What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yahoo FAAB? (1 Viewer)

gbill2004

Footballguy
Can someone please explain exactly how the Yahoo FAAB works? I have a few specific questions that were not answered on the Yahoo league website:

1. How much of a FAAB does each GM get?

2. Is the FAAB that each GM gets per week, or per season?

3. The FAAB accronym implies that it applies to free agents (FA)? Does a FAAB apply only to waiver wires players, or to free agents also?

So faab is free agent....?what's a and b?
Free Agent Acquisition Budget.The accronym seems to imply that it applies to Free Agents, but my understanding is that it may only apply to players on the waiver wire. I just wanted to clarify. I am the commish for my league, and if it only applies to ww players, then I will implement the FAAB, but if it also applies to free agents, then I will not.

I wonder if it can be set up for both WW and Free Agent players.....like a blind biding system...but I dont think that is the case?

-the commish can set the free agent dollar amount to whatever he'd like through the settings

-it is used for the waiver process, not free agents...it is blind bidding and there are several tie breaker options available

-the commish can set the free agent dollar amount to whatever he'd like through the settings-it is used for the waiver process, not free agents...it is blind bidding and there are several tie breaker options available
Thanks. A few questions based on this:1. The default FAAB per GM is $100. Are there any pros/cons to decreasing or increasing the FAAB from the default os $100?2. It says that the commish can mannually adjust an individual GMs FAAB throughout the season? One of the reasons Yahoo says you may wnat to do this is that if GMs want to include FAAB $ in a trade. Can GMs do this themselves when proposing a trade, or does it have to be done manually by the GM?? What would be the best way to manage this if FAAB money is included as part of a trade?

-the commish can set the free agent dollar amount to whatever he'd like through the settings

-it is used for the waiver process, not free agents...it is blind bidding and there are several tie breaker options available
you can set up to handle free agents, from the website:
Weekly Waivers

Use these settings to give everyone in the league a fair chance at picking up players. Sunday - Tuesday means all unowned players will be placed on waivers at 10:00am PT each Sunday with the claim period ending at 11:59pm PT on Tuesday. First game of the week - Tuesday means all unowned players will be placed on waivers at the start of the first game for that week with the claim period ending at 11:59pm PT on Tuesday.

Users who are viewing this thread