What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Random movie "aha" moment (2 Viewers)

Before Brent Spiner was Commander Data was Star Trek: The Next Generation, he was a famous semi-regular defendant on NBCs Night Court in the 1980s as the male half of the country bumpkins Bob and June Wheeler. I vividly remember Bob and June Wheeler but never made the connection until recently.

:football: As for these AHA moments, I seem to go through one a week. That is why IMDB is one of my top 3 most valueable websites of all time.

In "The Jerk" I remember thinking I know that big dude riding with Steve Martin, but can't exactly place him.

Then it hit me: that's Luca Brasi.

No Country For Old Men: The old bald guy in the wheelchair in the house with the cats (TLJ's uncle) is General Berenger from Wargames. Mr. McKittrick, after very careful consideration, sir, I've come to the conclusion that your new defense system sucks.
Barry Corbin, I believe. He was also Travolta's uncle in Urban Cowboy.
He'll always be Maurice, the retired astronaut turned wannabe business-tycoon, in Northern Exposure to me.Solid in everything he does. Also sticks out to me as one of the rich cowboy gamblers who plays strip poker with the old ladies in Any Which Way You Can.

Had an "aha!" "duh!" moment when I realized one of Spicoli's buds in Fast Times At Ridgemont High was Nicolas Cage.

*also, according to IMDB, the other two were Eric Stoltz and Anthony Edwards!

EDIT Part Deux: I effed that all up. Jeezus. Cage was Brad's buddy. Stoltz and Edwards were Spicoli's friends.

:lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Was watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer not too long ago and noticed Ben Affleck as one of the basketball players on the opposing team when the dude vamps out on the court.

Also, noticing that Tom Cruise was one of the guys that gets gunned down in the final gun fight of Young Guns, only took me about 50 viewings.

Had an "aha!" "duh!" moment when I realized one of Spicoli's buds in Fast Times At Ridgemont High was Nicolas Cage.

*also, according to IMDB, the other two were Eric Stoltz and Anthony Edwards!

EDIT Part Deux: I effed that all up. Jeezus. Cage was Brad's buddy. Stoltz and Edwards were Spicoli's friends.

:boxing:
And Ralph Macchio is the kid who looks at Jennifer Jason Leigh when she sucks on the carrot in the cafeteria.

After watching "Back to the Future" for the 20th time, I finally realized that the name on the sign at the shopping mall changed after Marty McFly returned from 1955 to 1985.

1985 before leaving for 1955: Twin Pines Mall

1985 after returning from 1955: Lone Pine Mall

This was because Marty drove over one of the two pines at Old Man Peobody's Farm with the DeLorean soon after arriving in 1955.

After watching "Back to the Future" for the 20th time, I finally realized that the name on the sign at the shopping mall changed after Marty McFly returned from 1955 to 1985. 1985 before leaving for 1955: Twin Pines Mall1985 after returning from 1955: Lone Pine MallThis was because Marty drove over one of the two pines at Old Man Peobody's Farm with the DeLorean soon after arriving in 1955.
Yep. That little detail is pretty genius.

I didn't know until a couple of years ago that the song (

) in the background during the museum scene in "Ferris Bueller" was an instrumental cover of the Smiths "Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want". I'd heard both songs dozens of times but never made the connection.

Nigel Tufnel said:
Wheezer34 said:
After watching "Back to the Future" for the 20th time, I finally realized that the name on the sign at the shopping mall changed after Marty McFly returned from 1955 to 1985. 1985 before leaving for 1955: Twin Pines Mall1985 after returning from 1955: Lone Pine MallThis was because Marty drove over one of the two pines at Old Man Peobody's Farm with the DeLorean soon after arriving in 1955.
Yep. That little detail is pretty genius.
In p3 Clayton Ravine is renamed Eastwood Ravine when he returns to 1985

Saw 16 Candles on TV last night and never realized (until now) the kid that plays Molly Ringwald's brother also played Dustin Hoffman/ Meryl Streep's son in Kramer vs. Kramer.

Wheezer34 said:
Billy Zane and Casey Semisko (sp?)were in Biff's gang.

Wheezer34 said:
Billy Zane and Casey Semisko (sp?)were in Biff's gang.
And Flea was Marty's car-race bully in 1985

Wheezer34 said:
That's GREAT!!! I never noticed that....

After watching "Back to the Future" for the 20th time, I finally realized that the name on the sign at the shopping mall changed after Marty McFly returned from 1955 to 1985.

1985 before leaving for 1955: Twin Pines Mall

1985 after returning from 1955: Lone Pine Mall

This was because Marty drove over one of the two pines at Old Man Peobody's Farm with the DeLorean soon after arriving in 1955.
That's GREAT!!! I never noticed that....
Here's some You Tube footage of the scene:

Kramer as a bad guy on Miami vice. There are a bunch of before they were famous on old Miami vice episodes but this is my favorite.
Kramer was also the guy on Cheers who bet Sam Malone his bar that Sam wouldn't marry (blanking on actress' name) by a certain time, so he came to the bar to collect. Sam proceeds to find someone else with the same name to agree to marry him. Long story short, Kramer settles for an olive, and says "think about that next time you go popping your mouth off." (paraphrased)

My kid was watching The Wizard on HBO a couple of weeks ago and said "Whoa, rewind that!" He spotted a very young Tobey Maguire in a brief, non-speaking role. :prouddad:

This just hit me recently, was watching Evolution (movie with David Duchovny, Orlando Jones, Sean William Scott) and the guy who is the chief in Monk (Ted Levine) plays a General in that movie.

I knew that, but the AHA moment was looking at IMDB.com (one of the best sites one the net) and realizing that Levine played Jame "Buffalo Bill" Gumb, the guy who kidnapped the girls and kept them in the hole. "It rubs the lotion on its skin. It does this whenever it is told."

The football-lovin tomboy daughter in Remember the Titans is now the hottie cheerleader in Heroes. GB Hayden. :shrug:

P.S. My son watches Cinderella 3 about a million times (another thread all together) and the song in it sounded familar. Watched the video of the song and there is Hayden singing away.

Taking one from the Dazed and Confused thread. Rory Cochrane who played Slater was also Tim Speedle from CSI:Miami and Greg Seaton from 24:Day 7

When watching movies with the family, I always like to quiz them as to where they've seen people before (like when watching Twilight and asking my step daughter if she recognized Kristen Stewart from Zathura). I was proud to learn that my 7 year old son also picked up my skill. We were watching the Disney channel and they had a commerical for some new Disney Channel movie (Princess Protection Program), and there was a kid I kind of recognized. My son blurts out, "that's the guy from Sky High that glows!" (Nicholas Braun)

I saw Galaxy Quest again recently... there were a number of future semi-stars in the crowd at the convention, including Justin Long, Dwight from The Office, and I think some others.

In iRobot the boy on the street that Will Smith sends home repeatedly and saves his life at one point is the maid boy from Transformers and Transformers 2.

Teenage Katherine Heigl plays Casey Ryback's niece in Under Siege 2.
I'm pretty sure she's the the girl in that soccer movie "Ladybugs." She has kind of a sexy scene in that movie but not sure she is of age. A weird scene if she's not. She's the daughter in "My Father the Hero" too. Where she is a bit sexualized as well.

Teenage Katherine Heigl plays Casey Ryback's niece in Under Siege 2.
I'm pretty sure she's the the girl in that soccer movie "Ladybugs." She has kind of a sexy scene in that movie but not sure she is of age. A weird scene if she's not. She's the daughter in "My Father the Hero" too. Where she is a bit sexualized as well.
That Night - stars C. Thomas Howell and Juliette Lewis. But the young narrator is 12/13-year-old Eliza Dushku and one of her friends is 15-year-old Katherine Heigl.

Not a great one, but the guy who plays the giant demon "Darkness" in Legend was also the butler in Clue and starred in Rocky Horror Picture Show. That's right: Tim Curry. That one made me go "aha!" 10 years ago.

The girl in Legend was Ferris Bueller's hot girlfriend.

Also, "Jack," the hero in Legend, is now a spokesman for a cult who does guest spots as an overexcited wacko on The Oprah Winfrey Show.

Users who are viewing this thread