What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Random movie "aha" moment (1 Viewer)

Douglas Kenney, the guy who played "Stork" on "Animal House", was a producer and co-writer for Caddyshack. He also played a cameo role in Caddyshack as one of the dinner guests of Al Czervic.

Kenney co-founded National Lampoon. I wonder how many more comedies he would have produced had he not died so young.

He died after falling off a cliff in Hawaii on 27 August, 1980... the same day my mother died of a heart attack.

A young Jeff Goldblum played a street thug in "Death Wish" with Charles Bronson.
And Laurence Fishburne was a thug in Death Wish 2. And the bad guys in Death Wish 3 included Alex Winter (from the Bill & Ted movies) and the guy who played Ritchie's older brother Chuck on "Happy Days".

I always thought that Brian Doyle Murray (Caddy Manager, Mayor in groundhog day) was lucky that Bill Murray got him into Caddyshack, then I realized that Brian Doyle Murray wrote it.

And I can't tell you the number of aha moments I've had involving either Jack Black or Jeremy Piven.
At work we'll waste time by naming two movies that have the same actor in each and others have to figure out who it is. Waterworld and Enemy of the State...Jack Black. (pilot that gets shot down, one of the tech guys)
And I can't tell you the number of aha moments I've had involving either Jack Black or Jeremy Piven.
Piven was/is a John Cusack lackey. One Crazy Summer

Grosse Pointe Blank

Serendipity

Say Anything

The Grifters
"TEN YEARS!?!"

Clancy Brown...the head guard in the movie The Green Mile.

He also plays the Viking leader in Pathfinder.

Clancy Brown...the head guard in the movie The Green Mile.He also plays the Viking leader in Pathfinder.
Also was in Bad Boys (no, not the one with Will Smith and Martin Lawrence) with a very young Sean Penn, Esai Morales and Ally Sheedy

Clancy Brown...the head guard in the movie The Green Mile.He also plays the Viking leader in Pathfinder.
Also was in Bad Boys (no, not the one with Will Smith and Martin Lawrence) with a very young Sean Penn, Esai Morales and Ally Sheedy
Ironically, his name in Bad Boys was Viking.
:lol: Every time "Bad Boys" shows up on my channel guide I check to see if it is this movie. Unfortunately it's always that stupid Will Smith movie.

Was watching Outlaw Josey Wales last week and the scene where the bad guys dig Sondra Locke out of the wagon.

The first guy is Richard Farnsworth (The Natural) and another is Randolph Mantooth (Emergency).

Different guy.Green mile guy was David Morse. Classic character actor, usually plays a bad guy.Ah, you know what? I think he meant Shawshank, not Green Mile.

Clancy Brown...the head guard in the movie The Green Mile.

He also plays the Viking leader in Pathfinder.
Different guy.Green mile guy was David Morse. Classic character actor, usually plays a bad guy.

Ah, you know what? I think he meant Shawshank, not Green Mile.
If that's who he's referring to, he's also The Kurgen in Highlander.

bill paxton of HBO's "big love" and "Weird Science", "Aliens", "Twister", "Near Dark" etc fame has a bit part as a punk that Arnold demands clothes from in the original "Terminator".

When catching some of Ghostbusters on television a while back, I realized that the actor who played the mayor is the same actor who played Tony Soprano's lawyer, Neil Mink, throughout the entire series.

After watching "Back to the Future" for the 20th time, I finally realized that the name on the sign at the shopping mall changed after Marty McFly returned from 1955 to 1985. 1985 before leaving for 1955: Twin Pines Mall1985 after returning from 1955: Lone Pine MallThis was because Marty drove over one of the two pines at Old Man Peobody's Farm with the DeLorean soon after arriving in 1955.
That's GREAT!!! I never noticed that....
I never did, either. Good catch!

When catching some of Ghostbusters on television a while back, I realized that the actor who played the mayor is the same actor who played Tony Soprano's lawyer, Neil Mink, throughout the entire series.

After watching "Back to the Future" for the 20th time, I finally realized that the name on the sign at the shopping mall changed after Marty McFly returned from 1955 to 1985. 1985 before leaving for 1955: Twin Pines Mall1985 after returning from 1955: Lone Pine MallThis was because Marty drove over one of the two pines at Old Man Peobody's Farm with the DeLorean soon after arriving in 1955.
I can't believe there is a single soul that grew up in the 80s that didn't know that.

Watching Cars with my son for the millionth time, and finally caught an "adult" joke mixed in.After the first race, Lightning McQueen's two biggest fans rush the stage cheering for him and show him their "headlights" with 95 decals on them, in essence, "flashing" him.Subtle, but I didn't pick up on that until just this weekend.
:wall: I missed that the first dozen times or so.

I can't believe there is a single soul that grew up in the 80s that didn't know that.

Jack Black

Airborne - Auggie

Waterworld - the pilot

Jackal - the dude that sells Bruce Willis the Gatlin Gun

Jeremy Piven

Lucas - Charlie Sheen's friend

One Crazy Summer - one of Teddy's goons

Say Anything - guy with the keys

Singles - He was in Singles??? (By the way Eric Stolz was the mime)

Jeremy Piven

Lucas - Charlie Sheen's friend

One Crazy Summer - one of Teddy's goons

Say Anything - guy with the keys

Singles - He was in Singles??? (By the way Eric Stolz was the mime)
He was the grocery store cashier/ex-classmate of Campbell Scott."What's so funny about peace, peace, peace..."

Saw a rerun of Can't Buy Me Love and Seth Green is the kid brother. Couldn't tell at first.

He's been in a million movies.

Reginald VelJohnson (Carl Winslow) as a cop in Die Hard, Ghostbusters and Family Matters.

And if anyone has seen Across the Universe, I didnt realize the Asian girl Prudence was a lesbian until after the movie was over and my GF told me.

Last edited by a moderator:
watching Porky's last night and noticed who Miss Honeywell was aka Lassie =Kim Catrell. Great scene/Movie

These are really more random early appearances than aha moments but still kind if fun. Nit sure I believe Tom Cruise was an extra in Young Guns though.

Tim Robbins was a fighter pilot in Top Gun. Don't remember if he had flying scenes but he was in classroom scenes.

William H Macy is an agent for some kind of video dj in the NY Kung Fu cult classic The Last Dragon. Who's the prettiest?! Not you Sho Nuff, not in a movie with heroin junkie/Prince protege Vanity in it.

Users who are viewing this thread