What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do you feel about Cutler now? (current info on pg 46) (2 Viewers)

a few plays in a preseason games (mostly out of base sets) is not gonna change my opinion

It almost seemed like they didn't want to show anyone their playbook

Last edited by a moderator:
a few plays in a preseason games (mostly out of base sets) is not gonna change my opinionIt almost seemed like they didn't want to show anyone their playbook
The completion to Clark would have been a TD if Olsen caught it. That combo is going to be huge IMO.

If pre season predicted the regular season Oakland will win the SuperBowl.

Oakland 31

Detroit tied with several teams at 27-highest t scorers this week.

Oakland VS Detroit in the big game.

A little disappointed to see him lock onto Devin Hester so much. Hester is a great deep threat but he's so far removed from a complete receiver; I think a lot of us started to forget that. Hoping to see him correct that this year, because whereas Brandon Marshall could catch 100+ passes with Cutler locked onto him, Hester would probably catch 60 and the Broncos (and Cutler) would have a far less impressive offense in that situation.

A little disappointed to see him lock onto Devin Hester so much. Hester is a great deep threat but he's so far removed from a complete receiver; I think a lot of us started to forget that. Hoping to see him correct that this year, because whereas Brandon Marshall could catch 100+ passes with Cutler locked onto him, Hester would probably catch 60 and the Broncos (and Cutler) would have a far less impressive offense in that situation.
this was evident during the play where the DB fell down. Hester watched him and slowed down for some reason instead of finishing his route, which was a nice pass from Cutler.Most likely MArshall, or a number of true WRs would have scored a TD.Olsen alone is not going to bring Cutler to a top 10 Fantasy QB..... a few WRs will have to step up.

i wouldn't panic yet, it's just preseason. it's too early to call cutler a bust. and yes, it's too early to call orton a bust even though he threw 3 picks.

bears always run this vanilla d without any complex blitz schemes, so they usually get shredded in the preseason, start off well in the regular season, then fade towards the end due to old age and injuries.

the one position where you might see some indicators in the preseason is at rb.

i still remember being sucked in by steve spurrier's awesome run and gun offense with the redskins. i drafted danny wuerfel. they kicked some serious ### in the preseason.

never again.

Bitter Broncos fan so take this with a grain of salt. This has always been cutler's problem. He is not an elite NFL QB at this point. He is young and has some potential, but he has never been a QB who is patient and goes through all the progressions making reads on the play. He locks on to one receiver and tries to force the ball too much. Cutler has a lot of growing to do before becoming an elite QB. The potential is there, but he isn't there yet.

it's pretty dumb to be down on a player after a quarter of preseason action. i never was too high on him in the first place, but i sure won't let the first couple of preseason games sway my opinion for better or worse

This has always been cutler's problem. He is not an elite NFL QB at this point. He is young and has some potential, but he has never been a QB who is patient and goes through all the progressions making reads on the play. He locks on to one receiver and tries to force the ball too much. Cutler has a lot of growing to do before becoming an elite QB. The potential is there, but he isn't there yet.
:confused: I think Cutler almost has too much confidence in his arm, to where he thinks he can make some ridiculous throw, which sometimes results in a bad INT. Like you said, he is on the verge of becoming an elite QB, but I think he is gonna need really good coaching and a touch of humility to get there.

Cutler has a gunslinger mentality. There will be times when Bears fans will be amazed at some of the completions he makes. There will be times when Bears fans will scratch their heads going WTF? while watching him play.

Cutler will be fine, He stated in the inteview after the game that they only had the base offense in and he was looking forward to when they were going to put the real offense in.

LOL... one quarter, new team, new offense.... missing Forte and Olsen, and some want to puut a fork in Cutler.

I don't think he will hold his previous FF value with Chicago, but the guy will still be a legit #1 QB in any 12 team league.

I don't judge players based on one game, especially players who have previously proven that they have talent. He looked out of sync and nervous and like he still isn't fully comfortable in that offense. The positive was that his receivers, aside from Greg Olsen, were better than people thought. Bennett looks like a legitimate possession receiver and Hester got open deep enough and had the one big play. They need to get the running game going and get Olsen more involved, but it is his first game. Don't over analyze it. By the same token, Rodgers had a horrible game too and really didn't show me much. That last TD pass was a busted coverage and if he doesn't make that throw he doesn't belong in the NFL. I don't think Rodgers sucks either--both of these guys are young QBs and will have good games and bad games.

Cant get any worse.

:lmao:

Scratch that they play the steelers next week.

Den int - 0

Chi int - 4

ETA - Orton did not play fantastic, but he did not play terrible. He was hampered by untimely holding calls uncharacteristic drops, and a nasty cut on his finger. But, he did not throw any pics so I'm pretty happy.

I feel that he was horribly overrated as an NFL commodity and is not the elite QB we were led to believe he was. He is a good young QB with great potential and a lot of work to do.

I feel that he was horribly overrated as an NFL commodity and is not the elite QB we were led to believe he was. He is a good young QB with great potential and a lot of work to do.
He was also playing for a genuine offensive genius, which he definitely is not now.

He was also playing for a genuine offensive genius, which he definitely is not now.
Very true. The play calling and overall offensive coaching in Chi thus far has left a lot to be desired. They simply do not run the ball enough and call plays as if they expect Cutler to win every game. On top of that his weapons aren't the best. His best weapon is the guy they hardly use anymore that lines up about 6 yds behind Cutler.

This guy is terrible. What a waste. McDaniels fleeced Chicago as a whole. The team, the city and its fans.

Love these threads that are bumped after a bad game. Most ######ed thing about this site.
I can show you a handful of quotes where I ripped Cutler and the Bears after the trade. A bad game? The kid is mediocre. Good arm, questionable accuracy, headcase. What's the big deal?

I got no problem admitting when Cutler is a big part of the Bears losing. Today was not that day. Last week yes, this week not even close.

Reminding me of an improved Rex Grossman.

Better than Rex when he is on...and just when he is average. But when bad...he is as bad as Rex could be.

Reminding me of an improved Rex Grossman.Better than Rex when he is on...and just when he is average. But when bad...he is as bad as Rex could be.
Your a tool, did you watch the game? They were blown out b/c of the defense. So hmmm I wonder what Chicago is going to do? I would rather Cutler force throws trying to comeback than "manage" a loss.

Reminding me of an improved Rex Grossman.Better than Rex when he is on...and just when he is average. But when bad...he is as bad as Rex could be.
Your a tool, did you watch the game? They were blown out b/c of the defense. So hmmm I wonder what Chicago is going to do? I would rather Cutler force throws trying to comeback than "manage" a loss.
I did not watch much today...enough to see Cutler not playing all that well either.But thanks for just coming out with an insult.I stand by my assessment of Cutler right now. he is better than Rex...but has those games where he is just flat out bad.

I did not watch much today...enough to see Cutler not playing all that well either.But thanks for just coming out with an insult.I stand by my assessment of Cutler right now. he is better than Rex...but has those games where he is just flat out bad.
Those are tool posts and I have been around here for years to see your other posts.Enough to see the Bears passing almost all game(wasn't even a question if the bears were going to run or pass)....have the Bengals blitz and get constant pressure(all the props to Cinci for doing that without Odom). But Cutler sucks bla bla bla. Bears on the road 1-3, at home 2-0. Cutler has two come from behind wins late in the fourth(would've been 3, but then Rodgers answered).

Users who are viewing this thread