What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I post my least favorite commercials here (2 Viewers)

Every time I see an clearly expensive, pretentions get your meals sent home kit like Hello Fresh, Blue Apron etc I end up hating Millenials / Gen Z more and more.  These things are stupid expensive, and don't do anything that you can't do at the grocery store.   All supposed to be wonderful, organic, good for you packages blah blah.    Oh look!! They included a recipe card..like it is some sort of new invention..recipes.

I saw one commercial where this asian chick made some pasta dish and treated it like she just invented fire.  It's a simple pasta dish.  Betcha it cost 4x more than if you had just got the stuff your self and a recipe online.

Yeah..I'm that old guy.  I am..cause I hate every one of those companies and I hate anyone younger than me that actually spends their $$ on them.  And if they do so AND complain they can't pay their student loans?   Fuggattaboutit.

Whew...I needed  that rant!

Last edited by a moderator:
The crypto commercial with Lebron talking to his younger self.  The Dre beat in the background will always be cool, but Lebron is, as usual, insufferable.  Can't think of the last thing he did that wasn't annoying.  Maybe setting up that school?  I'm sure if I dug hard enough I'd find something annoying about even that.

"This Little Light of Mine..." 

Jersey Mike's has taken a  delightful old time spiritual and made it emo and treacly. And they play it TWICE at each commercial break during cbb on CBS.  It's a great cause, promoted by an infuriating commercial. 

facook said:
"This Little Light of Mine..." 

Jersey Mike's has taken a  delightful old time spiritual and made it emo and treacly. And they play it TWICE at each commercial break during cbb on CBS.  It's a great cause, promoted by an infuriating commercial. 

Gah!  I noticed that yesterday, too.   I mean, I'm all for the cause and will likely get a JM sammich that day, but come on.

Something about the George Clooney Nespresso commercials just bug me.  I never really liked him much anyway, and he just, I don't know, comes off as a snooty you-know-what in these.  He bugs me. 

Probably stemming from the fact that I never really liked him anyway.

I still find the GMC commercial where they show off their "self-driving trucks" excruciatingly annoying for some reason.  The stupid hand-slapping to Queen, the looks on people's faces, the whole darn thing.  So lame. 

All these commercials are terrible.  Why all of the sudden is Sue Bird a thing?
Forcing a women's basketball "great" into the mix.  All it is.   There is a giant push all of a sudden, again, to try and make us care about women's BB.  And most people just don't.

Add to it the Digorno commercial where the woman is showing leading the basketball team with some kind of rah rah speech, and when the team jumps up in excitement behind her, they make SURE you see one of the players is a woman.  For cripes sakes stop it.   

Forcing a women's basketball "great" into the mix.  All it is.   There is a giant push all of a sudden, again, to try and make us care about women's BB.  And most people just don't.

Add to it the Digorno commercial where the woman is showing leading the basketball team with some kind of rah rah speech, and when the team jumps up in excitement behind her, they make SURE you see one of the players is a woman.  For cripes sakes stop it.   

Gah.  Don't even get me started.  I mean, every single commercial nowadays force-feeds "equality".  Not that I have any problem with equality, it's just the blatant overdoing of it.  I mean come on.  My favorite is the commercial for some Alzheimer's medicine where the actors are a mixed-race gay couple.  Hittin' all the bases there!  Just 'cuz that's what America wants, apparently, in their advertising.  :shrug:    I couldn't care less.  Just come up with something snappy that makes me want to buy your product, I don't care who the actors happen to be.  

Gah.  Don't even get me started.  I mean, every single commercial nowadays force-feeds "equality".  Not that I have any problem with equality, it's just the blatant overdoing of it.  I mean come on.  My favorite is the commercial for some Alzheimer's medicine where the actors are a mixed-race gay couple.  Hittin' all the bases there!  Just 'cuz that's what America wants, apparently, in their advertising.  :shrug:    I couldn't care less.  Just come up with something snappy that makes me want to buy your product, I don't care who the actors happen to be.  
Oh the forced intereacial couples in advertising is off the charts these days.  And that's fine.  I don't care.

But stoip trying to MAKE me like women's basketball.  Especially women's basketball.  It's boring.  Tremendously boring.  

Yes..Sue Bird is one of the greatest women's players ever.  But that's in women's BB.  Stop trying to make me think she could get to that level playing against men, cause she cant.  It's dumb

Oh the forced intereacial couples in advertising is off the charts these days.  And that's fine.  I don't care.

But stoip trying to MAKE me like women's basketball.  Especially women's basketball.  It's boring.  Tremendously boring.  

Yes..Sue Bird is one of the greatest women's players ever.  But that's in women's BB.  Stop trying to make me think she could get to that level playing against men, cause she cant.  It's dumb
Agreed.

And yeah, on women's hoops.... sigh.  I tried watching the championship game last night.  I lasted about 10 minutes total.

I know a lot of girl hoops players.  I played with them in college (their coach liked them playing against decent male competition in the off-season).  But yeah, watching on TV is cringey.  

Jennifer Garner goes into a barbershop of bald people to get her hair trimmed by Charles Barkley. Seems reasonable.  

I mean she's a Cap1 spokesperson, and has been for like 20 years.  For like the first 10 I didn't realize it was her, she looked and sounded a lot different on those spots.  

I think we brought them up before but the Old Spice commercials with the man and his mother-in-law are getting more and more annoying. 

Today's commercials are filled with vaguely-ethnic people who look like AI-generated representations of the combined human race.

I'm glad they came out with this Uber Eats campaign.  I mean I often can't tell the difference between a pencil and an apple, or a slice of pizza and a roll of scotch tape.  Putting "Eats" on the bag seems to really be a stumper. 

Between that and ads already being loud, mute is my favorite remote button. 
I mute every commercial. It's an auto-response. It leads me to wonder if many of the commercials I watch are using dancing to advertise a random product, or if it is a commercial for medicine to battle some sort  of condition that causes uncontrollable seizures.

I'm glad they came out with this Uber Eats campaign.  I mean I often can't tell the difference between a pencil and an apple, or a slice of pizza and a roll of scotch tape.  Putting "Eats" on the bag seems to really be a stumper. 
Yeah, but it seems apropos of the people actually featured in the commercial.

There was an asthma medication commercial on.  Tezspire or something.

The first disclaimer was don't take tezspire  if you are allergic to it

i seem to hear this on every med commercial now. "... if you're alergic to it or its ingredients." I get the avoid liability thing, but every time i hear it i'm naturally wondering have people become this stupid really?? and i think most if not all of these meds are not over the counter, so a doctor is prescribing it. are the doctors this stupid?

thanks for posting that, i been holding this one in for awhile. /endrant

There was an asthma medication commercial on.  Tezspire or something.

I'm pretty sure that just means that they've all been sued over that very thing at one time or another.

OMG the dumb McDonald's commercial with the hip millennial who excitedly order "10 large fries" for her and her Instagrammy friends, only to order "10 Egg McMuffin.... 'things'" the next morning, obviously all hung over or whatever.  Throat.  Punch.

This one isn't a commercial, but a PSA.  With the summer travelling season upon us, our benevolent government wants us to wear our seat belts.  The PSA shows a cop showing up to a woman's house to tell her her son was killed in a car crash because he wasn't wearing his seat belt.  She reacts as a mother would.

I first heard this on the radio, then saw it on TV yesterday.  Yikes.  Subtlety is a lost art.

This one isn't a commercial, but a PSA.  With the summer travelling season upon us, our benevolent government wants us to wear our seat belts.  The PSA shows a cop showing up to a woman's house to tell her her son was killed in a car crash because he wasn't wearing his seat belt.  She reacts as a mother would.

I first heard this on the radio, then saw it on TV yesterday.  Yikes.  Subtlety is a lost art.

I doubt subtlety was the intent.

Only seen this one once, but yes, it would get real annoying real fast.

Can't tell if the dad is trolling or just an oaf.  Commercials, for the past decade or so, have done a pretty good job making middle-aged-white-guy out to be a bumbling fool around his family.

Sorry, but they got this one right. People today are all to often to damn dumb to pick up on subtle messages. You basically have to club them over the head to get the message through. I mean, keep in mind, they are trying to get through to people that STILL don't wear a seatbelt.  We're not talking MENSA candidates here.

Edit to add, keep in mind, you aren't the target audience here. The fact you find it annoying kinda proves that.

Sorry, but they got this one right. People today are all to often to damn dumb to pick up on subtle messages. You basically have to club them over the head to get the message through. I mean, keep in mind, they are trying to get through to people that STILL don't wear a seatbelt.  We're not talking MENSA candidates here.

Edit to add, keep in mind, you aren't the target audience here. The fact you find it annoying kinda proves that.
And the fact that it creates emotion in you some way (good or bad) and you remember what the message is.  That's a successful ad.

I can see that. As I like to say about stupid people, “They walk among us.”

It's not THAT annoying but they sure do overplay that Pizza Hut commercial where Craig Robinson mocks the kid by imitating his nasally voice.

Users who are viewing this thread