'm sure that's the reason.... I just notice it's out there WAY more than it has been, even 1-2 years ago.

And I would consider myself in a mixed-race marriage too... wife is Cajun :lol:  

Also - probably poor form posting this in the "least favorite commercials" thread... I have no problem with them; again, just an observation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread