What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I post my least favorite commercials here (1 Viewer)

The Jon Hamm Progressive commercial is centered around he and Flo going out on a blind date a long time ago when he was a struggling actor and now she doesn't remember him.

The premise is distracting because the actress who plays Flo (Stephanie Courtney) was on Mad Men for a few episodes.  

They should have figured out a subtle way of alluding to that connection.

Youth Advocacy Programs.

If it's a legit physical defect I apologize, but that kid needs to unsneer his lip.

Safelite repair... Safelite replace.

this feels like Covid took out the budget of their normal jingle- hey, musician, we'll pay you XXX $ for a snazzy jingle for our commercial. Cool! I've got a bunch of ideas- why I don't tell yo... Oh- wait a sec- we can you pay $20 and your busfare. what can you give us for that.

hmmm...

Safelite repair... Safelite replace

this feels like Covid took out the budget of their normal jingle- hey, musician, we'll pay you XXX $ for a snazzy jingle for our commercial. Cool! I've got a bunch of ideas- why I don't tell yo... Oh- wait a sec- we can you pay $20 and your busfare. what can you give us for that.

hmmm...

Worse is when they had children singing it.

Phil Collins has sold tens of millions of albums both as solo artist and as a member of successful band. He has been on dozens of huge moneymaking tours (including this last one).

And yet he still feels the need to license out "In The Air Tonight" for a.....washing machine commercial?

Phil Collins has sold tens of millions of albums both as solo artist and as a member of successful band. He has been on dozens of huge moneymaking tours (including this last one).

And yet he still feels the need to license out "In The Air Tonight" for a.....washing machine commercial?
He lost a bunch of money after an unfavorable divorce settlement. This is why he took Genesis on tour despite not really being physically able to perform anymore.

hmmm...

🎵 Co... stanza

I think it's been mentioned in this thread already but gotta say.... the Rocket Mortgage commercial where the dude screams out in fear when his wife surprises him coming out of the wall or couch or wherever in the house "looking for hidden money" has to be the worst on the air right now.

hmmm...

Not quite as bad as the new MAACO jingle.

Petty one, but I can't unsee it every time it comes on:

Alexa commercial that features the song, I only have eyes for you.  Shows a couple at a high school dance in ~60's. Female is easily 4-5" shorter than the guy. Fast forward to modern day and couple is dancing at home and clearly only a height difference of 1-2".

These two in high school are probably fairly close to their adult height and if anything the male would be the one to continue growing making height difference even greater.

Stupid I know, but it is all I see when the commercial repeats regularly. 

Alexa commercial that features the song, I only have eyes for you.  Shows a couple at a high school dance in ~60's. Female is easily 4-5" shorter than the guy. Fast forward to modern day and couple is dancing at home and clearly only a height difference of 1-2".

These two in high school are probably fairly close to their adult height and if anything the male would be the one to continue growing making height difference even greater.

Osteoporosis happens as you become elderly....literally can make you hunched and shorter.   

Have you listened to the new Drake album recently?  You may have your answer.
Nope.  I do have Google Translate app on my phone for when I was talking to some ladies from Mexico on Facebook Dating though.  :lol:   Maybe that's why?

OMG I thought the exact same thing!!!

OR, he was "robbing the cradle" a bit back in HS

Can we talk about the Progressive/Jurassic crossover commercial set at a drive-in theater?

Setting aside for the moment the rarity of operational drive-in theaters these days. WHO WOULD PARK A ####### RV IN A MIDDLE ROW WITH CARS BEHIND IT? Forget the dinosaurs - if someone parked an RV in front of my car, I'd set the mother####er on fire myself.

This applies to many commercials that appear now. When they state so and so product ”lasts up to 10hrs” or any other arbitrary time frame.

This could mean if it lasts 5 minutes then it meets that criteria. Giving the maximum time something could last is clearly just playing with words to make something sound better than it really is.

The stupid Bounty paper towel commercials where people freak out when they almost spill a drink on their winning lotto ticket or iPad.  Like, hey genius... how about you just MOVE THE ITEM OUT OF THE WAY?

The stupid Bounty paper towel commercials where people freak out when they almost spill a drink on their winning lotto ticket or iPad.  Like, hey genius... how about you just MOVE THE ITEM OUT OF THE WAY?
I actually just said to my wife the other day... "The lotto IS a tax on the stupid"... when the doosh spills his drink and is too dumb to move the lottery ticket.

A lot of companies seem to think their customers are dumb as rocks. 

This applies to many commercials that appear now. When they state so and so product ”lasts up to 10hrs” or any other arbitrary time frame.

This could mean if it lasts 5 minutes then it meets that criteria. Giving the maximum time something could last is clearly just playing with words to make something sound better than it really is.
Also noticed that some will say "up to x, or more" which pretty much means anything.

I'm on the fence with the Peloton commercial where the wife says to her husband on his bike, "YOU WANT MORE!?!?!?!". She then follows up with something like "See you at home."

It's borderline annoying but kinda hot at the same time. Might need shuke's ruling on this one.

I'm on the fence with the Peloton commercial where the wife says to her husband on his bike, "YOU WANT MORE!?!?!?!". She then follows up with something like "See you at home."

It's borderline annoying but kinda hot at the same time. Might need shuke's ruling on this one.
I'll need a link

I believe it’s a Lexus ad, but it remains utterly stupid regardless.

https://youtu.be/iLVFbdD5JQg
:lol:
See how ineffective most commercials are? I didn’t even realize it was an ad for Lexus.

Nothing specific, but why do gas companies run commercials? Saw one for Marathon, i go to the gas station i pass guys, i think everyone does…..

Users who are viewing this thread