Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

THE FBG Fashion Thread :style:


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

From a blog post back in early oughts when every post-collegiate city bro had a striped shirt on.  Shortly thereafter, striped shirts started to die off.   "Look at my button down striped sh

Not familiar with Vuori but like the collection you linked.  Fan of Lulu b/c they can often work for both casual and working out. Some of my shorts date back to 2010 and still hold up. However, someth

all :style: schtick aside, you really can't go wrong with Frye boots.  Classic styles that hold up and great quality.  Lots of nice looks for $50 off.  Major recommends the Scout Boot or the Korver Ut

So what about these? Seriously considering trying on the K-Swiss, thinking about it, and trying these for a pair. And while the leather Barney's are cream, these are pure white.

https://www.adidas.com/us/stan-smith-shoes/S75104.html?forceSelSize=S75104_710

or these, over budget by forty bucks or so. 

https://www.barneys.com/product/adidas-bny-sole-series-3a-men-27s-stan-smith-leather-sneakers-505856376.html

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, rockaction said:

I love the Mr. Porters, but $410 dollars for a sneaker is out of my budget. Totally gonna pick me up a pair of all-whites. Looking at about a $100 budget, as I wear birks and slip-ons primarily in the summer. Size 13 shoe for me. Loving so far:

  1. Stan Smiths (a little deviation from all-whites on the Kelly Green back and tongue) for $80 + $7 tax
  2. Adidas Advantage (with also a little Kelly Green) at $47 + $8 shipping + $4 tax
  3. Puma Romas at $49 + $5 tax
  4. Vans at $75 + $6 tax
  5. Converse Jack Purcell at $65 + $5 tax
  6. K-Swiss Men's Classic VN Fashion Sneaker at $56.50 total from Amazon.com

Went with K-Swiss Men's. They're returnable. What do you guys think? We shall see. 

I'm sporting these.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, eoMMan said:

I'm open to whatever...just looking for almost all white and comfortable.

I'm a fan of Jack Purcell's personally. Classic styling for a low-top but not a Chuck.  If you are feeling adventurous then you can seek out prints instead of plain white.

ETA - I picked up a pair of Novesta (olive) last summer and really like them. Just off-beat enough a choice to make it catch the eye. Comfortable and very durable.

Edited by saintfool
Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, saintfool said:

ETA - I picked up a pair of Novesta (olive) last summer and really like them. Just off-beat enough a choice to make it catch the eye. Comfortable and very durable.

bought locally? otherwise how was the shipping?

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, saintfool said:

I'm a fan of Jack Purcell's personally. Classic styling for a low-top but not a Chuck.  If you are feeling adventurous then you can seek out prints instead of plain white.

ETA - I picked up a pair of Novesta (olive) last summer and really like them. Just off-beat enough a choice to make it catch the eye. Comfortable and very durable.

those Novestas are dope...how does the sizing run on those?

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, mr. furley said:

bought locally? otherwise how was the shipping?

I got my pair from DSW, iirc. Ordered direct through them. They don't seem to have a lot of them in stock. Right now, I only see women's styles for them. Otherwise, shipping is like $10-$15 from Novesta direct via DHL. UK shops carry them regularly, too, but shipping is still around $10-15. Ebay can be a solution for those interested.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, saintfool said:

I'm a fan of Jack Purcell's personally. Classic styling for a low-top but not a Chuck.  If you are feeling adventurous then you can seek out prints instead of plain white.

ETA - I picked up a pair of Novesta (olive) last summer and really like them. Just off-beat enough a choice to make it catch the eye. Comfortable and very durable.

Do you go sock-less on the low top sneakers?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, eoMMan said:

Do you go sock-less on the low top sneakers?

i waffle back and forth depending on the situation. coaching soccer, mowing the grass, walking the dog?? probably no socks

everywhere else, socks but i'm finding it difficult to get socks that are either no-show but don't eventually slide down under my feel... or that are no-show but juuuuuust high enough so that the back of my shoes don't rub on the achilles.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eoMMan said:

Do you go sock-less on the low top sneakers?

Almost always. The point of consideration though may be ankle socks vs calf, right? Pants always wear the socks that go higher up the calf. Shorts, however, should be cue to wear ankle or no-show socks like JB showed. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eoMMan said:

Do you go sock-less on the low top sneakers?

Nope.  With shorts, definitely no show socks unless you want your feet to smell and shoes to get tarnished quickly.  With pants depends how hot it is outside and how casual the occasion is.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mr. furley said:

i waffle back and forth depending on the situation. coaching soccer, mowing the grass, walking the dog?? probably no socks

everywhere else, socks but i'm finding it difficult to get socks that are either no-show but don't eventually slide down under my feel... or that are no-show but juuuuuust high enough so that the back of my shoes don't rub on the achilles.

Go with those Stance socks I linked to. Several other brands too have figured out the no show socks in the last couple of years. They've solved the side down your foot problem with some strips around the heel. The Stance brand is great. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Punxsutawney Phil said:

Now that all of the pant styles are skinny I am finding the show choices to be more limited.  The bottoms of the skinny pants don't fall right over higher shoes.  I have to wear loafers.

embrace it...that's :style:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I got these in Navy but they also have white.  Ive worn them twice, once on the golf course and once casual.  Compliments both times.  They are light and comfortable too.  Mainly bought them because I travel a lot for work and wanted something that would allow me to only bring one pair of shoes that I could have for casual dress and for golf.   Plus they are knit on top so basically take up as much room in your bag as flip flops would.

https://truelinkswear.com/true-knit/?sku=TK1-0003-070&gclid=Cj0KCQjwh6XmBRDRARIsAKNInDEpz6q--uyoXAyvc1pPuM52LbxmeFijeXWvLdx8hQEHQZfLEv4_JqIaAj-sEALw_wcB

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe Bryant said:

Go with those Stance socks I linked to. Several other brands too have figured out the no show socks in the last couple of years. They've solved the side down your foot problem with some strips around the heel. The Stance brand is great. 

:thumbup: i've heard of these Stance brand socks but hadn't bought any yet

adding some to my basket now

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Punxsutawney Phil said:

Now that all of the pant styles are skinny I am finding the show choices to be more limited.  The bottoms of the skinny pants don't fall right over higher shoes.  I have to wear loafers.

That's why you have to up your shoe game.   Part of the beauty of this :style: is you can highlight your sweet kicks, and your boot cut dungarees don't cover your Keds.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

RE white casual shoes, if I was in the market I'd go for something like this:

https://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?pid=166850002&cid=1032802&pcid=1032801

Not necessarily these exactly, but this style.  I think the blue accent wouldn't clash with anything, and I like the gum sole.  I think a purely white shoe (white sole, no accent color) gives me a frat boy doosh nozzle vibe or a little to try hard style wise.  If you're wearing a white tennis shoe, you're going casual so keep it casual.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Major said:

Nope.  With shorts, definitely no show socks unless you want your feet to smell and shoes to get tarnished quickly.  With pants depends how hot it is outside and how casual the occasion is.  

The smell will just get more people to notice the jewelry wrapped around your shoes

Link to post
Share on other sites

Cleaned out the attic and found a box of clothes from about 10-12 years ago. Tried a few pairs of pants on and I couldn’t help but laugh- what were we thinking wearing such wide leg pants? My god I felt like I was desssig up for a 1930s period piece. I really hope that doesn’t come back in style.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Cleaned out the attic and found a box of clothes from about 10-12 years ago. Tried a few pairs of pants on and I couldn’t help but laugh- what were we thinking wearing such wide leg pants? My god I felt like I was desssig up for a 1930s period piece. I really hope that doesn’t come back in style.

You were rocking JNCOs, weren't you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

Cleaned out the attic and found a box of clothes from about 10-12 years ago. Tried a few pairs of pants on and I couldn’t help but laugh- what were we thinking wearing such wide leg pants? My god I felt like I was desssig up for a 1930s period piece. I really hope that doesn’t come back in style.

They're making a comeback bro 🤦‍♂️

https://www.gq.com/story/bootcut-jeans-are-back-baby

  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

If you have some nice jeans that happen to be bootcut, a good tailor can taper the leg for you and modernize the fit.  Not a bad option if you don't want to toss some choice denim.  Of course, there's not much that can be done for JNCOs, so you might be SOL @Ilov80s

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Major said:

If you have some nice jeans that happen to be bootcut, a good tailor can taper the leg for you and modernize the fit.  Not a bad option if you don't want to toss some choice denim.  Of course, there's not much that can be done for JNCOs, so you might be SOL @Ilov80s

No none of them were particularly nice, just Levi, Banana Republic, GAP stuff from my early 20s. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Shrugs said:

I think that was sort of the beginning and impetus of the white shoe digression beginning of the thread.  Still back-ordered to July 8.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, saintfool said:

for me, personally, the whole white sneaker thing makes me think of Jerry Seinfeld. I can't do it.

and the guy is a sneaker addict. who apparently just happened to love white sneaks during that show's run.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rockaction said:

I think that was sort of the beginning and impetus of the white shoe digression beginning of the thread.  Still back-ordered to July 8.

If you have a local store you might give them a call and see if they have your size in stock.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rockaction said:

I think that was sort of the beginning and impetus of the white shoe digression beginning of the thread.  Still back-ordered to July 8.

I had seen the hype about Killshots and never been that motivated to try to get them, but about six weeks ago I just happened to come on at the right time to see them not only in stock but included in 50-percent-off code when they are usually excluded from sales. The size 9 that I usually wear for sneakers fit perfectly, and they are very comfortable to me. When I'm wearing blue jeans, I tend to wear them more than any other shoe since I got them. Only problem so far is the jeans bleed on them!

Well, my contribution to the conversation will be Epaulet: https://www.epauletbrand.com/collections/sneakers. I have the bottom ones, though I believe in a more pure white color.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Shrugs said:

Well, my contribution to the conversation will be Epaulet: https://www.epauletbrand.com/collections/sneakers. I have the bottom ones, though I believe in a more pure white color.

I like those. I like the cream color, but my shorts and shirts are taking a pure white better than the leather and suede creams that have been posted. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, saintfool said:

for me, personally, the whole white sneaker thing makes me think of Jerry Seinfeld. I can't do it.

It was a different time way back then with cheap denim and dad shoes.  Not sure about the puffy shirt but every man needs at least one quality pair of white casual sneakers.  I like them b/c you can wear them with every color of pant/jean and they still look good.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...