What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do you feel about Cutler now? (current info on pg 46) (1 Viewer)

Rotoworld:

Coach John Fox confirmed Jay Cutler will open OTAs as the Bears' starter.
"I would say logically if you are looking at the depth chart and asking me two weeks before we can get anything going, I'd say [Cutler would be] first on the depth chart," Fox said. The Bears' starting job is Cutler's to lose, and he faces little in the way of competition. Jimmy Clausen projects as Cutler's backup.

Source: ESPN Chicago
Mar 27 - 6:35 PM

Rotoworld:

Bears OC Adam Gase said he feels "comfortable" with Jay Cutler.

"We have a good relationship so far," Gase said, "and we’re just going to keep working to get better." After unsuccessfully trying to dump him during the draft, the Bears' coaching staff now has to repair its relationship with the highly-paid quarterback. Considering both sides are stuck with each other, that should not be a tall task. Cutler will open the season as the starting quarterback in Chicago.

Source: ESPN.com
May 9 - 9:42 AM

What I think about him now is what I thought about him since his days at Vandy. An overrated pampas a$$. Spoiled rich kid.

What I think about him now is what I thought about him since his days at Vandy. An overrated pampas ###. Spoiled rich kid.
I personally don't like his personality but he grew up in a small town (Santa Claus, IN), halfway between Evansville and Louisville, and went to a public high school.

:rolleyes: Reading comprehension is not strong in the Pool. Where he grew up has nothing to do with what VolBoy's statement? He is obviously talking about where he played college ball.

:rolleyes: Reading comprehension is not strong in the Pool. Where he grew up has nothing to do with what VolBoy's statement? He is obviously talking about where he played college ball.
Vanderbilt is an expensive private school but don't football players get full scholarships?

What I think about him now is what I thought about him since his days at Vandy. An overrated pampas ###. Spoiled rich kid.
I personally don't like his personality but he grew up in a small town (Santa Claus, IN), halfway between Evansville and Louisville, and went to a public high school.
But he went to an expensive SEC school on a full ride. That doesn't make him rich?

What about his famous dumb wife who won't vaccinate their (rich) kids.
That's from the erroneous belief (based on recent studies) that vaccines can trigger Type 1 diabetes. Type 1 cases in children having been increasing 3% a year. Lots of hypothesis out there, but no known reason. If you have this disease it would be easier to understand not wanting your kids to have it.

So there is no small town, public school, rich spoiled kids... glad I got this news now.

PS - I know someone who grew up in Santa Claus and if you didnt know him well you likely would think the same about him.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you think about it, you have to give Cutler a pass on the last couple of years. Obviously Trestman was a noob and an idiot in terms of running the show. Plus look at that O Coordinator they had who got in a fight over fishing!!! That tells me all I need to know about the clown college they were sponsoring at Halas Hall the last couple of years, so in my opinion, even as a Packer fan, Cutler is exonerated. Say whatever you want about Fox, he is not an idiot and will run a tight ship, thus giving some semblance of stability. Considering he is about the 20th qb off the board, I feel he is a great 3rd qb for someone who is drafting qbs late in the hopes to catch lightning in a bottle.

If you think about it, you have to give Cutler a pass on the last couple of years. Obviously Trestman was a noob and an idiot in terms of running the show. Plus look at that O Coordinator they had who got in a fight over fishing!!! That tells me all I need to know about the clown college they were sponsoring at Halas Hall the last couple of years, so in my opinion, even as a Packer fan, Cutler is exonerated. Say whatever you want about Fox, he is not an idiot and will run a tight ship, thus giving some semblance of stability. Considering he is about the 20th qb off the board, I feel he is a great 3rd qb for someone who is drafting qbs late in the hopes to catch lightning in a bottle.
I think you get a decent value on him, but in a standard 12 team league, I don't think the value you get equates to improving your team (unless you are waiting on QB until the literal end of the draft). I just don't think many leagues require a 3rd QB.

On a PPG basis where did Cutler rank last year?
In my league last year Cutler finished as the 12th QB overall and averaged 21.01 ppg. He finished above Romo, Flacco, Stafford and Newton.
what was his PPG rank though?Better than 12th.
He finished 9th in my league based on PPG. He played 15 games instead of 16 though which may make a difference for some people.

You can platoon him with Tannehill or a Brady for an amazing schedule.
I have Brady/Cutler in dynasty, problem becomes murderer's row if the Brady suspension sticks. Packers Cards Seahawks (raiders) Chiefs to start until Brady is back from his bye.

i actually think cutler will do better against the pack this year since now he actually practices agaisnt a three four because that is what the bears are running now so we will see brohans take that to the bank

Users who are viewing this thread