What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Canadian Football League - Official Thread (1 Viewer)

on Canada Day, no less.

my inlaws are in BC and I've gotten a dose of the league for a while now. great game and league.

good thread

Is there anyplace to watch these games? I remember as a kid being able to see games on ESPN.

It would be a nice break from baseball in the summer until the NFL starts

I was at the Montreal vs. Calgary game last night. Poor showing by Calgary as they open their Grey Cup defense with a 40-27 loss.

On an interesting side note, Montreal's starting QB Anthony Calvillo isn't very mobile, so they inserted QB Adrian McPherson in for short yardage running plays. McPherson was the former Saints QB who was run over by the Titans mascot in 2006.

I was at the Montreal vs. Calgary game last night. Poor showing by Calgary as they open their Grey Cup defense with a 40-27 loss.On an interesting side note, Montreal's starting QB Anthony Calvillo isn't very mobile, so they inserted QB Adrian McPherson in for short yardage running plays. McPherson was the former Saints QB who was run over by the Titans mascot in 2006.
Those QB sneaks are literally unstoppable in the CFL because the defensive line has to line up 1 yard off the ball.Very strange rule.

Raider Nation said:
Is there anyplace to watch these games? I remember as a kid being able to see games on ESPN.
This site will have many of the games. Check back with them every time there is a game scheduled. http://atdhe.net/They are showing Winnipeg @ Edmonton tonight. (Scroll down to 9:00)
Picked up a security warning from that website. Does not appear to be safe.
maybe your security settings are in need of an adjustment. I'm enjoying a nice stream from that site

So, Hamilton and Toronto will miss the playoffs again this year?

I was wondering how long it would be before Jesse Lumsden got injured. Well, it took last then a half to injure his shoulder. It's too bad he's always injured.

So, Hamilton and Toronto will miss the playoffs again this year?I was wondering how long it would be before Jesse Lumsden got injured. Well, it took last then a half to injure his shoulder. It's too bad he's always injured.
this dude actually was in the Skins camp, circa 2005 or 06 and had some nice runs against the Ravens in the scrimmage game that precedes the exhibition games (in which he had zero carries). got cut and I got bitter.6.3 ypc on 275 carries last year

So, Hamilton and Toronto will miss the playoffs again this year?I was wondering how long it would be before Jesse Lumsden got injured. Well, it took last then a half to injure his shoulder. It's too bad he's always injured.
this dude actually was in the Skins camp, circa 2005 or 06 and had some nice runs against the Ravens in the scrimmage game that precedes the exhibition games (in which he had zero carries). got cut and I got bitter.6.3 ypc on 275 carries last year
I know his story. He went to my alma mater. It's too bad he is always injured. See: tryout for the Seahawks, university play, his years in Hamilton, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
All three games this season have been average. I shouldn’t complain since the Al's did win in Calgary.

You have to question the decision to release JoJuan Armour, the Calgary Defense looked soft with out him.

Montreal needs to shore up the special teams. They were atrocious and the only reason Calgary made a game of it.

CFL is now on ESPN2.

Anyone watching until the NFL version gets cranked up?

Tonight is the Battle of Alberta, Stampeders vs Eskimos.

Actual TSN broadcast btw.

The Saints signed S Marcus Ball out of TOR this year. 7 sacks, 140+ tackles, 7 takeaways, 2 TDs in 2 seasons.

Any other imports on the horizon? Watching the games it's not entirely clear to me why there isn't more transition between the leagues.

Users who are viewing this thread