What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I post my least favorite commercials here (2 Viewers)

every car commercial where the couple hops in their ATV/SUV and off roads to a hidden spot to hike and camp.  just seeing 100% of these people hiking and camping somehow irks me.  
agree - 99% of those vehicles will never see anything but pavement.  "Hey folks, just buy the idea of being rugged and outdoorsy - then hit the mall, the sofa and call it a day" 

every commercial where i need to see you and your kids at home or just your kids at home.  what the hell do your kids have to do with me or the product?  

every laundry commercial where the laundry room in the house is the size of manhattan loft.  giant machines, cork boards, a bench for sitting.  

every car commercial where the couple hops in their ATV/SUV and off roads to a hidden spot to hike and camp.  just seeing 100% of these people hiking and camping somehow irks me.  
And then when you actually see those vehicles on the road, they are swerving left and right to avoid minor potholes and manhole covers. 

"Where's the pizza?"

Sweetie, if your parents didn't feed you before dropping you off for me to do the babysitting I didn't know about...you're going hungry.
The part that annoys me is that the wife saw the appointment and assumed it was a couples dinner.  Then, when the kids show up, she's dragging HIM out of the shot like it's his fault.  :hot:  

The part that annoys me is that the wife saw the appointment and assumed it was a couples dinner.  Then, when the kids show up, she's dragging HIM out of the shot like it's his fault.  :hot:  
Actually the couple outside heading for the car is the couple leaving the kids (black top/ponytail vs white top dumb lady).

every commercial where i need to see you and your kids at home or just your kids at home.  what the hell do your kids have to do with me or the product?  
Fwiw, my kids do some acting...just about every call for commercials during covid has been to be shot at home with the family- I think to avoid liability.

Some anti-smoking group here in Minnesota is running ads on Spotify telling me to check out how smoking costs me $500-ish every year even if I don't smoke.

Now what the #### am I supposed to do with this information when I get it? Walk up to a smoker, punch them in the face, and demand my five hundred bucks?
A pack a day smoker spends over 2 grand a year on smokes.  Sounds like us non smokers are getting a pretty good deal.

It's such a millennial commercial. Let's do everything through our phone/watches instead of actually talking with each other to remove ambiguity.

Kudos though for thinking such people actually meet in person.
I don't know which part of this thread makes me happier, when someone validates my own hatred of a commercial by posting about it, or when there are six or seven posts about a commercial I realize I am lucky enough to have never even seen.

This has likely been covered but... any company that still uses the most overplayed refrain in the history of music (nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, goodbye) in their commercials should be allowed to be legally firebombed with impunity.

The apple watch one with the guy going on and on about where and when he wants to take his echocardiogram. That's the big selling point? Who gives a ####? Also, why is he sitting in a boat in a tiny area of open water in the middle of a frozen over lake/river at the end of the commercial?

The stupid Microsoft Teams commercial that features the bike shop.

Boss guy:  "We were doing well until the virus hit and..."

Millennial chick with vocal fry :  "It just dumped."

Too bad they play it pretty much every commercial break on ESPN.

This has likely been covered but... any company that still uses the most overplayed refrain in the history of music (nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey, goodbye) in their commercials should be allowed to be legally firebombed with impunity.
GMC seems to have only 2 commercials, which are playing over and over again.  The "nah nah nah nah" one and the Christmas one "one for you and one for me."

March Madness with lots of candidates, but I don’t care how many technological bells and whistles you add, I am never buying a freaking Buick.

Also, remember when Apple commercials were actually good?

March Madness with lots of candidates, but I don’t care how many technological bells and whistles you add, I am never buying a freaking Buick.

Also, remember when Apple commercials were actually good?
Weird scat-pat-pat-a-booey song while the dumbest woman in history drops her iphone across 4-5 city blocks onto a pile of sand.

This commercial makes me wish Steve Jobs would die.

Yeah, that Apple one is really surprising.  I thought it was a competitor doing a spoof on Apple or a cheap copy.  How'd such an annoying thing get the go-ahead from Apple?

Yeah, that Apple one is really surprising.  I thought it was a competitor doing a spoof on Apple or a cheap copy.  How'd such an annoying thing get the go-ahead from Apple?
They’ve had a run of bad ones. The AirPods one with the dude doing double Dutch everywhere is terrible. I’m probably in the minority but the “Shot on IPhone” ones make me cringe as well. That’s just what we need is more self-obsessed TikTok’ers shooting videos.

The apple commercial needs to removed fast.

also, there are some airbnb commercials airing that have this awfully sad music and photo montages.  i think they are promoting fun times, but i have no idea who these people are, why they went to this place and everything seems out of context.  they have one with alot of golden retriever moments, did they rent the house cause the dog has a bucket list?  awful

also, there are some airbnb commercials airing that have this awfully sad music and photo montages.  i think they are promoting fun times, but i have no idea who these people are, why they went to this place and everything seems out of context.  they have one with alot of golden retriever moments, did they rent the house cause the dog has a bucket list?  awful
I call that the sad dog ad. Some awful music to boot. Hard to believe they think that makes people want to rent a bed and breakfast.

I call that the sad dog ad. Some awful music to boot. Hard to believe they think that makes people want to rent a bed and breakfast.
someone else gets it!!!  is the dog dying?  is that one guy recovering from cancer?  is this a fun time or, seriously, a bucket list item?  i simply don't get the music.  i'll stay in a hotel.

I'm getting a bit tired of the Scoop There it Is! commercial (in fact, I have no idea what they are advertising), but then I notice something that makes me chuckle anew and my self-loathing over being so easily manipulated just festers.

I'm getting a bit tired of the Scoop There it Is! commercial (in fact, I have no idea what they are advertising), but then I notice something that makes me chuckle anew and my self-loathing over being so easily manipulated just festers.
I just envision those guys and their agent sitting around a phone for the last 20 years waiting for the phone call that tells them their song is going to be used in something.

The insurance company that literally does nothing but crappy ads (where they clearly have gone to the trouble of hiring a writing team to developed every single annoying character) really should have its own thread if not subforum.  Have never entertained buying insurance from them on that basis alone.  How many TVs have been punch when the 3-letter-word woman appears on the screen?

-QG

Any commercial that randomly just says the name of the company at the end.

Blah blah blah.. blah blah... blah blah blah... blah blah.......Hilton.

I imagine there's some advertising algorithm that states the consumer needs to be reminded at the very end of what the spot was all about.  But it's dumb.

Hilton.

So they used to use symbolism when shaving private areas. Now a chick is basically just shaving around her underwear.

Sorry I thought I was in my new favorite commercial thread

Not sure if I said this before buy every single commercial that is basically two bros who went to college with each other doing a Shark Tank style pitch "I'm Chad and I'm Thad and we sell <insert mundane product here that they pretend to have revolutionized>"with some weak paint my numbers appeals to join their cool kids community - there's like a zillion of these and they are all terrible and annoying

-QG

Users who are viewing this thread