What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I post my least favorite commercials here (3 Viewers)

i seem to think she’s a single mom looking for side action with johnny nose.  otherwise, why not go inside?

special mention - serena wonder woman serena wonder woman serena wonder woman

There is a commercial for Dupixent starring a weird shaped unathletic looking guy wearing a sweater that is way too tight.  He fails at hopscotch, a game for grade school kids; then he walks through a street game of soccer and kicks a ball into the net; I think that kind of would screw up the game.  Just seems dooshy.

Is Limu Emu (or Doug) funny yet?

I've been at the point if I'm unfortunate enough to see a Liberty commercial I just change the channel or hit mute for 30 seconds and check my phone. Not allowing their crap commercials into my brain.
I think they are doing a spoof of the gecko, though a bad one.

I love love love the Applebees commerials with Fancy Like.

I think they were super smart to jump on that song when they did and the commercial comes across very positively and fun to me. 

The girl frolicking with the boy on the beach until the fun stops when she hears a bell.  Maybe he'd like a taco too. Why not ask him to come with?

Now the other commercial with the cosplay couple on the subway platform.  Maybe the bell sound only has a hypnotic effect on females.  Interesting marketing strategy, Taco Bell. 

The girl frolicking with the boy on the beach until the fun stops when she hears a bell.  Maybe he'd like a taco too. Why not ask him to come with?

Now the other commercial with the cosplay couple on the subway platform.  Maybe the bell sound only has a hypnotic effect on females.  Interesting marketing strategy, Taco Bell. 

absolute smokeshow and she's able to kill 3 tacos and a giant drink on a whim.  impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Could someone explain the dominoes commercial to me?

They say that they bought coupons of local shops to give away with their pizza because delivery app fees are cutting into the restaurants bottom line?

How is that possible.... If the place charges $15 for a sandwich.   Dont you pay delivery on top of that?  How is that app eating into the $15?

Tia

ETA: Im not trashing the commercial - I just dont understand it

It's enough with the Serena Williams Wonder Woman commercial already, seems like it's run every commercial break everywhere. They've also started running a version without John McEnroe which was the only good part of the thing in the first place.

It's enough with the Venus Williams Wonder Woman commercial already, seems like it's run every commercial break everywhere. They've also started running a version without John McEnroe which was the only good part of the thing in the first place.
The gal on the couch is muy bonita, though. Dude out kicked his coverage big time.

And this POS that has been running for at least 4 Christmases is back in heavy rotation.  Regardless of her debatable smoke show status, I want to punch them both in the throat and throw my TV out the window.

Is GM (the manufacturer, not the stud AKA @General Malaise) that strapped for cash that they need to run the same commercials year after year?  Also, don't their models ever change? 

Could someone explain the dominoes commercial to me?

They say that they bought coupons of local shops to give away with their pizza because delivery app fees are cutting into the restaurants bottom line?

How is that possible.... If the place charges $15 for a sandwich.   Dont you pay delivery on top of that?  How is that app eating into the $15?

Tia

ETA: Im not trashing the commercial - I just dont understand it
They charge the restaurant a commission in addition to the delivery charge to the customer.  Found this article from earlier in the year

DoorDash now offers three plans: DoorDash Basic, where restaurants only pay a 15% commission on deliveries, which shifts “a higher portion of the delivery cost to the customer” and supports a smaller delivery area; DoorDash Plus, where restaurants pay 25% to be part of DoorDash’s DashPass subscription program and get increased visibility in the DoorDash app; and DoorDash Premier, where restaurants pay 30% in exchange for the lowest customer fees, the largest delivery area and a growth guarantee of at least 20 orders per month across pickup, delivery and DoorDash-owned Caviar.

So when you order that $15 sandwich, the restaurant is kicking back between $2.25 and $4.50 to DoorDash, depending on which plan they chose.  Whereas if you go directly to the restaurant, they get the whole $15.

It's enough with the Venus Williams Wonder Woman commercial already, seems like it's run every commercial break everywhere. They've also started running a version without John McEnroe which was the only good part of the thing in the first place.
While I agree that these commercials are irritating. 

It is Serena Williams, not her sister Venus. 

They charge the restaurant a commission in addition to the delivery charge to the customer.  Found this article from earlier in the year

So when you order that $15 sandwich, the restaurant is kicking back between $2.25 and $4.50 to DoorDash, depending on which plan they chose.  Whereas if you go directly to the restaurant, they get the whole $15.
Thanks I assumed it was just a fee on top. Which seems would make more sense. A convenience fee if you will. You want someone to get your food and deliver. That 15 should be 17.25 or 19. Seems like the current setup is a bad plan

Kate McKinnon used to be funny...until she started stomping around like an ostrich with a hernia in those Verizon commercials.
Thanks for the name & perfect description of this annoying woman. Much better than my post that asked what kind of drugs she was on, and why is her hand always in her pocket?

they brought the kerrygold butter commercial back and i don’t understand it at all.  i can’t hear what the family says to the kid who comes home.  happy first day?  happy birthday?  why are they cooking a full meal starting at 2.30a?  i mean, are they eating dinner at 6a?  why not wait for breakfast?  

she looks at him like she doesn’t know who he is and is going to kill him once he lets go.
Perfect description. I feel like there is another current commercial (can’t remember what the commercial is for) with her in it, but it appears she may be a few years younger.

Users who are viewing this thread